Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 10, 2019, 8:05pm
....of results going for us on Tuesday night?

TUESDAY 12TH FEBRUARY
Crewe Alexandra v Carlisle United
Newport County v Milton Keynes Dons
Oldham Athletic v Yeovil Town
Swindon Town v Forest Green Rovers

Four away wins needed to keep us 12th.

It's so unlikely that I think I will have an accy on it.  (Just got 86.71/1 on Bet 365)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 10, 2019, 8:12pm; Reply: 1
I'd think longer term than 12th. Wins for BFS, Carlisle and FGR would put them further ahead of us. 3 draws and a win for Yeovil* would do nicely as it minimises the total points for all competitors.

* if the Grimsby Reaper has struck the Glovers could be on for the New Manager Bounce.
Posted by: Mariner93er, February 10, 2019, 8:12pm; Reply: 2
I'd rather Carlisle,n fgr and mk lose since we now look more likely to make the play offs than get relegated.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, February 10, 2019, 8:21pm; Reply: 3
Not bothered about Newport, Oldham and Swindon - I expect us to finish above them by end of season.

Would much rather see MK Dons, Carlisle and FGR lose and be more catchable.  

Draws would be even better!

It’s amazing how MK Dons have fallen off the pace.

Losing to Macclesfield in jan is looking like it could be a big loss for Town.  3 more points and we’d be really getting excited now.
Posted by: 99agrant, February 10, 2019, 8:31pm; Reply: 4
Not use to looking at the top of the table to hope results go our way!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 10, 2019, 9:04pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Not bothered about Newport, Oldham and Swindon - I expect us to finish above them by end of season.

Would much rather see MK Dons, Carlisle and FGR lose and be more catchable.  

Draws would be even better!

It’s amazing how MK Dons have fallen off the pace.

Losing to Macclesfield in jan is looking like it could be a big loss for Town.  3 more points and we’d be really getting excited now.

That 6 game losing streak is even more disappointing. If we strung a couple of wins together in that spell or dare I say it 3 we would all be getting nosebleeds!
Posted by: LondonMariner43, February 10, 2019, 9:47pm; Reply: 6
What possesses people to put red crosses on completely non controversial posts?
Posted by: lukeo, February 10, 2019, 11:06pm; Reply: 7
Like someone says above is rather the teams between us and the play off spots lose Tuesday, I'm looking up not down. UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 11, 2019, 12:17am; Reply: 8
Oldham and Newport both have 2 games in hand, Swindon and Crewe 1. Wins mean they all go above us. In fact draws mean Swindon, Oldham and Newport go above us, with the Latics and Newport still having a game in hand each. So any ground we gain on Carlisle, FGR and BFS is lost to the others.

Draws mean we still lose a bit of ground but not as bad as wins. So if you're looking up, draws are what serve our interest best, apart from a win for Yeovil against Oldham.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 12, 2019, 8:55am; Reply: 9
Interesting set of fixtures tonight especially with the positions of us and them in the League table ;

Town 11th

Swindon 12th v FGR
Newport 13th v MK
Oldham 14th v Yeovil
Crewe 15th v Carlisle

3 draws and a Yeovil win be ideal, but we all know that wont happen  :-/

Still all eyes on Saturday v Cheltenham, which is a VERY winnable game, especially after our 3 wins in a row and much improved home form,

Last time we won four was to end December and if it wasn't for a defeat to Cheltenham away we would of ended the year 8 league games unbeaten
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 12, 2019, 12:52pm; Reply: 10
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-fixtures-league-two-results-2534511

Me thinks somebody has been reading this thread!   ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, February 12, 2019, 1:13pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from 99agrant
Not use to looking at the top of the table to hope results go our way!

