Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, February 9, 2019, 2:19pm
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/john-fenty-freeman-street-stadium-2519470
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 9, 2019, 2:35pm; Reply: 1
Certainly not one of his worst statements. He's not getting carried away but he's not quashing it either. Some very valid points made there in that it is all well and good drawing a nice picture of what a stadium could look like but where is £20m coming from?
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, February 9, 2019, 2:51pm; Reply: 2
Finally something positive, best endeavours now needed by all parties to get this off the ground.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 9, 2019, 3:11pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Certainly not one of his worst statements. He's not getting carried away but he's not quashing it either. Some very valid points made there in that it is all well and good drawing a nice picture of what a stadium could look like but where is £20m coming from?

Same goes for every other option that we have had...we dont have a pot to p1ss in so its definately not coming from the club.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 9, 2019, 5:22pm; Reply: 4
Seems like he's seen the light.

He's right here: "The real question is about viability and funding. We know from the past that just being positive doesn't make it happen."

As for all key stakeholders needing to be on the same page, well he can take the lead on the club's side. Do it John and let's see what happens.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 9, 2019, 5:27pm; Reply: 5
Where there’s a will there’s a way.

There has never been a stadium site with such universal appeal and an opportunity to regenerate an iconic area of the town. It might not be exactly what John Fenty’ wants but it’s what most people want. Let’s do all we can to make it happen.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 9, 2019, 5:40pm; Reply: 6
Went up to Asdas this afternoon and left via the Wellington Arms exit with the GTFC 1878 inscription above the back arch, turned left into Freemo and saw the Dock Tower straight ahead in all it's glory, with the sun shining on it. A stadium down Freemo has just got to happen. All the stars are aligning, so come GTFC board, let's get on this while the chance is there.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, February 9, 2019, 5:43pm; Reply: 7
This is the location, it must be made to happen. In the central area of the town, walking distance from the station. A stadium in the centre can create a great buzz on match days (providing there are no dkheads on the rampage) - make going to watch GTFC more than just the 90 mins. Create a fanzone. Have a band playing in the main bar afterwards, increase the matchday spend in the stadium and in the restaurants in the town.
Posted by: acko338, February 9, 2019, 10:04pm; Reply: 8
The funding may well come via bids and agreements organised by the Freeman group. If they can organise funds from national chains and commercial hotels as part of any scheme, it may be that the stadium costs are included into any building like the Hull City K Com stadium has commercial concerns built in.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 9, 2019, 10:09pm; Reply: 9
Can we have some names to this so called freeman group , cos whoever they are they’ve done a excrement job for 40 odd years when Freemo as basically been dead or is it a new thing
Posted by: TAGG, February 9, 2019, 10:30pm; Reply: 10
Negative again.
Where is the can do attitude that is needed for the new ground that is so badly needed.
The sooner someone with a clear vision comes in for Fenty the better.
Posted by: Kris2, February 9, 2019, 10:57pm; Reply: 11
Positivity and pipe dreams don't build a new stadium. Just because people think something is a good idea it doesn't make things happen. What's needed is a backer with the finances and know how to make it happen, not just to build a stadium but to deliver on regeneration and new businesses in the area. Fenty and the board don't have the money, the council certainly doesn't have the budget and I'm pretty sure the free men and women of Grimsby don't have the money and know how for the project either. It's good that people are campaigning to regenerate the area and knock down some of those eyesores that have been standing derelict for years but until major backers come in with the money and ideas then I don't see more than a few people making a nice video.

I think people are quick to jump on the back of something and support it just because it fits their own dreams and ideals. I'm not being negative just looking at things from a real perspective.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 10, 2019, 12:26am; Reply: 12
The sale of the land Blundell Park stands on must make some money albeit not the greatest area to live in, so the club may have some monies available to go towards a new stadium as Fenty illuded to.

Grants are available from various sources for regeneration of inner-city schemes and If a big hitter like Ibis hotels came on board this would be another major coup.

Who knows this could work
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, February 10, 2019, 5:30am; Reply: 13
Just asking, don’t know if anyone can answer, but is there sufficient room for car parking? Just asking.
Posted by: H19P1, February 10, 2019, 7:03am; Reply: 14
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Just asking, don’t know if anyone can answer, but is there sufficient room for car parking? Just asking.

