Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: d3d4, February 14, 2019, 9:45am
Hi all,

Not Grimsby related but this interview is a great insight into the transfer market and how clubs work during the window...

[url]https://soundcloud.com/salopcast/201819transferspecial[/url]

Well worth an hour of your time.

James
Posted by: pizzzza, February 14, 2019, 10:04am; Reply: 1
I suspect that you have no idea what an hour of my time is worth.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 14, 2019, 10:10am; Reply: 2
Quoted from d3d4
Hi all,

Not Grimsby related but this interview is a great insight into the transfer market and how clubs work during the window...

[url]https://soundcloud.com/salopcast/201819transferspecial[/url]

Well worth an hour of your time.

James

I am a very slow listener so do not have 4 hours to spare.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 14, 2019, 3:41pm; Reply: 3
Does he mention his pal Hurst?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 15, 2019, 6:32am; Reply: 4
I didn’t read not enough time but is it only me who thinks gtfc are a much bigger club than Shrewsbury ?
Posted by: RonMariner, February 15, 2019, 12:32pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
I didn’t read not enough time but is it only me who thinks gtfc are a much bigger club than Shrewsbury ?

We should be, like we should be bigger than Scunthorpe or Lincoln. But the sad fact is that we have not been as well run as those clubs in recent years.  :(
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 15, 2019, 1:21pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from RonMariner

We should be, like we should be bigger than Scunthorpe or Lincoln. But the sad fact is that we have not been as well run as those clubs in recent years.  :(

Can't help but agree with you Ron.... did those clubs suffer from the ITV Digital issues we had though?  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 15, 2019, 1:43pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Can't help but agree with you Ron.... did those clubs suffer from the ITV Digital issues we had though?  ;)

No. They dodged the bullet by not being good enough for the second tier. If only we'd got relegated in 2001.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 15, 2019, 4:14pm; Reply: 8
Bloody Livvo maiming John Achterberg and getting away with it  ;)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 15, 2019, 6:57pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from RonMariner

Fair comment
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 15, 2019, 11:07pm; Reply: 10
Listened to first few minutes. Had me wondering how he compares to Ian Flemming. Interesting that he said he saw the potential in Shrewsbury - a town in the middle of owhwere, if not on the road to nowhere.

Will listen to the rest.

Oh, addictive. Talks about bringing Nolan and Toto in and doing good business on them. 'we took Toto from Hartlepool for little money and sold him on for a lot'. That hurts. Shrews prepared to make an investment and made a good return. No guarantees, but I guess we made nothing on those two.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 15, 2019, 11:12pm; Reply: 11
Oh sodomist, now he's taking credit for Dean Henderson.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 15, 2019, 11:26pm; Reply: 12
And investment in training ground has paid dividends. Helps attract players and higher division clubs to loans players if they see their assets are going to be looked after. Training ground is the regular workplace - players and staff there much more than the ground.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 5:58am