Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 26, 2019, 5:17pm

Poor ref giving us little yet again.

I thought a stupid sending-off by us and probably deserved.

Great performance by Town with 10 men for over half of the game.

Massive 3 points........UTM

Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, January 26, 2019, 5:19pm; Reply: 1
We're now really experienced at defending with 10 men and it showed. Made it look extremely comfortable. An excellent team effort. Hess the pick for me.

I thought the red was probably right. If it had been the other way around I would have been screaming for a sending off so can't have too many complaints about it.
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 26, 2019, 5:24pm; Reply: 2
Hess was immense in the middle of the park today I thought.
Posted by: hheh2, January 26, 2019, 5:29pm; Reply: 3
Great performance the team has lots of dimensions with players and different positions when we keep it simple it works

Also looks like we are close to more signings

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1089212031956369408
Posted by: TAGG, January 26, 2019, 5:30pm; Reply: 4
Great game, best win of the season.
All the lads put in a great shift today.
Woodford and Hez were fantastic can't decide my mom out of those two UTM
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 26, 2019, 5:33pm; Reply: 5
Congratulations to the magnificent 10, all of them deserve a mention for today's showing.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 26, 2019, 5:36pm; Reply: 6
Better team first half and deserved the lead. Great cross from Hendrie, so the wing back works this time for the doubters.

Second half was a bit baffling in as much as we just sat back and soaked up everything they threw at us, without really trying to do any attacking at all. It worked of course and we did break out as the half wore on and forced 2 great saves from their keeper. Embleton made a massive difference to the side and drove through the middle, breaking lines and getting us into attacking areas.

Wes Thomas was immense, and ran himself into the ground, and Hess was fantastic in the middle, but everyone did their parts in what was a magnificent backs to the wall win. Massive three points.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 26, 2019, 5:37pm; Reply: 7
One of those games where you couldn't pick fault with anyone other than the myopic referee.

Congrats to all - hard to give an MoM but, Wooly just ahead of Hess for me.

Best wishes to Andy Fox, great game to go out on.
Posted by: chicaneuk, January 26, 2019, 5:41pm; Reply: 8
Great result and I am really pleased to take three points from that. But have to ask a question here.. do we have a discipline problem? We must be right up there in this league in terms of the number of cards handed out.
Posted by: Perkins, January 26, 2019, 5:53pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from chicaneuk
Great result and I am really pleased to take three points from that. But have to ask a question here.. do we have a discipline problem? We must be right up there in this league in terms of the number of cards handed out.

No discipline problems just pi$$ poor referees and the odd daft tackle.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, January 26, 2019, 5:53pm; Reply: 10
It’s all because Jolley wore a suit. 👏🏻
Posted by: mariner tommy, January 26, 2019, 5:53pm; Reply: 11
What a great team performance that was, probably Woolford just gets my MOM but everybody battled especially after the red card which was justified I think.
But we rode our luck and defended well.
Superb

UTM
Posted by: golfer, January 26, 2019, 6:04pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
It’s all because Jolley wore a suit. 👏🏻

I knew we were doing things on the cheap but stooping to make him buy my old suit from Oxfam.
Posted by: monkeyboy, January 26, 2019, 6:45pm; Reply: 13
I thought Erman was fantastic considering  he has had a month off and come in to play with players he does not know, he looks a real find to me and given how he started could prove to be a first name on the sheet for the next few seasons.
Think collins will now be mostly bench warming.

Great effort from every player today, only cook looked out of sorts but didnt do to bad in patches either.
Posted by: LH, January 26, 2019, 6:48pm; Reply: 14
Definite red, imo. The striker is just about to pull the trigger to shoot (there might be covering players but only because Davis has rugby tackled him with no attempt to win the ball) therefore straight red and a one game ban. Look at it from the other side of the coin and you’d be mad if it’s not a red card. Discipline problem? Not sure. All the reds we’ve had this season have been avoidable and we do make it very easy for decisions to go against us but we’re not what you’d call a dirty team. Maybe overcommitted!

Hessenthaler MOTM for me - AGAIN - he’s been brilliant in the last few months.

The fans really got behind the team today which is the biggest positive I’m going to take today as the players responded well to it. We only need a handful of wins to ‘confirm’ safety now and we’ve got a run of winnable games coming up. Let’s get something from Newport next week
Posted by: Tinymariner, January 26, 2019, 6:51pm; Reply: 15
I’m surprised that people are saying the red card was justified yet so many thought we should appeal Macca’s.
Davis wasn’t the last man and it wasn’t violent conduct, it was a yellow imo.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 26, 2019, 6:57pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Tinymariner
I’m surprised that people are saying the red card was justified yet so many thought we should appeal Macca’s.