Under the flyover there's a car park space for many
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 10, 2019, 7:06am; Reply: 15
Depends on how big they want one. There is plenty of land close by that could be used for match days via a shuttle park and ride say.  It needs a good planner to look at this, the opportunity to drag this town into the 21st century is there but they need more than just a vision to make it happen.
Posted by: golfer, February 10, 2019, 9:32am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Kris2
Positivity and pipe dreams don't build a new stadium. Just because people think something is a good idea it doesn't make things happen. What's needed is a backer with the finances and know how to make it happen, not just to build a stadium but to deliver on regeneration and new businesses in the area. Fenty and the board don't have the money, the council certainly doesn't have the budget and I'm pretty sure the free men and women of Grimsby don't have the money and know how for the project either. It's good that people are campaigning to regenerate the area and knock down some of those eyesores that have been standing derelict for years but until major backers come in with the money and ideas then I don't see more than a few people making a nice video.

I think people are quick to jump on the back of something and support it just because it fits their own dreams and ideals. I'm not being negative just looking at things from a real perspective.

Couldn't have said it better. There could be something taking place behind the scenes and not wanting publicity until something "concrete" materialises.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 10, 2019, 9:37am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Kris2

Yep - that bit has been proven by Peaks Parkway.

The Estadio del Freemo project is far more than a concrete monolith in a field though. The real perspective is that there's more to this than Grimsby Town and John Fenty - that's why it feels right and ticks more boxes for more people.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 10, 2019, 9:46am; Reply: 18
There is Government money to regenerate the East Marsh, we know that much, and nothing has been ruled in or out as yet. There is also a company who are looking to build some houses down Eleanor Street, that are keen to build around the tower block site also. Football stadia have been used as a catalyst in other towns to kick start the regeneration process, and if the council think it's a good way to move forward, i'm sure other big companies can be persuaded to join in.

It seems the old Grimsby mantra's of " i just can't see it happening" and "where is the money going to come from?" have already raised their heads. Christ, we are a negative lot round here. Where do you think the money came from for other stadiums in run down areas?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 10, 2019, 11:26am; Reply: 19
As someone who grew up in that very part of Town I'd love to see new life breathed into the area.

I know many of us have very fond memories of what Freemo and surrounding streets used to be like especially on a busy Saturday, It will never be like that again but could be something good if those who have the means came together to make it happen.  
Posted by: rancido, February 10, 2019, 12:07pm; Reply: 20

There is a car park down Orwell Street and also one behind Boyes. There is also one down Duncombe Street but I don't know if this will go in the regeneration plan.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 10, 2019, 12:33pm; Reply: 21
Irrespective of the stadium project isn't it time this town had a park and ride?

Even a site like the old Tioxide site would make an excellent park and ride just off the A180 now the Novartis site is soon to be vacant this could be linked up to the rail (already in place) and bus service it could be a winner.

Just an idea I realise the site will probably be used (as a car park Ironically) to store New cars off the dock but a park and ride could help alleviate the traffic problems that many have protested about as the reason why a football stadium would not work.

Busses could be run to freemo and top town.

Think Lincoln, Nottingham, Hull, York etc. it can and does work.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 10, 2019, 1:26pm; Reply: 22
Good idea for a park and ride,  York has 6 separate park and ride routes.  It has the same population - but more visitors.  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 10, 2019, 1:31pm; Reply: 23
Park and ride works for Leeds just saying.
Posted by: TAGG, February 10, 2019, 1:57pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Kris2

Of cause they don't.
What I'm saying is a bit of positivity and ambition wouldn't go amiss.
Fenty has never had ambition and is always putting a downer on everything.
He's in no hurry to do anything because he loves the status quo that suites his ego.
All this about him wanting what's best for GTFC is balderdash.
All he wants is to look after himself and his massive ego.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 10, 2019, 2:54pm; Reply: 25
On this one I actually think Fenty would be pleased to come on board IF the other big players would pledge their support with funding and /or helped secure investment.

It will need more than a few pictures to sway him towards this though.

He has suffered more setbacks than us trying to find a new site, as a fan I have little influence on proceedings.

