Agree. UTM.
Posted by: Codswede, February 17, 2019, 12:10am; Reply: 2
Colossal. UTM.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 17, 2019, 12:40am; Reply: 3
The Emperor Ludivg.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 17, 2019, 1:00am; Reply: 4

My MOTM today.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 17, 2019, 6:58am; Reply: 5
Old school, no nonsense defender with head like a brick... absolute gem of a find by MJ...
Posted by: wiggers, February 17, 2019, 7:18am; Reply: 6
Love the guy wins everything, if I was to be super critical of his performance yesterday although he won every header not a single one found a Town shirt. Here come the red crosses  ;D
Posted by: Hagrid, February 17, 2019, 7:48am; Reply: 7
He will become a cult hero here
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 17, 2019, 7:57am; Reply: 8
Ludvig is strong he is a viking warrior truly a gift from Odin.

After all we are all vikings he as found his second home.

Hail Ludvig.
Posted by: Spatchcock, February 17, 2019, 8:02am; Reply: 9
Quoted from wiggers
Love the guy wins everything, if I was to be super critical of his performance yesterday although he won every header not a single one found a Town shirt. Here come the red crosses  ;D

Ditto this but no nonsense defending from a player who's probably trying to get used to 4th tier football. There was a few occasions though when he could of controlled the ball and played it to a free player. But that's just being extra critical. The guys a machine, wins everything in the air and is far better than the league we are in. If he stays with us for a few seasons he will no doubt achieve cult status - much like Macca. UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 17, 2019, 8:17am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Ludvic is strong he is a viking warrior truly a gift from Odin.

After all we are all vikings he as found his second home.

Hail Ludvic.

I will hear the Vikings film theme tune in my head now when I think of him.

King Ludvig
The Öhman
He leaps he heads he always wins the ball.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 17, 2019, 8:28am; Reply: 11
One thing that really peed me off and M.J. and the rest of the team Ludvic cleanly won the ball at the edge of the box and never even made contact with that cheating twhat.

The ref fell hook.line and sinker for the fake foul and from the resulting free kick they almost scored which would have been a travesty.

Even sat in the main you could hear Jolley shout "Justice" in the third officials ear he also had to pull his assistant manager away because they were both seething.

That could explain Jolley's reaction at the end it felt like justice had been done and the DIRTY, cheeting basturds got SWEET F.A.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), February 17, 2019, 9:04am; Reply: 12
And if the criticism sometimes heard about Macca is fair(ish) - that he doesn't command his area/come for crosses - then this is exactly the type of defender we need.
Posted by: Mikey_345, February 17, 2019, 9:14am; Reply: 13
Immense today. Thought he won everything against Cheltenham in the air today. But that wasn’t enough for him, when Davies came on he cleared him out to win a ball aswell! 😂

Posted by: 140067 (Guest), February 17, 2019, 9:15am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
One thing that really peed me off and M.J. and the rest of the team Ludvic cleanly won the ball at the edge of the box and never even made contact with that cheating twhat.

The ref fell hook.line and sinker for the fake foul and from the resulting free kick they almost scored which would have been a travesty.

Even sat in the main you could hear Jolley shout "Justice" in the third officials ear he also had to pull his assistant manager away because they were both seething.

That could explain Jolley's reaction at the end it felt like justice had been done and the DIRTY, cheeting basturds got SWEET F.A.

It was such a blatant dive, only after he'd lost the ball. That was their tactics, throw themselves down, keep hold of the ball at throw-ins, free kicks and argue. All to distract Town from playing football.
I think Town's tactics were spot on in the second half, maybe not so pretty to watch. I disagree when some say we didn't play well. We did in the context of the game. This was all about being difficult to beat.
I enjoy these tactical battles as well as a thumping win.
Posted by: devs, February 17, 2019, 9:26am; Reply: 15
MJ found a gem with Ludwig
Ring improving greatly as well

Cheltenham had a lot of the ball yesterday and had loads of chances to get the ball in to the box