Looked like a rugby tackle. Surely that counts as a red?
Posted by: LH, January 26, 2019, 6:58pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Tinymariner

‘Last man’ makes no difference in a DOGSO decision. He’s just about to strike the ball at goal and is pulled down in desperation by Davis. If he swings a leg at the ball and catches him instead it’s a yellow because he has attempted to win the ball. Last week wasn’t an obvious goalscoring opportunity because he was 40 yards from goal.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 26, 2019, 7:05pm; Reply: 18
I think if you genuinely try to play the football but deny a clear goalscoring opportunity then it's still a red unless it's in the box when it's a penalty and a yellow - that was rhe double jeopardy law introduced wasn't it? I say this with no certainty!
Posted by: Posh Harry, January 26, 2019, 7:41pm; Reply: 19
Well whatever people think of the red, that is a top result after no goals or points so far in January.

Well done to everyone involved today.
Posted by: gobby, January 26, 2019, 7:47pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from LH

‘Last man’ makes no difference in a DOGSO decision. He’s just about to strike the ball at goal and is pulled down in desperation by Davis. If he swings a leg at the ball and catches him instead it’s a yellow because he has attempted to win the ball. Last week wasn’t an obvious goalscoring opportunity because he was 40 yards from goal.

Sorry to disagree but if there is a defender in front then it is not DOGSO, so it does make a difference! IMO I thought the Referee got this one wrong. 8)
UTMM
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 26, 2019, 8:07pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from LH

Just about to strike the ball at goal? He was 25 yards out, how is that DOGSO?
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 26, 2019, 8:14pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from pontoonlew

The wording I believe is obvious opportunity, not just opportunity. I don’t see how been 20 yards out with a covering defender between you and the goal is obvious.

The fact even town fans can’t agree on it does show it’s not that clear cut.
Posted by: LH, January 26, 2019, 8:15pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from pontoonlew

Because we’ve been shite all year?

Seriously though most strikers could beat a keeper with a clean strike and clear route at goal from there (he had both of these - just rewatched the replay (as if people are saying we had cover there!)). Is this a more clear chance at goal as Town appealed to the FA that McKeown would have denied this very week?
Posted by: Mariner93er, January 26, 2019, 8:22pm; Reply: 24
Was he covering. Davis was dragging the guy for s good few yards which makes it look like Grayson had more time to cover than he did.
Posted by: TAGG, January 26, 2019, 8:54pm; Reply: 25
Does any one like me think Ohman is our new Mark Leaver??
Fookin love the bloke 👍
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 26, 2019, 8:59pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from TAGG
Fookin love the bloke 👍

Yes he is a great signing. He will marshall the defence superbly when he really settles in. Good in the air, no-nonsense defending but good enough on the ball and gutsy too as we found out last week after taking one hell of a beating.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, January 26, 2019, 9:03pm; Reply: 27
I've not seen anything yet from today's game but what I have seen he seems very rash in the tackle, like a red card waiting to happen.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 26, 2019, 9:06pm; Reply: 28
Just a quick mention for Fox whose departure is a real loss to the team as he makes a number of vital interceptions in the box. A couple of slips today but think he will be a big miss not just now but in future seasons as I think he is type of player who would have really progessed.

Final note for the day was calling in to a packed local all watching the Chimps tea party at Bury. After their dubious penalty it was priceless when Bury equalised and the only two people jumping and punching the air was myself and 12 year old son in his Grimsby shirt who was sat next to Lee Frecklington’s dad. To be fair a few angry stares were outweighed by some friendly but abusive banter. Thought Bury looked excellent
Posted by: Poojah, January 26, 2019, 9:35pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from TAGG
Fookin love the bloke 👍

He’s looked absolutely brilliant to me so far. Wins everything in the air and decent with his feet too.

For a a tall but fairly slight looking guy he doesn’t seem to get bullied either. Could be a gem, definitely.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 26, 2019, 9:37pm; Reply: 30
Good performance by a team that clearly have real unity and growing mental strength. Despite a poor run the players don’t look like they lack confidence which will be a big factor in getting over 50 points.

When I saw the selection I was a bit underwhelmed but before the sending off I think we looked well  balanced with Woolley in the middle where he tends to have a real impact. Both he and my MOM Hess paired up really well allowing Embelton a bit of freedom to try and link up play with the front two.