I have not got the finance nor the social standing to make a difference.

Fenty has both but he still needs other big hitters
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 10, 2019, 3:05pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Good idea for a park and ride,  York has 6 separate park and ride routes.  It has the same population - but more visitors.  

I would assume their visitor numbers are quite a lot larger than Grimsby/Cleethorpes, apart from the summer holiday period (6 weeks) a park and ride would struggle to be used enough.
Posted by: friskneymariner, February 10, 2019, 4:27pm; Reply: 27
We could apply for E.U. regional grants,oh just a minute.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 10, 2019, 4:51pm; Reply: 28

Apparently there is ample parking to the rear of Nicoles.
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 10, 2019, 5:01pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Apparently there is ample parking to the rear of Nicoles.

Oy. You’d better not nick my space !!
Posted by: rancido, February 10, 2019, 5:09pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

York is predominantly a tourist based city with various attractions open all year round ( National Railway Museum, Yorvik Centre and two or three museums ). It attracts thousands of visitors from all over the world , especially the USA, China and Japan. There is no way you could describe Grimsby as a tourist attraction and certainly the limited town shopping centre hardly attracts hordes of out of town shoppers. IMO  this whole approach to a park-and-ride has been " overbigged". I know it was mentioned when the Great Coates site was proposed but that would have been a completely different situation because the site itself would have been an attraction with several retail outlets.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 10, 2019, 5:54pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from friskneymariner

The Red Cross Brigade are annoyed. People don’t like to be reminded of exes they’ve dumped.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 10, 2019, 6:49pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Irrespective of the stadium project isn't it time this town had a park and ride?

Even a site like the old Tioxide site would make an excellent park and ride just off the A180 now the Novartis site is soon to be vacant this could be linked up to the rail (already in place) and bus service it could be a winner.

Just an idea I realise the site will probably be used (as a car park Ironically) to store New cars off the dock but a park and ride could help alleviate the traffic problems that many have protested about as the reason why a football stadium would not work.

Busses could be run to freemo and top town.

Think Lincoln, Nottingham, Hull, York etc. it can and does work.

I'm not sure you can include Grimsby with the likes of Nottingham, Hull, York and Leeds. Do that many visitors come down the A180 to shop in Grimsby and there is no way we should be advising anyone to go anywhere near Freeman Street currently, the last time I went down there it was full of drunks and druggies.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 10, 2019, 7:02pm; Reply: 33
Just do a Park and ride on match days depending on who we host and how many tickets they sell?

Visitors by rail? Could they not just get off at New Clee if it’s still there? 20 min walk to Freemo max!
Posted by: Grim74, February 10, 2019, 7:07pm; Reply: 34

With a bit of luck after the 29th of March we could cut out the dodgy middle man and apply to source.
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 10, 2019, 7:16pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Grim74

With a bit of luck after the 29th of March we could cut out the dodgy middle man and apply to source.

Ah, you mean spend our country's money on our country, what a stupid idea, will never catch on.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 10, 2019, 7:18pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Grim74

Best chance for that is if it looks like Corbyn is going to get into power and put pressure on Maggie May to spend money in areas like Grimsby.
Posted by: friskneymariner, February 10, 2019, 7:31pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Grim74

Or perhaps have a 2nd referendum with Michael Jolley leading the remain campaign,if only to watch Ipswin implode.
Posted by: Barrattstander, February 10, 2019, 7:38pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Visitors by rail? Could they not just get off at New Clee if it’s still there? 20 min walk to Freemo max!

Or even Grimsby Docks station ! 200 yards from Freeman Street straight down Kent Street.
Posted by: Ipswin, February 10, 2019, 7:45pm; Reply: 39

Or perhaps have a 2nd referendum with Michael Jolley leading the remain campaign,if only to watch Ipswin implode.

For the opportunity of a second referendum and a chance to reverse the first one I'd take Jolley, Slade or even Hitler to lead the campaign so long as remain won the fornicator in fact I'd vote Jolley manager of the century
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 10, 2019, 8:06pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Ipswin

For the opportunity of a second referendum and a chance to reverse the first one I'd take Jolley, Slade or even Hitler to lead the campaign so long as remain won the fornicator in fact I'd vote Jolley manager of the century

If he achieved that he should be declared statesman of the century.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, February 10, 2019, 9:16pm; Reply: 41
On the subject of brexit, what will be Ring and Ohman's situation? Will they have to apply for settled status?
Posted by: Croxton, February 10, 2019, 9:43pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from AdamHaddock
On the subject of brexit, what will be Ring and Ohman's situation? Will they have to apply for settled status?

