Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 4, 2019, 1:05pm
Apart from Wes missing one for us   :B

Glasgow Rangers were awarded  four scoring three of them ,

Akinde pen  missed his  8)

Pell for Colchester missed his. 8)

I can not ever remember any team being awarded four in one game can you ?

EDIT    Burnley were awarded a pen for the first time in 68 games,
            They scored  8)
Posted by: RichMariner, February 4, 2019, 1:44pm; Reply: 1
We've received a lot of red cards in the last season-and-a-half (16 and counting, if my maths is correct) but it feels like we've also received a lot of penalties in that time too.

All of Sam Jones and Mitch Rose's penalties added up, plus those we've missed... think it's a fair few!

Seems mad that one team can go 68 games without getting one.
Posted by: mimma, February 4, 2019, 1:46pm; Reply: 2
Not sure of the exact details but a Town keeper saved three in one match. Cannot remember any of the details but someone out there will know.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 4, 2019, 1:57pm; Reply: 3
Also at Notts county they took the lead with a penno and it was Jon Stead who took it and scored , , , , I wonder what Mitch said to them on his arrival , , , ,

"Hi I'm Mitch and I take a decent penalty and I've got a long throw"
Posted by: barralad, February 4, 2019, 3:04pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from mimma
Not sure of the exact details but a Town keeper saved three in one match. Cannot remember any of the details but someone out there will know.

In the 80s Man Utd's keeper Gary Bailey(?) saved three penalties v Ipswich I believe..
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, February 4, 2019, 4:09pm; Reply: 5
Town did face 4 pens in one game apparently.
The Ipswich one was Paul Cooper i think iirc
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), February 4, 2019, 4:15pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete
Apart from Wes missing one for us   :B

Glasgow Rangers were awarded  four scoring three of them ,

Akinde pen  missed his  8)

Pell for Colchester missed his. 8)

I can not ever remember any team being awarded four in one game can you ?

EDIT    Burnley were awarded a pen for the first time in 68 games,
            They scored  8)

In the Rangers game, was the ref wearing orange?
Posted by: thevera, February 4, 2019, 4:31pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from mimma

Again not sure of the details but I seem to think a Town player (from the olden days!)  once scored a hat-trick of penalties.
Think he is name was Stan, used to play golf at Cleethorpes.
Needs an old guy to remember the details.
Barra?!
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 4, 2019, 5:10pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from 123614

In the Rangers game, was the ref wearing orange?

His name is Dallas he has got a bit of a reputation up there.

Some of those pens were 50/50 so could be a Rangers fan .  ( allegedly )
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 4, 2019, 6:35pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from grimsby pete

His name is Dallas he has got a bit of a reputation up there.

Some of those pens were 50/50 so could be a Rangers fan .  ( allegedly )

Dallas. He must be a Texas Ranger.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 4, 2019, 6:36pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from RichMariner
We've received a lot of red cards in the last season-and-a-half (16 and counting, if my maths is correct) but it feels like we've also received a lot of penalties in that time too.

All of Sam Jones and Mitch Rose's penalties added up, plus those we've missed... think it's a fair few!

Seems mad that one team can go 68 games without getting one.

Probably to do with them being a small club in the Premier League.
Posted by: chaos33, February 4, 2019, 7:18pm; Reply: 11
Paul Crichton (ex town) saved 3 pens in 1 game against Rochdale whilst playing for Doncaster.
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 4, 2019, 7:30pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from barralad

In the 80s Man Utd's keeper Gary Bailey(?) saved three penalties v Ipswich I believe..

Tony (Bonzo) Holmes once saved 7 penalties at Sidney Park in a 23 a side game between Carr Lane lot v Park Street.  His epic feat was in vain though as Carr Lane went on to win 73 -69 (although this was disputed).  There were no sendings off as such, although several players from both sides were forced to withdraw due to  ‘ time for tea ‘.  One brave lad whose name escapes me refused to withdraw. His resistance ended when the lady concerned shouted  ‘ don’t make me send your dad out’
Sean Enright also received a 7 day ban due to ‘getting his new jeans lathered in mud’

Jumpers for goalposts. Indeed.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 4, 2019, 10:01pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Civvy at last

Tony (Bonzo) Holmes once saved 7 penalties at Sidney Park in a 23 a side game between Carr Lane lot v Park Street.  His epic feat was in vain though as Carr Lane went on to win 73 -69 (although this was disputed).  There were no sendings off as such, although several players from both sides were forced to withdraw due to  ‘ time for tea ‘.  One brave lad whose name escapes me refused to withdraw. His resistance ended when the lady concerned shouted  ‘ don’t make me send your dad out’
Sean Enright also received a 7 day ban due to ‘getting his new jeans lathered in mud’

Jumpers for goalposts. Indeed.

Something tells me she was stood in a flowery pinny, maybe with rollers and a headscarf or hair in a beehive, with her arms crossed. Probably quite slim. or am I picturing 'Kes'?
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 4:02am