Really good goal not only for the cross and finish but also the little triangle of play between Hess, Embleton and Hendrie that opened up the space for Hendrie to cross the ball, a coaches dream.

The sending off I’m 50/50 about but I think it spoiled what would have gone on to be a decent game of football where I think we’d have kicked on and got a couple more.

Though we soaked up some pressure in the 2nd half it never really looked like The Alamo as MKD in essence once again looked really poor in front of goal. In reality their keeper stopped them going further behind with a couple of good saves.

Jolley got a lot right today in terms of selection and changes and alongside every player in the squad deserves massive credit for the win.

Just a footnote about the ref, away from the sending off he was really poor and clearly did not understand what “professional” footballers do to manipulate the result.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 26, 2019, 10:07pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from TAGG
Fookin love the bloke 👍

We've got Ohman,
Ludvig Ohman,
I just don't think you understand,
He's Swedish, blond and tall,
He wins us every ball,
We've got Ludvig Ohman.

I'll get my coat!   ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 26, 2019, 10:11pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Les Brechin

We've got Ohman,
Ludvig Ohman,
He wins us every ball,
We've got Ludvig Ohman.

I'll get my coat!   ;D

On the contrary. I think you've done it again Les.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, January 26, 2019, 10:15pm; Reply: 33
I heard only two fans at last weeks Lincoln game chanting Ohman's name to the tune of the Omar Bogle song (Tender by Blur),

Seemed to fit quite well but they were struggling to get anyone else to join in.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 26, 2019, 10:26pm; Reply: 34
I got final score on just as it said Davies had been sent off,

Then I noticed we were 1-0 up,

No problem I thought if we can hold a prem side for 86 mins with 10 men,

Holding onto a 1-0 lead for 49mins against MK would be easy. :)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 26, 2019, 10:35pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from grimsby pete
I got final score on just as it said Davies had been sent off,

Then I noticed we were 1-0 up,

No problem I thought if we can hold a prem side for 86 mins with 10 men,

Holding onto a 1-0 lead for 49mins against MK would be easy. :)

And it was. Relatively speaking.
Posted by: spuggybridge, January 26, 2019, 10:41pm; Reply: 36
If I had to be negative (apart from the useless ref), I would ask why jolley went defensive 2nd half especially as we looked the better side when we attacked them after the sending off, not complaining about the defensive display and the 3 points though. UTM
Posted by: supertown, January 26, 2019, 10:52pm; Reply: 37
It was a yellow , 100 percent. Crap decision
Posted by: Sussexmariner, January 26, 2019, 11:02pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Les Brechin

We've got Ohman,
Ludvig Ohman,
He wins us every ball,
We've got Ludvig Ohman.

I'll get my coat!   ;D

It doesn’t fit the tune

Miss out “Blond” then it does!

Posted by: Mariner_09, January 26, 2019, 11:25pm; Reply: 39
Thought we rode our luck a bit. How the lad missed that header late on I’ll never know and Russell made one good save. Apart from that (and several dangerous looking balls flying across our box) we weren’t troubled that much. Wes Thomas was outstanding, aside from his goal and the fact he forced two decent saves out of their keeper his hold up and link up play was magnificent. It was also absolutely what was necessary in the circumstances. Forget whether Davis was or wasn’t the last man, the lad was about to pull the trigger so it was a definite red in my eyes.

Hess was excellent with and without the ball again. Hendrie’s cross was brilliant and is defending (aside from the lash up) was very good. Embleton always looked dangerous and I thought Ohman won everything and looked commanding for his defence. We need to back this up now, on paper the next 6 games (Newport, Yeovil, Cheltenham, Swindon, Cambridge and Crawley) look much more winnable than most of the previous 6.
Posted by: mariner tommy, January 26, 2019, 11:30pm; Reply: 40
I haven’t got a clue what DOGSO is

