Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 9, 2019, 7:36pm
Just wondering where this usual post match thread is, did no Town fans go?
Posted by: mariner83, February 9, 2019, 7:42pm; Reply: 1
Probably still driving back.
Posted by: oochiad, February 9, 2019, 7:51pm; Reply: 2
Hats off to everyone who made the trip, the lads will of appreciated it. Sounded great on the radio. UTM
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, February 9, 2019, 7:52pm; Reply: 3
A bit of a damp squib game and atmosphere today.  We played well and got the result without even having to get out of 2nd gear. We were quite wasteful in front of goal and in possession and could have had a lot more than 3.

MoM, difficult one but I'd go for RHJ.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, February 9, 2019, 8:04pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
A bit of a damp squib game and atmosphere today.  We played well and got the result without even having to get out of 2nd gear. We were quite wasteful in front of goal and in possession and could have had a lot more than 3.

Jesus Christ!!

Note to self: Never car share to a game with TheRealJohnLewis

Talk about glass half empty

Posted by: lukeo, February 9, 2019, 8:14pm; Reply: 5
8 points off the play offs... Just saying.
Posted by: penrith mariner, February 9, 2019, 8:20pm; Reply: 6

To be fair, MoM was difficult as  so many had a good game today. RHJ probably just edged it but nobody had a bad game. Thought the passing and movement today was superb at times. The atmosphere was non existent from the home end but I thought we were quite vocal throughout.  A good confident performance today. Personally I enjoyed it. The future is bright.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, February 9, 2019, 8:27pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from penrith mariner

To be fair, MoM was difficult as  so many had a good game today. RHJ probably just edged it but nobody had a bad game. Thought the passing and movement today was superb at times. The atmosphere was non existent from the home end but I thought we were quite vocal throughout.  A good confident performance today. Personally I enjoyed it. The future is bright.

I don't disagree with too much and I realise my comments come across as really negative I agree that some of the play was excellent, I just think we should have put them to bed long before we did and I wanted more from the team.  We were very vocal in parts.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, February 9, 2019, 8:42pm; Reply: 8

I don't disagree with too much and I realise my comments come across as really negative I agree that some of the play was excellent, I just think we should have put them to bed long before we did and I wanted more from the team.  We were very vocal in parts.

The car share IS back on
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 9, 2019, 8:53pm; Reply: 9

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11633145/yeovil-1-3-grimsby

Highlights.
Posted by: MarinerWY, February 9, 2019, 9:11pm; Reply: 10

To comfortably win without having to get out of second gear is the sign of a strong team. No negative spin on that for me.

Posted by: A.l.f., February 9, 2019, 9:16pm; Reply: 11
Back at our hotel after what was a fairly comfortable win.  We shuld have won by more, however Macca made 2 or 3 good stops.  The 3-5-2 worked a treat today and Hendrie i thought was excellent and my Man of the match, just ahead of RHJ, but all did well in a real team performance.
Thought the locals were welcoming and our away support amazing given how long a trip it is here.
Our passing was good and i liked our pressing.
Kristian Dennis looked good when he came on and took his goal well.
Something is happening here guys - we are starting to look like a solid team and have lots of options now that we almost have a fully fit squad.
On to Cheltenham at BP and if we can win that, Swindon away should have a decent away following the week after.  Onwards and upwards.
UTM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 9, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from A.l.f.
Back at our hotel after what was a fairly comfortable win.  We shuld have won by more, however Macca made 2 or 3 good stops.  The 3-5-2 worked a treat today and Hendrie i thought was excellent and my Man of the match, just ahead of RHJ, but all did well in a real team performance.
Thought the locals were welcoming and our away support amazing given how long a trip it is here.
Our passing was good and i liked our pressing.
Kristian Dennis looked good when he came on and took his goal well.
Something is happening here guys - we are starting to look like a solid team and have lots of options now that we almost have a fully fit squad.
On to Cheltenham at BP and if we can win that, Swindon away should have a decent away following the week after.  Onwards and upwards.
UTM

I just hope in the close season we keep the likes of RHJ, Whitmore, Davis and either Dennis or Thomas

Then again I thought Jolley did a great job in the Jan window so who knows what this summer could bring.
Posted by: devon mariner, February 9, 2019, 9:52pm; Reply: 13
Back in Torquay.. easy win really over a poor side. They huffed and puffed but although Macca had to make a couple of saves they never were going to win this. We dominated and played some lovely triangles but it was a bit  tedious at times. Really won at a stroll against a poor foundering team in a craphole stadium. The only noise I heard from home support was after they scored and asking for their manager to leave
Posted by: acko338, February 9, 2019, 10:31pm; Reply: 14
Praise to all travelling supporters - always giving their all as the "12th man".
Posted by: Oly1987, February 9, 2019, 11:19pm; Reply: 15
nice finish from the lad on loan.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 9, 2019, 11:47pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Oly1987

If we sign Dennis permanently I think I might finally get over losing Podge.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 10, 2019, 7:53am; Reply: 17
Quoted from RonMariner

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us sign Dennis and I expect MJ could already be doing something in the background re a contract for him as I think we'll lose Wes in the summer, and if I'm honest, as a pure striker I rate Dennis.
Posted by: Poojah, February 10, 2019, 8:49am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Oly1987

It was a great finish, but I think what was more impressive was the timing of the run and first touch. To have that much time and space whilst remaining onside is a sign of real quality.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 10, 2019, 11:13am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us sign Dennis and I expect MJ could already be doing something in the background re a contract for him as I think we'll lose Wes in the summer, and if I'm honest, as a pure striker I rate Dennis.