Dunno it's all Irish to me.  ;)
Posted by: Brazilnut, February 10, 2019, 10:25pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'm not sure you can include Grimsby with the likes of Nottingham, Hull, York and Leeds. Do that many visitors come down the A180 to shop in Grimsby and there is no way we should be advising anyone to go anywhere near Freeman Street currently, the last time I went down there it was full of drunks and druggies.

Thought the druggies of freemo could be our sponsor of our new ground .......the m Kat stadium with the crack stand and the spliff bar
Posted by: Brazilnut, February 10, 2019, 10:24pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from arryarryarry

Thought the druggies of freemo could be our sponsor of our new ground .......the m Kat stadium with the crack stand and the spliff bar
Posted by: MarinersOnTheUp, February 10, 2019, 11:13pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Ipswin

Hitler? Oh dear, you're a strange person.

In regards to what the thread is actually about before it was taken off topic, we just need to move forward and get a stadium built. I think the freeman deserve most if not all of the credit for this latest bit of excitement that's been created, they're the ones who've put most of the work into these freeman street plans so far. It's only after the freeman have done a bit of work to hopefully get the ball rolling that the council and the club have started to listen.
Posted by: monkeyboy, February 11, 2019, 7:14am; Reply: 46
What i do find interesting is mr Fenty has just bought a lovely big building for his new venture in the energy world and also a nice shiney new Gym for his son in law Jack Grant bang next to where new stadium would be.
What i would say is though at this present time i would imagine that this sort of building in that area would be cheap as chips, would be amazed after all the regeneration if the value didnt soar a little.

Forward thing from our Conservative non Chairman? or a little inside info lol
Posted by: rancido, February 11, 2019, 7:42am; Reply: 47
Quoted from Barrattstander

Or even Grimsby Docks station ! 200 yards from Freeman Street straight down Kent Street.

Docks Station and Clee Station are request only stops for the Barton train. There is no way Network Rail would upgrade these stations to accommodate trains that might be used on 23 occasions a year. There is even less chance that Transpennine Express or East Midlands trains would change their timetables for the same reason. When the Great Coates site was in the offing Network Rail wanted the club to stump upto £1 million pounds to upgrade Great Coates station and crossing , a fact that very few on here seem to realise.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, February 11, 2019, 10:09am; Reply: 48
New Clee is a request stop. Docks isn't
Posted by: rancido, February 11, 2019, 11:14am; Reply: 49
Quoted from AdamHaddock
New Clee is a request stop. Docks isn't

But not a scheduled stop for Transpennine Express or East Midland trains.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 12, 2019, 4:36am; Reply: 50
Not been down the area around Freemo for years, but wondered what I happening with the likes of the telegraph building ?

It's an amazing thought that this is in the realms of being considered after the council/club favoured another site, when many on here backed original plans for freeman st to be considered.

And not a single word from cllr de fruityarse
Posted by: barralad, February 12, 2019, 8:16am; Reply: 51
Andrew De Freitas is very ill and has effectively retired from local politics.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 12, 2019, 11:27am; Reply: 52
Quoted from rancido

But not a scheduled stop for Transpennine Express or East Midland trains.

As Adam mentioned Grimsby Docks is a scheduled stop on the Barton train only.

As regards TPE they don't stop at many stations. I catch a train to London from Howden (when it runs) but TPE don't stop there.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, February 12, 2019, 11:39am; Reply: 53

Worry not, on March 29th we'll stop paying them billions for them to give us millions back.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, February 12, 2019, 2:22pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Worry not, on March 29th we'll stop paying them billions for them to give us millions back.

Worry bigtime - the tories will renege on the post-Brexit pork barrel for the north. We are sleep-walking into John Redwood's wet-dream  -low-tax sweatshop economy, thanks to the (non-existent) opposition.

