Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Dopleganger, January 29, 2019, 7:06pm
Was chatting to a bloke at work today who's brother works for GTFC. Rumour is Sunderland are in for a £1million bid for Macca with a loan back clause till the end of the season.

It's only a rumour before you all start ripping my throat out.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 29, 2019, 7:12pm; Reply: 1
Why on earth would a club in league one pay 1 MILLION for a Goalkeeper who is 29?28? And loan him straight back out. Maccas going nowhere
Posted by: Abdul19, January 29, 2019, 7:18pm; Reply: 2
Heard this rumour too. Admittedly I read it on here a few weeks back, but I did hear it.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, January 29, 2019, 7:20pm; Reply: 3
He's 30 in July. Sunderland certainly wouldn't entertain a deal like that. He's a good league 2 goalkeeper, a decent league 1 goalkeeper. Has issues with his distribution, command of his box and makes eccentric decisions at times - albeit he's improved with age in that respect. Despite his shortcomings, he is an excellent shot stopper and has many good attributes, he really has improved over the years.

He isn't going anywhere for seven figures. If an offer came in approaching half of that, you'd have to snap their hand off.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, January 29, 2019, 7:28pm; Reply: 4
Is the 'bloke at work' the new 'bloke down the pub' and should we just file them under the same genre as 'teenager on twitter' and 'someone who knows an employee at the club'.?
Posted by: RichMariner, January 29, 2019, 8:00pm; Reply: 5
Easiest thing in the world to share a rumour that you could’ve made up in your own head.

And then absolve yourself of any blame when it fails to materialise by saying ‘it’s just a rumour, don’t shoot the messenger’.

If you’re going to share rumours, at least share ones that are either credible or believable.

Anyone with any genuine insight or knowledge don’t end their pieces of info with ‘just something I heard’ because they know it’s got legs.
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, January 29, 2019, 8:05pm; Reply: 6
I thought they weren't allowed to sign anyone up?
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 9:37am