Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 27, 2019, 6:29pm

Anyone going ?

"The Mariners Trust will be holding a Q & A with Michael Jolley and Anthony Limbrick on Thursday night."

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/qa-with-michael-jolley-and-anthony-limbrick/

Posted by: forza ivano, January 27, 2019, 7:46pm; Reply: 1
Can someone ask him how the standard of football compares with the swedish  top league and if he thinks we could be seeing more Scandinavian players coming over?and most importantly for fenty are they good value for money?
And thirdly is he still using the psychologist and how much does he think psychology and mental training could be used to improve the players?
Posted by: fishboyUTM, January 27, 2019, 9:33pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from forza ivano
Can someone ask him how the standard of football compares with the swedish  top league and if he thinks we could be seeing more Scandinavian players coming over?and most importantly for fenty are they good value for money?
And thirdly is he still using the psychologist and how much does he think psychology and mental training could be used to improve the players?

Can't you go mate? Thursday's always impossible for me.
Posted by: H19P1, January 27, 2019, 9:41pm; Reply: 3
Might be a live link for people who cannot go?

Maybe announced closer to Thursday so they as many tickets as possible.
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, January 28, 2019, 11:31am; Reply: 4
Night of the transfer windowing closing too, hope his signed a striker by then lol
Posted by: chrissy, January 28, 2019, 12:54pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89
Night of the transfer windowing closing too, hope his sognrdbs striker by then lol

Must be confident all his signings are done by then.
Posted by: Maringer, January 28, 2019, 2:37pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89
Night of the transfer windowing closing too, hope his sognrdbs striker by then lol

Is that the name of another Scandinavian club?
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, January 28, 2019, 4:20pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Maringer

Is that the name of another Scandinavian club?

Haha my bad changed it now, was typing quickly on my break lol
Posted by: RichMariner, January 28, 2019, 4:26pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from forza ivano

Interesting question - but what I'd like to know is, if every club has a psychologist then where's the advantage?  :P
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 29, 2019, 1:54am; Reply: 9
Quoted from RichMariner

Interesting question - but what I'd like to know is, if every club has a psychologist then where's the advantage?  :P

That's a bit like saying, if everyone trains then where's the advantage.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), January 29, 2019, 2:20am; Reply: 10
Which are your favourite chippies?
Posted by: Brazilnut, January 29, 2019, 2:39am; Reply: 11
With you two being here tonight off all nights ..... who is in control of our incoming and out goings ?
Posted by: GrimRob, January 29, 2019, 4:35pm; Reply: 12
If you could watch the game from any position in the ground where would you pick?
Posted by: Gilbertswand, January 29, 2019, 4:44pm; Reply: 13
Id be interested to know if  MJ will place more emphasis on a stronger pre-season, with more competitive matches for next year, considering our poor start to this season.
Posted by: MarshMariner, January 29, 2019, 4:48pm; Reply: 14
I would like to know what his thoughts are around the 3-5-2 formation, and the reason why we abandoned it after only 1 game.

If he could change pre-season based on his experience of the last, what would it be?
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 30, 2019, 4:22pm; Reply: 15
Michael how many suits do you own?
Posted by: Garth, January 31, 2019, 6:43pm; Reply: 16
Is this still on? the weather could effect the attendance
Posted by: LH, January 31, 2019, 6:54pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Garth
Is this still on? the weather could effect the attendance

Trust doing a sofa inspection at 1915 but are optimistic it will go ahead after covering it with a blanket all day.
Posted by: Badger57, January 31, 2019, 6:58pm; Reply: 18
Can someone ask, "How come we immediately got fitter as soon as the fitness coach left?" 😁
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 31, 2019, 7:46pm; Reply: 19
[tweet]1091055988747259904[/tweet]
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 31, 2019, 8:03pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Badger57
Can someone ask, "How come we immediately got fitter as soon as the fitness coach left?" 😁

Very funny, but it was Adam Forrest (Assistant Coach) who left. Greg Howard (Sports Scientist) is still at the club.
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, January 31, 2019, 8:04pm; Reply: 21
Has he said if anymore signings? :D
Posted by: StickfordMariner, January 31, 2019, 8:12pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Very funny, but it was Adam Forrest (Assistant Coach) who left. Greg Howard (Sports Scientist) is still at the club.

