Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Croxton, February 19, 2019, 8:35am
Some of the squad have been deprived of game time by cancellations, injury and a more settled first team. They may/should want to press their claim today against Wigan Res. BUT it's at Cheapside.
I get that we want to nurse the BP pitch through the winter (especially on the Findus side but could we not hire Gainsborough Trinity or Barton Town's pitches from time to time?
I know that we have a number of 'behind closed doors' with Scunny, Donny etc. but I can't imagine Wigan being impressed by our facilities after their long journey. Notts. County are fortunate in their relationship with Ilkeston Town. If only...........
Posted by: ska face, February 19, 2019, 8:45am; Reply: 1
Oh no, we mustn’t upset the galacticos of Wigan reserves!

‘kinell...
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 19, 2019, 8:50am; Reply: 2

Today's Telegraph saying the game is at Blundell Park   8)
Posted by: Croxton, February 19, 2019, 8:54am; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

Today's Telegraph saying the game is at Blundell Park   8)

OS still saying Cheapside!
Posted by: Croxton, February 19, 2019, 9:01am; Reply: 4
Quoted from ska face
Oh no, we mustn’t upset the galacticos of Wigan reserves!

‘kinell...

Much more concerned about our galacticos, Cardwell, Whitmore, Rose, Welsh, Wright, Davis etc.  ( 'k. inell , must be a triallist?)
Posted by: oochiad, February 19, 2019, 10:13am; Reply: 5
Nowt wrong with Cheapside.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 19, 2019, 10:14am; Reply: 6
They train there every day. Why would playing at Barton Town once every 6 weeks make a difference to their wellbeing?
Posted by: Croxton, February 19, 2019, 12:24pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Abdul19
They train there every day. Why would playing at Barton Town once every 6 weeks make a difference to their wellbeing?

It wouldn't but once a year might be a break from groundhog syndrome if BP is not fit. I should confess that I have never seen a game at Cheapside but you have spurred me on! Can you get a cuppa or will I need me flask?
Posted by: rancido, February 19, 2019, 2:08pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Croxton

It wouldn't but once a year might be a break from groundhog syndrome if BP is not fit. I should confess that I have never seen a game at Cheapside but you have spurred me on! Can you get a cuppa or will I need me flask?

You should know by now that you can't bring your flask to town's home games!
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 19, 2019, 2:35pm; Reply: 9
I may be old school but I’m in the camp of if you’re in the reserves do your best to get in the 1st eleven and get to play at BP instead of cheapside .
Posted by: mariner tommy, February 19, 2019, 3:17pm; Reply: 10
Currently 2-1 to Town, Dennis. 2, (1 penalty)

UTM
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 7:16am