But created very little cos our defence was rock solid

RHJ was excellent yesterday as well
Posted by: fishboyUTM, February 17, 2019, 9:28am; Reply: 16
I have no idea why Ludvig is playing at this level. He would excel in the Championship. He can't even be fully fit yet.
Posted by: Running like emson, February 17, 2019, 10:03am; Reply: 17
If you are playing alongside a centre back like Ludvig it makes your decision making so much easier, you know he is always going to attack the ball and you will be the last man. A Scandinavian Tony Adams.
Posted by: Alfie, February 17, 2019, 10:08am; Reply: 18
He’s head and shoulders above this level, we will do well to keep him for next year at this rate. Credit to club for paying fee for unknown Swede and giving him a 2.5 year deal.

Ring also looking classier by the game, shame he got chucked in at start but has recovered well. Back 5 looks very, very solid.

I thought 3-5-2 was meant to be rubbish?
Posted by: 99agrant, February 17, 2019, 10:10am; Reply: 19
Ring was thrown in as there were no defenders left
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 17, 2019, 10:10am; Reply: 20
In the program Ludwig says he’s still having to work hard on fitness so I’m sure there’s more to come.

He’s a real find and if anyone saw the Q&A thing the other week he seems to be level headed and quite witty.

One thing that does need addressing is the futures of Davis, Whitmore and RHJ who should all be given extensions as I think their deals may be up in the close season.

I assume Collins will retire so if we tie them three up with Ludwig & Pollock we’ll have 5 CBs which will be fine.
Posted by: hheh2, February 17, 2019, 10:25am; Reply: 21
The spirit of Grim lives on in Öhman and Ring!
Posted by: moosey_club, February 17, 2019, 10:27am; Reply: 22
Quoted from wiggers

I am with you Wiggers on that one...but thats why he is with us and not Man City  ;D.
First rule of defending is generally "get rid" which is the approach he is taking, maybe once he settles in to our game his game will expand.  Was fitting yesterday that as the clock ran down and Cheatenham were launching it in you could see him setting himself for that final towering header which was greeted by the final whistle.

Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, February 17, 2019, 1:20pm; Reply: 23
Ludvig wears a magic hat
Posted by: forza ivano, February 17, 2019, 1:40pm; Reply: 24
Wonder how many more ex Swedish league players we will have in 12 months time.there has  to be the Swedish equivalent of an elliot Embleton for example?
Posted by: Mariner93er, February 17, 2019, 1:44pm; Reply: 25
I doubt we'll see any make the move in summer, which is mid season over there.
Posted by: Bignic69, February 17, 2019, 2:00pm; Reply: 26
A friend and I were discussing him on the way out yesterday and although I can see he may be able to bring the ball down and play out, I wouldn't swap his no nonsense clearing of the ball for anything.
so many teams in this league lump the ball down your throat means you 100% need someone like him in your defence, great work by Jolley etc for getting him here.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 17, 2019, 2:04pm; Reply: 27
I might stick a couple of quid on him scoring first each week, such is his aerial prowess.
Posted by: Bignic69, February 17, 2019, 2:09pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Abdul19
I might stick a couple of quid on him scoring first each week, such is his aerial prowess.

lol, I had Town 3-1 this week with ohman first scorer 550/1
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 17, 2019, 4:00pm; Reply: 29
We use to sing this theme tune it sounded great in full voice.

Now we have two proper vikings in our side this as got to be Ludvigs tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCavZmoAroc
Posted by: Posh Harry, February 17, 2019, 6:23pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from HertsGTFC
In the program Ludwig says he’s still having to work hard on fitness so I’m sure there’s more to come.

He’s a real find and if anyone saw the Q&A thing the other week he seems to be level headed and quite witty.

One thing that does need addressing is the futures of Davis, Whitmore and RHJ who should all be given extensions as I think their deals may be up in the close season.

I assume Collins will retire so if we tie them three up with Ludwig & Pollock we’ll have 5 CBs which will be fine.