That's bizzare considering apart from last season for the previous 5 seasons we were constantly at the business end of the table
Posted by: chaos33, February 12, 2019, 4:44pm; Reply: 12
I reckon that 3 of those 4 fixtures are hard to call, but I reckon that Oldham will win. They are a good team IMO, and I can see them being the team, perhaps ahead of us, that could make some sort of attempt on the play offs. MK need a win and so do Newport who have good strikers but a suspect defence. Was trying to think of them all as games with 'BTTS' but wouldn't be shocked if there were 0-0's in there. Crewe v Carlisle should have goals, but FGR at Swindon is the hardest call of the 4 I think.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 12, 2019, 7:55pm; Reply: 13
Crewe 1 up v Carlisle
Posted by: moosey_club, February 12, 2019, 8:28pm; Reply: 14
Win the rest of our games this season and we will get promoted ...so it doesnt matter what the others do  :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 12, 2019, 8:29pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Les Brechin
Crewe 1 up v Carlisle

1-1 but Jamie Devitt sent off.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 12, 2019, 8:35pm; Reply: 16
Swindon , Newport, And Oldham all above us at HT
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, February 12, 2019, 8:39pm; Reply: 17
I want home wins all round apart from Oldham, it gives us a better shot at top 7.
Posted by: lukeo, February 12, 2019, 8:57pm; Reply: 18
I'm looking up so I want MK dons and Fgr to lose. Both are 6th and 7th occupying the last 2 play off spots..
Posted by: Abdul19, February 12, 2019, 9:04pm; Reply: 19
I'm guessing Oldham are now officially known as Paul Scholes' Oldham?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 12, 2019, 9:21pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from lukeo
I'm looking up so I want MK dons and Fgr to lose. Both are 6th and 7th occupying the last 2 play off spots..

But them losing means the other teams around us gain more points. The best bet, apart from a Yeovil win at Oldham, his for draws. 3 draws = 6 points spread between 6 teams. 3 wins = 9 shared points, so whoever wins, we're relatively worse off.
Posted by: sydney, February 12, 2019, 9:24pm; Reply: 21
15th Currently 😔
Posted by: lukeo, February 12, 2019, 9:27pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from KingstonMariner

But them losing means the other teams around us gain more points. The best bet, apart from a Yeovil win at Oldham, his for draws. 3 draws = 6 points spread between 6 teams. 3 wins = 9 shared points, so whoever wins, we're relatively worse off.

They gain points this week, if they lose to 6th and 7th then the teams already in the play offs pull away further.. I'd rather drop 3 or 4 places tonight if it means we stay 8 points off the play offs.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 12, 2019, 9:29pm; Reply: 23
Exactly Luke. It matters less what position we are currently in and more about the number of points it takes to get to where we want to be.
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, February 12, 2019, 9:29pm; Reply: 24
We are still only 8 points off 7th place.
Posted by: oochiad, February 12, 2019, 9:29pm; Reply: 25
Absolutely, as it it stands we’re 15th but still 8 points behind seventh place👍
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 12, 2019, 9:32pm; Reply: 26

PSG looking good against Man Utd.
Posted by: lukeo, February 12, 2019, 9:35pm; Reply: 27
I hope that makes sense :) UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 12, 2019, 9:41pm; Reply: 28
It does make sense but it reduces the chance that we are the team that will creep into the play off places.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 12, 2019, 9:42pm; Reply: 29
Newport lose with an 88th minute goal
Posted by: buckstown, February 12, 2019, 9:43pm; Reply: 30
Solihull top of the conference. Impressive given the competition in that league
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, February 12, 2019, 9:46pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from buckstown
Solihull top of the conference. Impressive given the competition in that league

Madness, reminds me of that year kiddy started indifferently then shot up halfway through the season
Posted by: buckstown, February 12, 2019, 9:48pm; Reply: 32
Whatever happened to Steve Burr? Sought after by a lot of town fans
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 12, 2019, 10:16pm; Reply: 33

Championship team Bristol City make it nine wins in a row tonight.......come on Town   :)
Posted by: lukeo, February 12, 2019, 10:43pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from promotion plaice

Championship team Bristol City make it nine wins in a row tonight.......come on Town   :)

A fair few of my football lads are City fans, needless to say they are buzzing tonight!
Print page generated: April 17, 2024, 12:49am