Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, January 31, 2019, 11:21pm
Happy with M.Js transfer Buisness?
Posted by: Rik e B, February 1, 2019, 1:12am; Reply: 1
As for the poll, I can see Ludvig becoming a cult hero. Not that the others will do bad.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 1, 2019, 1:52am; Reply: 2
Not being able to see into the future I don't know.
Posted by: wiggers, February 1, 2019, 7:55am; Reply: 3
Really happy, looks like we have strengthened at both ends of the pitch. An attacking midfielder would have been the icing on the cake but think we will be ok for a mid table finish.
Posted by: Nutsy, February 1, 2019, 10:19am; Reply: 4
I think all the signings are brilliant for us to push and challenge the last matches we've got. I'd like to see us  chop and change and try different things with the players so we are ready to hit the new season head on.
Posted by: chrissy, February 1, 2019, 10:43am; Reply: 5
They will all do well imo.
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 1, 2019, 3:19pm; Reply: 6
They are all an improvement on what we would have brought in a year ago. I feel Jolley is accepting mid table for this season now but, is already starting to think about the squad for next season.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 1, 2019, 10:10pm; Reply: 7

Personally I would go for Ludvig......hope he does well in the Poll   8)  
Posted by: perthgeoff, February 2, 2019, 6:13am; Reply: 8
I think that Ludvig is the real thing and will become a firm favourite with the fans. perthgeoff
Posted by: Mallyner, February 2, 2019, 6:21am; Reply: 9
Quoted from perthgeoff
I think that Ludvig is the real thing and will become a firm favourite with the fans. perthgeoff

Most seem to have gone for Ludvig, but only time will tell, good luck to them all.

Welcome Geoff, are you Scotland or Aus?

If you are Aus, are you near my boy in Kelmscott?

Posted by: realist, February 2, 2019, 6:23am; Reply: 10
I'm not impressed. I think this window was led more by financial constraints than football fortune
Posted by: H19P1, February 2, 2019, 6:32am; Reply: 11
Quoted from realist
I'm not impressed. I think this window was led more by financial constraints than football fortune

Alright dark cloud 😂
Posted by: H19P1, February 2, 2019, 6:41am; Reply: 12
Mariners trust #OperationPromotion for next season?

MJ says the board have supported him so maybe just maybe we could chip in and help towards the so-called financial constraints. Many would help once again i’m sure if it means getting us over that transfer incoming line over the summer.

I’m fully comfortable that MJ is doing brilliantly so far and will build stronger in the summer but maybe a cash injection from us would go even further.

We’ve done it before under the old leadership, why not try again driven by the trust to organise for MJ to use?
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, February 2, 2019, 6:53am; Reply: 13
Quoted from realist

The ‘realist’ expected us to suddenly spend millions on the finest players that for some reason clubs would let go in january, to chance a playoff push that looks fairly out of reach?

We made a great loanee permanent whos come down from league 1, weve clearly backed jolley in bringing in players from swedens top division, and we managed to get a player on loan who was bookies favourite for league 2 top scorer

cheer up ffs
Posted by: oochiad, February 2, 2019, 7:30am; Reply: 14
I would certainly chip in with no probs.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, February 2, 2019, 7:52am; Reply: 15
I think some people forget that not that many clubs actually do buy their way out of this division, and a big aim at this level is to pick up previously unwanted players and get the best out of them.

What this means is youre often not going to be blown away by what a player has done in his career previously. The main thing is having a good coaching set up and being blown away by what they acheive here
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 2, 2019, 7:58am; Reply: 16
I was most impressed by the signing of Hendrie. He's versatile across the back four and is very dependable.

Of the new bodies through the door in January, Öhman looks like the real deal.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), February 2, 2019, 8:09am; Reply: 17
Öhman, Hendrie and Hessenthaler are my three standout Jolley signings. Add to that his players on long contracts and loan signings makes me look forward.
Posted by: realist, February 2, 2019, 9:05am; Reply: 18

The ‘realist’ expected us to suddenly spend millions on the finest players that for some reason clubs would let go in january, to chance a playoff push that looks fairly out of reach?

We made a great loanee permanent whos come down from league 1, weve clearly backed jolley in bringing in players from swedens top division, and we managed to get a player on loan who was bookies favourite for league 2 top scorer

cheer up ffs

I hope I am wrong but not feeling it at the moment.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, February 2, 2019, 9:41am; Reply: 19
Quoted from realist

I hope I am wrong but not feeling it at the moment.

Hopefully a good result today might bring back that feeling  :)
Posted by: Meza, February 2, 2019, 10:59am; Reply: 20
lol something is wrong with the votes as it shows as Grayson having 1 vote yet is in front hahaha
Posted by: fishboyUTM, February 2, 2019, 11:03am; Reply: 21
Anyone else think Ludvig is clearly playing in the wrong division? Not that I'm complaining.
Posted by: Meza, February 2, 2019, 1:12pm; Reply: 22
if you look at Lincolns team the majority of their 11 are or have played higher than lg 2 maybe even lg 1.  So to have Ludvig who has hit the ground running is fantastic, but I don't want to get carried away.  if he continues the way he has started I can see him playing higher.  you never know he might have been told to use GY as a stepping stone to further his career in England.
Posted by: perthgeoff, February 2, 2019, 3:20pm; Reply: 23
Hi MALLYNER. Perth,OZ .Been here since 1961 but still manage to get to the odd game most seasons.Been following the Mariners since 1941. perthgeoff
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 9:02am