I could be wrong but I think RHJ is the only one out of contract in the summer. I thought davis and Whitmore both had an initial one year deal with the second as an option if the club wanted to take it up.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 17, 2019, 7:37pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Posh Harry

I could be wrong but I think RHJ is the only one out of contract in the summer. I thought davis and Whitmore both had an initial one year deal with the second as an option if the club wanted to take it up.

Yeah I think you’re right I know there is something like that for Davis & Whitmore.
Posted by: Grimsby2012, February 17, 2019, 9:01pm; Reply: 32
There will be a place in Valhalla for him
Posted by: Rik e B, February 17, 2019, 9:08pm; Reply: 33
Odin is pleased.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 18, 2019, 4:52am; Reply: 34
Ludvigs wins a great header in the box puts it across it in the middle pity nobody could covert it.

At the other end watch Ludvigs final towering header at the end.

"They shall not fecking pass!!"

Hail Ludvig. Enjoy.

Ps:also shows the dirty twhat who scrapped his studs over cookie after he was brought down he wasn't even the player that fouled him dirty basturd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnY5f9tcR3A&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2Rv-6kAxTFhMxI8dVeOt7QD5s2bMHhyM9oQFzGSxAzvDwEdpKlw9wKsDM
Posted by: HistonMariner, February 18, 2019, 8:13am; Reply: 35
Could see Ohman as Captain of a Promotion winning side next season........

....... on the assumption nothing happens this year.......

.......but if it does, he could still take us up again !

(Just woke up. Had a great dream. The dream was that Ohman ....................... )

Posted by: Les Brechin, February 18, 2019, 9:05am; Reply: 36
A David Bowie inspried chant for Ludvig maybe?

"There's a starman playing in defence,
His name is Ludvig Ohman
And he really is immense"
Posted by: forza ivano, February 18, 2019, 9:29am; Reply: 37
Quoted from Les Brechin

His name is Ludvig Ohman

certainly better that the stupid 'magic hat' song
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, February 18, 2019, 12:49pm; Reply: 38
Interview his recently done:

http://grimsbynorge.com/?p=14213
Posted by: Ipswin, February 18, 2019, 12:53pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Les Brechin

His name is Ludvig Ohman

Stick to running the compos Les  ;)

Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, February 18, 2019, 12:57pm; Reply: 40
They use snus?  from what I gather its a type of powdered tobacco.  What benefit does it give?
Posted by: Maringer, February 18, 2019, 1:11pm; Reply: 41
I'd imagine it clears the nostrils quite well! If you've ever had snuff before (oddly enough I was given it to try as a kid), you'll know it makes you sneeze a ridiculous amount.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, February 18, 2019, 1:24pm; Reply: 42
You put it in between your gums and lips
Posted by: Ipswin, February 18, 2019, 1:35pm; Reply: 43
You put it in between your gums and lips

And it is carcinogenic

Posted by: Maringer, February 18, 2019, 1:44pm; Reply: 44
Ah. From the spelling, I thought it must be the equivalent to snuff.

Sounds nasty.
Posted by: Ipswin, February 18, 2019, 1:55pm; Reply: 45
It's sale is banned in the EU so presumably if the Brexiot idiots get their way we'll all be able to try it quite soon.
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 18, 2019, 2:05pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Ipswin
It's sale is banned in the EU so presumably if the Brexiot idiots get their way we'll all be able to try it quite soon.

