Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GYRanger, January 27, 2019, 7:18am
In no way detracting from a great battling performance yesterday, but did anyone else notice that when RHJ came on after 67 mins he looked like he was blowing out of his bottom within a couple of minutes, just didn't look fit at all.
Posted by: Hameln Mariner, January 27, 2019, 7:23am; Reply: 1
Thought exactly the same. There was one attack just after he came on where the ball went into space near the corner and he was so slow going after it that the Dongs player saw him off with ease, Again, not a criticism of RHJ as I'm a big fan but he was off the pace yesterday. I hope he's not carrying an injury as he's a very important player for us.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 27, 2019, 11:40am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Hameln Mariner
Thought exactly the same. There was one attack just after he came on where the ball went into space near the corner and he was so slow going after it that the Dongs player saw him off with ease, Again, not a criticism of RHJ as I'm a big fan but he was off the pace yesterday. I hope he's not carrying an injury as he's a very important player for us.

Heard DC state on radio commentary for Palace game that RHJ has been carrying a groin injury for a while. Plus when a player first comes on they are rarely in tune with pace of the game etc. Thought after that slow start he helped nullify the threat MK had down right hand side.

Whilst their centre forward missed easy header Russell never had a real save to make all game.
Posted by: Bigdog, January 27, 2019, 11:54am; Reply: 3
I thought RHJ covered a lot of ground when he came on and noticing him was a little leggy for a very short period, I put it down to him being nothing more than on the verge of getting his second wind after a lung bursting run or two..
Posted by: devs, January 27, 2019, 1:35pm; Reply: 4
Thought RHJ was excellent yesterday - but when he blew up chasing for that ball I was gobsmacked!

Relting to this I thought MJ's handling of the tactical side yesterday was great

352 was working well until sending off

Whitemore for Grayson - MJ noticed that Whitmore was better suited to what was happening on the pitch (referred to this on radio interview) - I like how he spent a short while explaining to Grayson why he'd done it... top man management

Welsh for Embleton - experience, tackles, cool head, been there and done it; one iof JW's tackles was fantastic

RHJ for Cook - fresh legs, be a nuisance, stopped their midfield just passing it around for fun

Of course, if you win then everything is tactical genius but top marks for Jolley IMO
Posted by: ginnywings, January 27, 2019, 2:09pm; Reply: 5
I'm not sure RHJ was blowing in that run people are referring to. I think he was just in two minds whether he would have made it to the ball before the defender, and was a bit stop start. If he'd gone haring after the ball and not made it, he would have been stranded up the pitch, leaving space in behind. All the players seemed to be operating in a defensive mindset of hanging onto the points and not committing too far forward. I think he was just being cautious.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), January 27, 2019, 2:19pm; Reply: 6
We won!!!!!
Posted by: TAGG, January 27, 2019, 2:20pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from GYRanger
In no way detracting from a great battling performance yesterday, but did anyone else notice that when RHJ came on after 67 mins he looked like he was blowing out of his bottom within a couple of minutes, just didn't look fit at all.

Dear oh dear  :B
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 5:19am