Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: malkamalka, January 27, 2019, 2:30pm
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/26/accrington-stanley-vs-derby-county-fa-cup-fourth-round-live/
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 27, 2019, 2:49pm; Reply: 1
Moaning about a ref is pointless regardless of how sh!te he may be. No result will be changed even if the sending off was rescinded. There are ways to report poor refereeing and shouting your mouth off ain’t one of them. He’ll get a fine and a ban and nobody will be any better off will they?
Posted by: Yoda, January 27, 2019, 2:56pm; Reply: 2
Yes totally agree with him between shocking referees and linesman.
Also players diving, rolling about and time wasting.
auou have to ask yourself is it worth 20 pounds.
Posted by: Mariner93er, January 27, 2019, 3:00pm; Reply: 3
Looked like a red card to be fair.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 27, 2019, 3:59pm; Reply: 4
Yeah, I thought it was a definite red too.
Posted by: RichMariner, January 27, 2019, 4:02pm; Reply: 5
Referees are human. I know someone who officiates matches at a lower level and he says he goes home devastated if he feels he didn't get everything right.

Having said that, I think they shouldn't be allowed to hide away and not justify their decisions. If they make a call on an incident on the pitch then the very least they should be able to do is explain it publicly afterwards.

It's an incredibly tough job but standards won't improve until we get better two-way communication.

I'm very keen to see some ex-pros take their refereeing badges. I think the game would benefit hugely from ex-footballers being referees. None of them choose that path though, and I think we all know why.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 27, 2019, 4:12pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from RichMariner
Referees are human. I know someone who officiates matches at a lower level and he says he goes home devastated if he feels he didn't get everything right.

Having said that, I think they shouldn't be allowed to hide away and not justify their decisions. If they make a call on an incident on the pitch then the very least they should be able to do is explain it publicly afterwards.

It's an incredibly tough job but standards won't improve until we get better two-way communication.

I'm very keen to see some ex-pros take their refereeing badges. I think the game would benefit hugely from ex-footballers being referees. None of them choose that path though, and I think we all know why.

I don’t get this communication argument these days. People want to see VAR on the one hand and yet want referees to justify their decisions. Does VAR justify its decisions? No, it is black and white, right or wrong, take it or leave it, no argument. That is actually how it used to be with referees a few years back. However bad the decision was, it was final and the rub of the green was said to even out for teams in the long run. Then we started having this questioning of decisions by idiots pundits on the box and we were into refs having to explain themselves, show the human face, justify themselves. Funny how this has coincided with the fall in reputation of PL refs in the international game.

Posted by: fishboyUTM, January 27, 2019, 9:40pm; Reply: 7
I think John Coleman is a vastly experienced, clever and underrated manager. He's chosen his time in the limelight to have a go at the decisions made by refs against his little Accrington side (who are a good side by the way). It hasn't come from nowhere, and the referees in the immediate future will have his words ringing in their heads.

Could Mr Jolley, who is very polite at all times learn something from him? The dark arts are part of the game, any small advantage you can gain can make all the difference. Look at Neil Warnock, he plays the game and the referee is under pressure before he's blown the first whistle.

There aren't too many nice guy managers who have been successful out there.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 4:01pm