I doubt it though Swin. Remember, if Brexit goes ahead there will be 200 mile queues at Dover, 50,000 troops trying to quell civil unrest due to zero food or medicines and of course not a single flight in or out of  Britain ever again.  What I can’t understand though is how we haven’t imploded yet. The remoaners said we would for even thinking of leaving the EU.
Strange, don’t you think 🤔
Posted by: Maringer, February 18, 2019, 2:16pm; Reply: 47
Hmmm. Well, the Bank of England reckons Brexit has cost the UK around £80 billion so far:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/14/brexit-has-cost-uk-economy-at-least-80bn-since-vote-bank-of-england-rate-setter

If even half way right, that's a substantial amount. Yeah, I know, nobody believes experts etc. There must certainly have been some reason why we've had the lower growth than the EU since 2016...
Posted by: Ipswin, February 18, 2019, 2:18pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Civvy at last

I doubt it though Swin. Remember, if Brexit goes ahead there will be 200 mile queues at Dover, 50,000 troops trying to quell civil unrest due to zero food or medicines and of course not a single flight in or out of  Britain ever again.  What I can’t understand though is how we haven’t imploded yet. The remoaners said we would for even thinking of leaving the EU.
Strange, don’t you think 🤔

As far as the 200 mile queues at Dover are concerned, if we are stupid enough to leave I sincerely hope there are queues, a thorough Customs check, examination and imposition of import duties will be essential, not a lot of point in leaving otherwise.

Posted by: mariner91, February 18, 2019, 2:44pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Ipswin

And it is carcinogenic

It's incredibly carciogenic. Really daft habit as you can almost guarantee there'll be some soft tissue changes if done long term.
Posted by: TonySmith, February 18, 2019, 3:25pm; Reply: 50
  If you want to have nightmares, google images of "the effects of chewing tobacco." No snus is good snus.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, February 18, 2019, 6:39pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Maringer
Hmmm. Well, the Bank of England reckons Brexit has cost the UK around £80 billion so far:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/14/brexit-has-cost-uk-economy-at-least-80bn-since-vote-bank-of-england-rate-setter

If even half way right, that's a substantial amount. Yeah, I know, nobody believes experts etc. There must certainly have been some reason why we've had the lower growth than the EU since 2016...

And that doesn’t include the £166 billion that Barclays have just moved to Ireland.
Posted by: rancido, February 18, 2019, 7:30pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Ipswin

So , in your eyes, over half of the people who voted in the referendum are idiots and obviously you aren't because you voted to remain.
Posted by: Mariner93er, February 18, 2019, 7:38pm; Reply: 53
Ultimately we're all bloody idiots because none of us have the faintest clue what the hell will happen when we leave the EU. The sooner people accept this, the sooner I get to stop listening to people harping on about it and watching fishy threads get hijacked by brexit 'debates'.
Posted by: Ipswin, February 18, 2019, 8:00pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from rancido

So , in your eyes, over half of the people who voted in the referendum are idiots and obviously you aren't because you voted to remain.

At least as a remainer, rightly or wrongly, I knew what I was voting for. As Mariner93er points out 'none of us have the faintest clue what the hell will happen when we leave the EU' and that's two years since we were asked to vote. If folk don't know what it entails now they sure as hell didn't know back then as they only had the balderdash spouted by Farage to go on.

Frankly I can't see why people are so excrement scared of having a second vote, with all the crap that's gone on I suspect the majority to leave would be even larger in a second vote as everyone is so drunk off about it

It's even interrupting a thread about sucking carcinogenic Swedish tobacco bags FFS  ;)
Posted by: marinerdazza, February 18, 2019, 8:29pm; Reply: 55
Öhman. Ace. UTM?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 18, 2019, 11:08pm; Reply: 56
Feck off with ya Brexit excrement fed up of hearing that shat.

Prince Havelok the Dane.

Grim the protector.

Öhman the brave not necessarily in that order.  

Hail Ludvig viking warrior and Hail Grimsby to Valhalla and beyond.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 19, 2019, 5:34am; Reply: 57

As far as Brexit is concerned of course we are initially going to have difficulties but there's a whole new world out there.

