Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), February 17, 2019, 5:17am
I would really love the Club to seize this momentum and ‘feel good’ factor NOW be announcing next year’s Season Tickets and see if we can achieve 4-5000.
The Club appears to be going in the right direction and under the right management. If there is something with the Ownership and relocation going on, it all adds to the positivity.

Offer new STs the remaining home games of this Season FOC and existing ones a discount, based on the number of years they have held a ST.

Please GTFC, Do NOT miss this boat (Trawler).

UTM
Posted by: SteffiMariner, February 17, 2019, 8:25am; Reply: 1
Absolutely ridiculous suggestion and an administrative nightmare.

Just offer a blanket reduction for next season, make everyone's life easier.
Posted by: lukeo, February 17, 2019, 8:53am; Reply: 2
I wouldn't give foc but I'd give an initiative and take a risk.. I'm not local so I don't know how much Season tickets are but for me if I was the club I'd wack them up for sale now and give a big discount and have it end at the end of march, that'd give the club 3 months of that money sat in their bank or used to extend contracts or whatever earlier... Like I said I don't know how much they are but say its £300 for an adult we either go 25% off if you buy them before the end of March (£225 saving £75) or think long term and say for every adult ticket sold you get a child free. Didn't this used to happen in the Main stand back in the day? Imagine doing it in all stands  (or even just the Main and Pontoon) it could see an extra 500+ season tickets, admittedly no extra money at first but those children won't go 105 minutes without saying "dad I'm hungry, mum I need a drink" etc. Then not to mention "Dad why have you got the Grimsby top and I haven't"
Posted by: moosey_club, February 17, 2019, 10:42am; Reply: 3
Quoted from lukeo
I wouldn't give foc but I'd give an initiative and take a risk.. I'm not local so I don't know how much Season tickets are but for me if I was the club I'd wack them up for sale now and give a big discount and have it end at the end of march, that'd give the club 3 months of that money sat in their bank or used to extend contracts or whatever earlier... Like I said I don't know how much they are but say its £300 for an adult we either go 25% off if you buy them before the end of March (£225 saving £75) or think long term and say for every adult ticket sold you get a child free. Didn't this used to happen in the Main stand back in the day? Imagine doing it in all stands  (or even just the Main and Pontoon) it could see an extra 500+ season tickets, admittedly no extra money at first but those children won't go 105 minutes without saying "dad I'm hungry, mum I need a drink" etc. Then not to mention "Dad why have you got the Grimsby top and I haven't"

or ... Dad this is boring can i play fortnite  ;D

The club needs additional marketing direct at the kids to make them happy to come regardless of the football. Personally past the age where i look at what the kids offers are so dont know but are there any kids clubs running now ? Do football in the community still run ? Would be difficult at BP i suppose but imagine using the big screen for a FIFA competition of some sort. Why does virtually every other club we go to host a penalty shoot out or crossbar challenge at half time ?
Credit for the half time kids game though as i do enjoy watching those...best bit of football on show in some recent seasons.  

You need the kids to be nagging their parents to go, not the other way round.

Posted by: 1542 (Guest), February 17, 2019, 1:23pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from SteffiMariner
Absolutely ridiculous suggestion and an administrative nightmare.

Just offer a blanket reduction for next season, make everyone's life easier.

How so??

It’s not hard to give discounts based on previous sales!

10 years + 25%
5 years + 20%
3 years + 15%
1 year + 10%

No right to offer none ST holders the same discount.

Posted by: lukeo, February 17, 2019, 1:53pm; Reply: 5
Not sure about Grimsby but we have loads down here. Our town club has 3 adult teams (I run one) and 1 u18, 1 u16s and 2 for every age group under that to age u6!
Posted by: mariner tommy, February 17, 2019, 2:55pm; Reply: 6
I’ve had a ST for well over 10 years but it’s not fair that I should pay less than another supporter who’s only had one for say 3 years
I don’t think that’s a good idea at all

UTM
Posted by: pizzzza, February 17, 2019, 2:57pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from 1542

How so??

It’s not hard to give discounts based on previous sales!

10 years + 25%
5 years + 20%
3 years + 15%
1 year + 10%

No right to offer none ST holders the same discount.

Do you really think that they are organised enough to keep records on how long people have had STs? Maybe there is a pile of those exercise books in a dusty cupboard at BP.
Posted by: golfer, February 17, 2019, 5:04pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from pizzzza

Do you really think that they are organised enough to keep records on how long people have had STs? Maybe there is a pile of those exercise books in a dusty cupboard at BP.

They could always ask us_ I am sure nobody would lie just to get a few quid off 😁
Posted by: gaz57, February 17, 2019, 6:08pm; Reply: 9
Selling season tickets early would give the manager funds to get the players he wants before other clubs snap them up. It would also give the players chance to settle in before the new season starts.
Posted by: ska face, February 17, 2019, 7:07pm; Reply: 10
If the usual 3k are pretty much all signed up again before the end of the season, it’ll give the club all summer to target the 2000 floaters - the exiles, the shift workers, those on the fence every Friday night.

It’s 23 occasions in a year, it shouldn’t take that much convincing, if you know which buttons to press.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 1:35pm