When did Adam Forrest leave 🤔🤔
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, January 31, 2019, 8:19pm; Reply: 23
What has he got against non-blue jumpers?
Posted by: davmariner, January 31, 2019, 10:01pm; Reply: 24
Anyone actually go to this?
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, January 31, 2019, 10:05pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from davmariner
Anyone actually go to this?

118 turned up for this 👌
Posted by: Meza, January 31, 2019, 10:05pm; Reply: 26
Quite surprised about no updates on here or twitter
Posted by: davmariner, January 31, 2019, 10:29pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Meza

Yes my thoughts exactly.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, January 31, 2019, 10:34pm; Reply: 28
Perhaps they all signed the official secrets act
Posted by: geir, January 31, 2019, 10:35pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Meza

Jolley must have used his magical powers and cast a spell on everyone that was there to not tell a soul of anything that was said.
That, or it must have been the most uneventful gathering in Grimsby`s history.

Almost scary this....  ??)
Posted by: Sigone, January 31, 2019, 11:27pm; Reply: 30
Video on utube tomorrow
Posted by: BenBB, February 1, 2019, 7:02pm; Reply: 31
Video on YouTube now!

https://youtu.be/HoI9CT1j340
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, February 1, 2019, 7:11pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from BenBB
Video on YouTube now!

https://youtu.be/HoI9CT1j340

Very good q&a. Well thought out. Informative. A good turn out for it too.
Posted by: davmariner, February 1, 2019, 7:24pm; Reply: 33
Bit dull I thought. For some reason they kept being asked about red cards and VAR which was a bit pointless and not particularly insightful.

Would have liked to have heard more about their thoughts on the evolution of the team. Interesting that Jolley (to paraphrase) suggested he doesn’t necessarily think striker is Jordan Cook’s best position, which contradicts what he said in the summer when he arrived. No one seemed to pick up on that.

The bloke asking questions loves the sound of his own voice. Kept going on and on and on about his thoughts on niche things that weren’t particularly interesting.
Posted by: kamakazebear, February 1, 2019, 7:28pm; Reply: 34
What's the song about Ludvig? Haven't heard it yet
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, February 1, 2019, 7:43pm; Reply: 35
Five minutes in. Great effort from Jolley and the lads to give up their time to listen to that bloke delivering his monologue on Premier League referees.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 1, 2019, 7:47pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from davmariner
Bit dull I thought. For some reason they kept being asked about red cards and VAR which was a bit pointless and not particularly insightful.

Would have liked to have heard more about their thoughts on the evolution of the team. Interesting that Jolley (to paraphrase) suggested he doesn’t necessarily think striker is Jordan Cook’s best position, which contradicts what he said in the summer when he arrived. No one seemed to pick up on that.

The bloke asking questions loves the sound of his own voice. Kept going on and on and on about his thoughts on niche things that weren’t particularly interesting.

Thought what he said was that Cook was playing up front on his own as spearhead of the attack which is not a role best suited to him. Also appeared that questions were all directed via the Trust rep so it was not possible for those in the audience to ask follow up questions.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 1, 2019, 8:05pm; Reply: 37
Just watched it and clearly the management team get it and have a plan.

We might not get promoted soon but I feel the future is relatively bright !
Posted by: 140348 (Guest), February 1, 2019, 8:39pm; Reply: 38
They didn't need to do it but it's good PR. Give them some credit.
:-/
Posted by: geir, February 1, 2019, 8:45pm; Reply: 39

Not a lot of controversy in that Q&A, which must be a good thing as it means people are fairly happy with the situation right now.
The most interesting part of that conversation was the player that we almost signed and the fact that Jolley really drinks a lot of water. There`s a man that knows how to keep himself hydrated!
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 1, 2019, 8:51pm; Reply: 40
I thought it was interesting and appreciate all who made it happen.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 1, 2019, 9:05pm; Reply: 41

Enjoyed that.....anyone heard/know the story about the speakers? (right at the end)   :) :) :)
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 1, 2019, 9:14pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from ginnywings
Thought it was regurgitated pap. Same old questions, to which the replies were always going to be the same. The guy chairing it is no David Dimbleby. Pretty pointless really.