The majority voted to leave.....get on with it.
Posted by: Grimsby2012, February 19, 2019, 1:38pm; Reply: 58
I like how every remainers says we didn't know what we voted for. You do know that includes your own vote to remain dont you? DOD yo you know what you voted for? Or does that only imply to leave voters? Shocking.... I know what I voted for and I'm perfectly happy with it.  We thrived as an empire before we joined the EU,  I'm sure we won't go bankrupt and all die after we leave.... some of these scaremongering stories are hilarious and so dimwitted. Ninones scared of a ""second vote"". We are more scared of our democracy and how it only doesn't seem to matter when someone Iloses. So childish and quite frankly dangerous and irresponsible
We haven't even left the EU yet so any monetary loss is down to the EU, not being out of it...
Now get back to football talk for God sake
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, February 19, 2019, 1:56pm; Reply: 59
I just hope that those who voted out are the first to lose their jobs when the inevitable lay-offs happen.

Irony is that this is a thread about a Swedish player who probably wouldn't meet the criteria to sign for us if we were out.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 19, 2019, 2:03pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Maringer

The Conservatives being in power is my guess
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, February 19, 2019, 3:15pm; Reply: 61
What do you expect from the Guardian ?

A bunch of left wing liberal elite lunatics !

Posted by: Grimsby2012, February 19, 2019, 3:18pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I just hope that those who voted out are the first to lose their jobs when the inevitable lay-offs happen.

Irony is that this is a thread about a Swedish player who probably wouldn't meet the criteria to sign for us if we were out.

How despicable. So, in order to prove yourself right, you will sacrifice anyone else's lively hood. What a disgusting comment regardless of your Brexit position.
Posted by: Maringer, February 19, 2019, 4:05pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
What do you expect from the Guardian ?

A bunch of left wing liberal elite lunatics !

Eh? It's a Guardian story about a Bank of England report, not an opinion piece.

If you think the Bank of England is left-wing or liberal, you're barking up the wrong tree.

As I'm sure our Swedish defenders could tell you (<-- keeping it on topic  :P)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 19, 2019, 4:13pm; Reply: 64
Well this thread seems to have been bastardised is nothing sacred from politics??
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, February 19, 2019, 4:17pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Maringer

Eh? It's a Guardian story about a Bank of England report, not an opinion piece.

If you think the Bank of England is left-wing or liberal, you're barking up the wrong tree.

As I'm sure our Swedish defenders could tell you (<-- keeping it on topic  :P)

You started it !!!!!!! :P
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 19, 2019, 4:22pm; Reply: 66
As I was just too young to be involved in the original vote to join back in the seventies, I was just wondering if parliament ( e.g, the MP's) had all these discussions/ arguments about the joining deal. Some must have thought we were giving up too many rights.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 19, 2019, 4:27pm; Reply: 67
Back to Ohman,

Would everybody please stop saying how good he is let it be our secret,

We do not want bigger clubs coming in and taking him away.
Posted by: Ipswin, February 19, 2019, 4:48pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Grimsby2012

How despicable. So, in order to prove yourself right, you will sacrifice anyone else's lively hood. What a disgusting comment regardless of your Brexit position.

Unfortunately it will probably be the only way some leavers come to realise that they hadn't a clue what they were voting for.

Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 19, 2019, 4:48pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from grimsby pete
Back to Ohman,

He's not the only good player we've got Pete. Two pretty decent centre backs played for the ressies today.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 19, 2019, 4:53pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from grimsby pete
Back to Ohman,

I don't know what all the fuss is about anyway, Ohman is an average league 2 player at best for me.

Was that alright Pete   ;)

Posted by: friskneymariner, February 19, 2019, 4:53pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

You started it !!!!!!! :P

No the Germans did,they invaded Poland.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 19, 2019, 5:06pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He's not the only good player we've got Pete. Two pretty decent centre backs played for the ressies today.

Yes MJ is getting a good squad together.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 19, 2019, 5:07pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from promotion plaice

I don't what all the fuss is about anyway, Ohman is an average league 2 player at best for me.