Posted by: ska face, February 12, 2019, 3:17pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Worry bigtime - the tories will renege on the post-Brexit pork barrel for the north. We are sleep-walking into John Redwood's wet-dream  -low-tax sweatshop economy, thanks to the (non-existent) opposition.

The opposition have tabled motions to extend A50, keep the option of a second referendum and have even proposed a deal that is supported by the EU. All of these have been voted down or knocked back by the Tories who care about nothing but keeping their party together and keeping their jobs.

How much time and effort has been wasted by people punching left rather than challenging the actual government? 2 & half years by my count.
Posted by: Rik e B, February 12, 2019, 3:25pm; Reply: 56
Not to derail, but of course the EU support the proposed deal of staying in the Customs Union. Still pay the toll, still succumb to their whim.

But let's just agree to disagree here and get back to Freemo.
Posted by: ska face, February 12, 2019, 3:30pm; Reply: 57
Yep. Up the Freemo.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 12, 2019, 4:30pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from arryarryarry

As regards TPE they don't stop at many stations. I catch a train to London from Howden (when it runs) but TPE don't stop there.

I remember the day back in late 80's or early 90's the Zulu's got the train to stop at many points between New Clee and Grimsby Town...whether there was a platform or not  ;D
Railway St - Freeman St was very lively post match that day.
Posted by: gaz57, February 12, 2019, 4:36pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Good idea for a park and ride,    

I thought that was Weelsby woods after dark.
Posted by: friskneymariner, February 12, 2019, 4:49pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from fishboyUTM

If you think any of that will make it's way up North,you are deluded.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, February 12, 2019, 5:45pm; Reply: 61

If you think any of that will make it's way up North,you are deluded.

You're right. The streets of Latvia, Romania and the like are now paved with gold. Used to be such fleapits before they joined the EU. We've paid for it while our public hedges now contrain wilderbeast, our bins are emptied once a year and our roads are crumbling.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 12, 2019, 6:49pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from fishboyUTM

You're right. The streets of Latvia, Romania and the like are now paved with gold. Used to be such fleapits before they joined the EU. We've paid for it while our public hedges now contrain wilderbeast, our bins are emptied once a year and our roads are crumbling.

Wake up. How is it that countries like Germany, NL and the Nordics manage to be net contributors to the EU yet manage to maintain public services at a high standard, people are not living off food bank handouts and yet they still cope with new immigration? It's got F.ALL to do with the EU and everything to do with the kind of governments we keep electing.
Posted by: hheh2, February 12, 2019, 7:53pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Wake up. How is it that countries like Germany, NL and the Nordics manage to be net contributors to the EU yet manage to maintain public services at a high standard, people are not living off food bank handouts and yet they still cope with new immigration? It's got F.ALL to do with the EU and everything to do with the kind of governments we keep electing.

That's because the EU is a germanic superstate. You're right on the government thing though.
Posted by: Maringer, February 12, 2019, 8:17pm; Reply: 64
That'll be a surprise to the French, Spanish, Italians, Poles etc etc etc.

The Euro is a shiteshow run for the benefit of Germany, France and Benelux (to the detriment of the PIIGS countries) but the EU is not the Eurozone.

We're leaving the world's largest, wealthiest and most successful trading bloc and it will cost us dearly in financial terms.

It's the young I feel sorry for. Not allowed to vote in the referendum but their rights (and many benefits) as EU citizens ripped away from them.
Posted by: rancido, February 12, 2019, 8:22pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Maringer
That'll be a surprise to the French, Spanish, Italians, Poles etc etc etc.

The Euro is a shiteshow run for the benefit of Germany, France and Benelux (to the detriment of the PIIGS countries) but the EU is not the Eurozone.

We're leaving the world's largest, wealthiest and most successful trading bloc and it will cost us dearly in financial terms.

It's the young I feel sorry for. Not allowed to vote in the referendum but their rights (and many benefits) as EU citizens ripped away from them.

Yes but the EU want all member states to adopt the Euro and I'm sure that will eventually happen.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 12, 2019, 8:24pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from hheh2

That's because the EU is a germanic superstate. You're right on the government thing though.