Ask yourself why did MJ sign Dennis? When no doubt he does not come cheap is stories about his Notts County salary are to be believed.

Why spend a good chunk of the budget if you didn't think you could get him permanently? ............... Or was it just that he'd contribute to a lat play off surge?  ;)
Posted by: rancido, February 10, 2019, 11:50am; Reply: 20

If you can win a race in third gear then why go into fourth?
Posted by: rancido, February 10, 2019, 11:54am; Reply: 21
Quoted from RonMariner

I got over Podge when he turned down an 18 month contract and gambled on something better.
Posted by: Mikey_345, February 10, 2019, 12:35pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Ask yourself why did MJ sign Dennis? When no doubt he does not come cheap is stories about his Notts County salary are to be believed.

Why spend a good chunk of the budget if you didn't think you could get him permanently? ............... Or was it just that he'd contribute to a lat play off surge?  ;)

Try before you buy 👍
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 10, 2019, 3:10pm; Reply: 23
I particularly liked his calmness in lobbing the goalie, didn't seem to panic and knew what he was going  to do.
Posted by: mimma, February 10, 2019, 3:16pm; Reply: 24
Is Dennis the final piece of the GTFC jigsaw?

We missed some good chances yesterday which a goalscorer like Dennis would have put away.
Posted by: Mariner93er, February 10, 2019, 3:57pm; Reply: 25
You can have loan agreements with clauses for first choice at signing the player in the next tranfer window. I wonder if that is the case here?
Posted by: kamakazebear, February 10, 2019, 4:04pm; Reply: 26
Wonder if it was the plan to have him starting as sub or if the team finding a bit of confidence in front of the goal has pushed him back a bit.

Absolutely love that we've had two own goals now, means we're finally pinging in dangerous balls that are giving the defenders too much to think about.
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 10, 2019, 4:49pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Mariner93er
You can have loan agreements with clauses for first choice at signing the player in the next tranfer window. I wonder if that is the case here?

If Notts County had any sense they won’t have. This is their chance to plonk him in the shop window and get some of the fee back they paid for
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 10, 2019, 5:13pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from pontoonlew

If Notts County had any sense they won’t have. This is their chance to plonk him in the shop window and get some of the fee back they paid for

Agree with this, oddly enough the more he scores the less likely he’d possibly be to stay.
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 10, 2019, 5:18pm; Reply: 29
Doesn't the player get a say, if we match his current wage and agree a fee with a County I would have thought he would rather be here then in the conference with them.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 10, 2019, 6:07pm; Reply: 30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGlGB7K2CEI

Their no.24 was lucky not to be sent off for his first challenge.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), February 10, 2019, 6:23pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from arryarryarry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGlGB7K2CEI

Their no.24 was lucky not to be sent off for his first challenge.

I thought second challenge was a straight red, but now think first one was.
Posted by: hheh2, February 10, 2019, 6:31pm; Reply: 32
In the 10 minute highlights in the second half we attacked with 4 players in on goal but one Yeovil player blocked the pass, could have scored many yesterday
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 10, 2019, 6:43pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from hheh2
In the 10 minute highlights in the second half we attacked with 4 players in on goal but one Yeovil player blocked the pass, could have scored many yesterday

Have they just upgraded the free to view videos on the club site to stop people watching with a adblocker?
Posted by: ginnywings, February 10, 2019, 8:08pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from arryarryarry

Have they just upgraded the free to view videos on the club site to stop people watching with a adblocker?

I have an adblocker and can no longer log in. I have disabled it, cleared out the cache and cookies, and still can't log in. I've even tried to register again with another email address, but i just get a blank screen with a bouncing ball, and nowhere to enter my details.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 10, 2019, 8:13pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from ginnywings

I have an adblocker and can no longer log in. I have disabled it, cleared out the cache and cookies, and still can't log in. I've even tried to register again with another email address, but i just get a blank screen with a bouncing ball, and nowhere to enter my details.

What no lyrics to follow? Next they'll be selling crisps where you don't have to sprinkle the salt on yourself.
Posted by: hheh2, February 10, 2019, 9:18pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from arryarryarry

The 10 minute highlights have been free all season. Haven't got ifollow sub.
Posted by: hheh2, February 10, 2019, 9:19pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from ginnywings

Try using internet explorer or internet explorer edge they both work best with ifollow.
Posted by: Grimal, February 10, 2019, 9:46pm; Reply: 38
Working a bit strange for me, wanted to watch the whole match again tonight and logged in to iFollow and it stated that it had detected an adblocker and that I needed to disable and try again, strange thing was I had already disabled it before  logging in,so I did the opposite and turned on adblock and no problem ,it let me watch the whole game. That's on chrome.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 10, 2019, 11:13pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from hheh2

Try using internet explorer or internet explorer edge they both work best with ifollow.

Cheers! Worked straight away on Edge.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 11, 2019, 2:22am; Reply: 40
Tried again and disabled adblocker on that page and it worked. :)
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 12, 2019, 12:11pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Grimal
Working a bit strange for me, wanted to watch the whole match again tonight and logged in to iFollow and it stated that it had detected an adblocker and that I needed to disable and try again, strange thing was I had already disabled it before  logging in,so I did the opposite and turned on adblock and no problem ,it let me watch the whole game. That's on chrome.

I watched the whole game last night via ifollow . was that the commentary from saturday?? He was awful!  didn't commentate at all and just talked about players, it was quite shocking I thought especially if that was for radio
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 10:17am