Was that alright Pete   ;)

Spot on PP  others please take note  :P

Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, February 19, 2019, 6:47pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Grimsby2012

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. I’m simply saying that if we have a hard brexit and companies start laying people off then it is only right that those who wanted a hard brexit, and Dismissed the weight of expert opinion as scaremongering, are the first ones out the door.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 19, 2019, 9:38pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from Grimsby2012
I like how every remainers says we didn't know what we voted for. You do know that includes your own vote to remain dont you? DOD yo you know what you voted for? Or does that only imply to leave voters? Shocking.... I know what I voted for and I'm perfectly happy with it.  We thrived as an empire before we joined the EU,  I'm sure we won't go bankrupt and all die after we leave.... some of these scaremongering stories are hilarious and so dimwitted. Ninones scared of a ""second vote"". We are more scared of our democracy and how it only doesn't seem to matter when someone Iloses. So childish and quite frankly dangerous and irresponsible
We haven't even left the EU yet so any monetary loss is down to the EU, not being out of it...
Now get back to football talk for God sake

That's totally illogical! If you voted for Remain then you voted for the status quo. In layman's terms, something like the present. If you voted for Leave then you voted for a new situation (let's call it 'the future'). Now tell me what you know more about, the present or the future?

As for the Empire......for Christsakes man. At the time of the Empire millions of Britons didn't have enough to eat, there was no NHS, little education available for most people beyond the age of 14. We'd lost the Empire effectively well before we joined the EEC. As far as most people's lives are concerned, we've thrived a hell of a lot more since we lost it.

People like you have been moaning about the EU for 40 years. So I'm sure us 'Remoaners' are at perfect liberty to voice our opinions for the next 40 years and remind you of your mistake at every opportunity. Or are only people who have your opinion allowed a voice?
Posted by: Grimsby2012, February 19, 2019, 9:58pm; Reply: 76

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. I’m simply saying that if we have a hard brexit and companies start laying people off then it is only right that those who wanted a hard brexit, and Dismissed the weight of expert opinion as scaremongering, are the first ones out the door.

All ifs and buts, no actual hard fact that people will lose jobs. I could easily say that Brexit will create more employment. Already employment is it 75% the highest it's been since the 70s. Oh wait. Didn't we join the EU in the late 70s. You know, when employment rates started to drop and only got back to pre eu rates when we are leaving the eu..... those are actual facts
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 19, 2019, 10:00pm; Reply: 77
The Brexit thread is on the NON FOOTY board

Just saying
Posted by: Grimsby2012, February 19, 2019, 10:04pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That's totally illogical! If you voted for Remain then you voted for the status quo. In layman's terms, something like the present. If you voted for Leave then you voted for a new situation (let's call it 'the future'). Now tell me what you know more about, the present or the future?

As for the Empire......for Christsakes man. At the time of the Empire millions of Britons didn't have enough to eat, there was no NHS, little education available for most people beyond the age of 14. We'd lost the Empire effectively well before we joined the EEC. As far as most people's lives are concerned, we've thrived a hell of a lot more since we lost it.

People like you have been moaning about the EU for 40 years. So I'm sure us 'Remoaners' are at perfect liberty to voice our opinions for the next 40 years and remind you of your mistake at every opportunity. Or are only people who have your opinion allowed a voice?

Lol you say about not knowing more about the future, but then go on about being able to moan about Brexit for the next 40s? If you wanted to stick with your "not knowing the future" you would choose to go forward with the majority vote and be open minded of what brexit will bring us? Or is being open minded the wrong way to go?
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 19, 2019, 10:05pm; Reply: 79
I have no idea what Ohman thinks of this thread.
Posted by: friskneymariner, February 19, 2019, 10:58pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have no idea what Ohman thinks of this thread.

Probably pining for the fjords.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, February 19, 2019, 11:14pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from friskneymariner

Probably pining for the fjords.

Babum tish!

Secret .... Ball
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, February 20, 2019, 7:54am; Reply: 82
Quoted from Grimsby2012

All ifs and buts, no actual hard fact that people will lose jobs. I could easily say that Brexit will create more employment. Already employment is it 75% the highest it's been since the 70s. Oh wait. Didn't we join the EU in the late 70s. You know, when employment rates started to drop and only got back to pre eu rates when we are leaving the eu..... those are actual facts

Your just embarrassing yourself with stupid answers like this.
Posted by: rancido, February 20, 2019, 8:01am; Reply: 83
Quoted from Gaffer58
As I was just too young to be involved in the original vote to join back in the seventies, I was just wondering if parliament ( e.g, the MP's) had all these discussions/ arguments about the joining deal. Some must have thought we were giving up too many rights.