That's because those countries have policies and practices which promote the well-being of their populations. They try to make sure as many people as possible benefit from the wealth created, without becoming Marxist economies. It's got absolutely FA to do with the EU.

We could talk about why the Danes managed to pay their fishermen compensation when their fleet had to be downsized, and why it took 30 years to do anything for ours (by when half the people had passed on and many of the others were suffering from years of hardship and ill health). How you have to be resident in Denmark to own a property - rich foreigners cannot buy to let or buy to leave as happens here. Or talk about how the German state owns its railways and post and they can then run services in the UK (yet according to some, the EU will not allow our government to). How they all manage to keep their streets clean despite having gone through the financial crash, and having to prop up the weaker Eurozone countries.

But go on blaming other countries for our woes and we'll just carry on in the same old ways.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 12, 2019, 8:29pm; Reply: 67
However badly run anyone might think the EU is, then we are far worse. Mrs Mayhem has had 30 months to sort this and has failed this country miserably. Brexit robs today’s young people of many of the freedom we have taken for granted.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 12, 2019, 8:41pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from MuddyWaters
However badly run anyone might think the EU is, then we are far worse. Mrs Mayhem has had 30 months to sort this and has failed this country miserably. Brexit robs today’s young people of many of the freedom we have taken for granted.

And it's all such a big effing waste of time by politicians, civil servants and businesses when there are so many problems left unattended. All for uncertain outcomes based on vague statements about how we can be great again and constantly redrawn lines when each one is knocked down.*

* 'we can do a Norway'. But they're still in the Single Market and make budget contributions. 'Oh we can sing free trade agreement'. Only if we give the EU commitments on no subsidies and adherence to EU standards. 'Oh we can use WTO terms'.  Well yes but we have no protection against protectionist regulations and bureaucracy and everything will cost more unless we decide unilaterally not to impose tariffs and expose our own industry to unfair competition. And it doesn't cover services, which we are good at exporting. 'Never mind. We've already got plenty of experience running food banks.'
Posted by: PB, February 12, 2019, 8:50pm; Reply: 69

NON FOOTBALL?
🙄
Posted by: Rik e B, February 12, 2019, 9:00pm; Reply: 70
Let's get back to Freemo please.

Both sides are trenched in; Brexiteers won't be swayed and neither will Remainers. I'm pro-Brexit but don't expect a Remainer to be swayed over any points I make.

There's a big thread in non-football for all this.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, February 12, 2019, 9:02pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from ska face

The opposition have tabled motions to extend A50, keep the option of a second referendum and have even proposed a deal that is supported by the EU. All of these have been voted down or knocked back by the Tories who care about nothing but keeping their party together and keeping their jobs.

How much time and effort has been wasted by people punching left rather than challenging the actual government? 2 & half years by my count.

I agree but I don't blame the Tories - it is like blaming a fox for eating the pet bunny rabbit...

Enough Tories defected to get Yvette Cooper's amendments through - but over 20 labour MPs backed the government or abstained. The so-called "leader" of opposition gave half-baked support for it late in the day - no 3 line whip and no disciplinary action against the MPs.

Posted by: Rik e B, February 12, 2019, 9:47pm; Reply: 72
This way politics posse

[url]https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1541671032/s-160/[/url]
Posted by: Ipswin, February 13, 2019, 12:52pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from arryarryarry

40 years since I caught a train in Grimsby or Cleethorpes but can someone enlighten me what bis the point of the Barton train stopping at Docks or rather why doesn't anything else. Is there a huge passenger base travelling from Gy Docks to Barton for some reason?

Posted by: GrimRob, February 13, 2019, 1:22pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Ipswin

40 years since I caught a train in Grimsby or Cleethorpes but can someone enlighten me what bis the point of the Barton train stopping at Docks or rather why doesn't anything else. Is there a huge passenger base travelling from Gy Docks to Barton for some reason?

I think you'll find its mainly used for freight.  To keep it open as a passenger station something needs to stop there and as the Barton one is a sopping service it's the obvious one. According to Wikipedia one early morning train from Scunthorpe to Cleethorpes also calls there.
Posted by: Trawler, February 13, 2019, 1:44pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from Ipswin

Yep massive......They are all en route to Docks Beers.

It's just over the footbridge from the station.

Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 1:40am