You're starting to sound like a miserable old fart Ginny......I know because I'm becoming one of them myself   :)

Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 1, 2019, 10:02pm; Reply: 43
I “listened” to this from start to finish rather than just pulling the bits out of it that I wanted to hear. How anyone can describe it as “papp” underlines everything that is wrong with the “once geat club” mentality that keeps this board alive and creates the vitriol that at times has held us back.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 1, 2019, 10:20pm; Reply: 44
Pretty good stuff as far as I was concerned. Showed the dynamic between MJ and AL, stuff about after match commitments and decisions on overnight stays were quite insightful and the Swedish lads were quite amusing. Together with Harry Davis visiting the Sleepover charity event tonight, it’s much better than we have been used to in recent seasons.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, February 1, 2019, 10:37pm; Reply: 45
I’ve just watched the whole thing and it was great to hear the positivity, work ethic, thought and good planning that MJ and AL are clearly bringing to the club. Regardless of the position we end up in this season, I feel very confident that we are in good hands.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 1, 2019, 10:41pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I “listened” to this from start to finish rather than just pulling the bits out of it that I wanted to hear. How anyone can describe it as “papp” underlines everything that is wrong with the “once geat club” mentality that keeps this board alive and creates the vitriol that at times has held us back.

'Kin 'ell, really?
Posted by: Rik e B, February 1, 2019, 11:18pm; Reply: 47
A bit harsh Herts and at the very least a sweeping generalisation. It's solely down to 'vitriol' we been held back for the past two decades?!

Best shut down The Fishy and watch us catapult into Championship then.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 2, 2019, 12:31am; Reply: 48
I was impressed by that. Yeah the MC went on a bit, but he's a volunteer. The time commitment by MJ and AL and the two players was good. Good move to bring those two in particular along. It gives them a little feel for the club/the fans/the club's place. Clearly a little bit shy speaking in a foreign language (as good as they are at English). And they got a warm reception which can only help.

Impressed as usual by the way MJ conducts himself, and whilst being diplomatic, was honest and gave a bit of insight, always bearing in mind he couldn't give too much away. Got a better feel for the relationship between him and Anthony (who's also impressive as a speaker). Clearly and intelligent, professional and thoughtful pair.

I think we're in good hands.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 2, 2019, 12:38am; Reply: 49
PS thanks to the Trust for putting it on, Dale (?) for recording it and to BenBB for sticking it on here and saving me the effort of looking for it.

Oh, and a possible Op Promo type thought, provoked by the question about overnights stays. With a lot of sporting outcomes being affected by small margins, I wonder what sort of cost it would be to put the match day squad and staff up overnight, and how many games where the decision to stay overnight is borderline (Stevenage for example). Thats ÂŁX times Y games. How much is ÂŁXY? Assuming we don't go up this season, is that a good idea for a crowdfunded for next season?
Posted by: Grumps, February 2, 2019, 8:16am; Reply: 50
I watched the Q&A and really enjoyed it. I thought all the questions were answered in a straightforward way explaining the thinking behind decisions that are made. I think it also shows the togetherness of management, staff and players. I noted that MJ also appreciates the backing given by the board and this can only bode well for the future. I get the impression this is a well thought out re-building process that will take time to get all the pieces in place but will reap the rewards we all want to see. There seems to be something good happening but patience is required. Well done to all.
UTM
Posted by: chaos33, February 2, 2019, 12:05pm; Reply: 51
Remember when Slade said "I'm trying to build you something" and it turned out he meant a mound of horsesh1t.....you do get the impression that Jolley is actually working to a plan, trying to construct a top end competitive squad, and that he knows what he's doing.
Posted by: Meza, February 2, 2019, 12:49pm; Reply: 52
I really enjoyed it, some bits made me laugh especially the question to Ludvig about heading a brick haha.  Sometimes these things are difficult to conduct especially the amount of repeated questions.  I thought it was great and despite my frustration the other day where I felt he shouldn't have changed the system I still believe in MJ & AL.

Would love to know who this significant player was.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 10:56am