The people didn't get a vote to join the Common Market, that was a decision voted on in Parliament. The people had a referendum in1974(?) under the Harold Wilson Labour Government to remain in the Common Market.
Posted by: psgmariner, February 20, 2019, 11:09am; Reply: 84
Boring.

Brexit thread on non footy board or back to the sixth room common room please.
Posted by: codcheeky, February 20, 2019, 11:19am; Reply: 85
Quoted from Les Brechin

His name is Ludvig Ohman

We could resurrect the Omar Bogle song

Ludvig Ohman,    Ludvig Ohman
Ohman   Ohman
Posted by: Rik e B, February 20, 2019, 11:50am; Reply: 86
I'm very passionate about Brexit but people need to stfu going off thread in the footy section.  >:(
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 20, 2019, 12:02pm; Reply: 87
Thought this thread was about the football we had  ;D

Not someone saying, Oh man, bexit isn't great
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), February 20, 2019, 12:32pm; Reply: 88
I think the best thing that could happen to this thread is that Admin would close it, our great CB has been warmly received, now this thread has been hijacked!  Enough I say!
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 20, 2019, 12:52pm; Reply: 89
I always thought that Brexit was was a fat Scunny lass does when she sits on a plastic chair!  ;)
Posted by: Grimsby2012, February 20, 2019, 3:46pm; Reply: 90

Your just embarrassing yourself with stupid answers like this.

What a childish remark...
Posted by: moosey_club, February 20, 2019, 9:10pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from rancido

i think anyone who voted in the referendum thinking anything would change is an idiot ... British politics remains a complete circus.
Posted by: Ipswin, February 20, 2019, 9:36pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from rancido

At least I knew what I was voting for rather than just what was painted on the side of a bus and the outpourings of a urine artist who happily took the money for sitting in the EU parliament he was so keen to criticise and a bumbling fat blond bloke who wanted to be Prime Minister but never grew up into it.

Posted by: marinerdazza, February 20, 2019, 10:40pm; Reply: 93
Sorry everyone.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 20, 2019, 10:48pm; Reply: 94
FFS!!!!                                                        NON FOOTBALL. (wallbash)(wallbash)(wallbash)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 20, 2019, 11:21pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from Grimsby2012

Lol you say about not knowing more about the future, but then go on about being able to moan about Brexit for the next 40s? If you wanted to stick with your "not knowing the future" you would choose to go forward with the majority vote and be open minded of what brexit will bring us? Or is being open minded the wrong way to go?

Dodging the main point aren't you?!

I didn't say I would moan for the next 40 years. I said 'Remoaners' are at liberty to remind you of your mistake at every opportunity. Let me spell this out slowly. 'at every opportunity' means 'when it becomes clear what a mistake has been made'.

It's not a question of being open minded or not. Why would I change my view because just over half those who voted disagreed with me? The same reasons still apply. Or should I just run along with the herd?  'Oh look, those 52 sheep are following that wolf into the forest. There's only 48 of us. That must mean they know more than us, let's follow them'. You're not presenting the best impression of Brexiteers are you?   ;D
Posted by: Rik e B, February 20, 2019, 11:39pm; Reply: 96
Oy, numnuts, non-football.
Posted by: acko338, February 21, 2019, 6:26pm; Reply: 97
[b][/b]KILL THIS STUPID NON FOOTBALL THREAD !!
Posted by: Maringer, February 21, 2019, 9:25pm; Reply: 98
Or, just don't bother to read it. There are plenty of other threads.

Not much more to be said about Ohman for the moment in any case. If we keep winning games, perhaps there will be.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 3:20pm