UTM
Posted by: Tinymariner, January 26, 2019, 11:41pm; Reply: 41
Denied obvious goal scoring opportunity
Posted by: quebec38, January 26, 2019, 11:43pm; Reply: 42
Very good today. Better side in the first half and deserved to be in front at HT.
Definite red for me. Not watched it back but I didn’t think Davis needed to pull their man down. The referee was awful for 90 minutes, other than the red just about. And that went for both teams. Tisdale probably fuming with the officials as much as Grimsby today and rightly so. Looked a penalty for them late on but again not given.
Everyone was on it today. Glad Woolford came in for Rose which was something I wanted in the first place after Clifton got injured.
Hess my man of the match. I don’t think he stopped running all game. Best game I’ve seen from him I think.
Quick nod to a solid performance from Fox, he is going to be missed for sure. Welsh as well, great last 10 minutes protecting the back 4. Say what you like but that guy is a tackling machine. I don’t think he loses a single one.
Well done all. Hopefully that result has put a few things in to perspective for some people. We need to beat those below us and have a good go at those above. Newport definitely in the bracket where we should be having a go but a realistic opportunity to pick up points next Saturday. They will have a FA Cup replay in midweek after us which they will try and stay sharp for.
Posted by: mariner tommy, January 26, 2019, 11:55pm; Reply: 43
Thank you Tinymariner, you live and learn 😀
Posted by: marinerrick, January 27, 2019, 6:46am; Reply: 44
Just had a quick look and if we manage to get 9 points out of next 6 games it would be pushing us further away from relegation spots as 4 out of next 6 games are against lower in table games than us. A win next week would put us above Newport. I know we struggle against Newport but they had big game in fa cup. When is there replay as this may help us.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 27, 2019, 7:07am; Reply: 45
Oooohhh
Ludvig Ohmans magic
He wears a magic cap
And if you threw a brick at him he’d head the fukker back
He heads it to the left
He heads it to the right
And when we get promotion
We’ll sing this song all night.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 27, 2019, 8:09am; Reply: 46
Again thought ohman was great again today.

Woolford better than rose and i just prefer cook over cardwell.

Dug in boys well done oh and good luck to fox in yankland.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 27, 2019, 8:18am; Reply: 47
Quoted from Sussexmariner

It doesn’t fit the tune

Miss out “Blond” then it does!

It does fit, if you sing that line in the correct way for it to fit.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 27, 2019, 8:22am; Reply: 48
Have to say Ohman has slid into that CB role seamlessly, he looks like he's going to become a fans favourite...like the fact that he's a no nonsense defender, heads the ball extremely well and when he cleared the lines ensured the ball went into touch well up the field giving the team the chance to get back into shape out of possession.
Special mention for J Cook who after it looked like he was starting to get frozen out came into the starting line up, chased everything down and gave 110% up until his substitution..
And I will finish off by saying Woolie offered more than Rose which freed up Hess and Embleton to go forward more and Hendrie was my MOTM...
Posted by: Ipswin, January 27, 2019, 8:55am; Reply: 49
Quoted from Civvy at last
Oooohhh
Ludvig Ohmans magic
He wears a magic cap
He heads it to the left
He heads it to the right

Bloody hell I hope not

Are you short of summat to do?  ;)

Posted by: Sussexmariner, January 27, 2019, 9:11am; Reply: 50
Quoted from Les Brechin

It does fit, if you sing that line in the correct way for it to fit.

I stand corrected, after much tapping of beats to the tune it does fit!

We have a Lennon and McCartney in our midst

Posted by: Hagrid, January 27, 2019, 9:21am; Reply: 51
Saw wooly out in clee last night. Hammered. Had tequilla shots wirh him nice bloke UTm
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 27, 2019, 9:31am; Reply: 52
I thought Woolford slotted into midfield really well yesterday. He's certainly lost a yard of pace but in the middle of the park he allowed Hess to use his energy further forward but he didn't constantly need to take a touch and moved a few bouncing balls along nicely.

It was a very tidy performance from Woolford.

I also thought 3-5-2 worked quite well too. The patient play before the goal was great and after a few passes between them, Hendrie had all the time in the world to pick out Wes with a brilliant cross.
Posted by: Maringer, January 27, 2019, 9:32am; Reply: 53
I reckon Ohman will be a good signing for us but a couple of things about him come to mind. Firstly, he's pretty robust in the challenge and tries to get his foot in all the time so he's going to pick up a lot of bookings when he mistimes them. I'd imagine he'll get a couple of suspensions each season.

Secondly, he certainly puts his body on the line when trying to win the ball so is likely to get a lot of whacks. Reminiscent of Lever in this regard as has been mentioned. Hopefully he's as effective a defender for us as Lever was.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, January 27, 2019, 9:39am; Reply: 54
Quoted from spuggybridge
If I had to be negative (apart from the useless ref), I would ask why jolley went defensive 2nd half especially as we looked the better side when we attacked them after the sending off, not complaining about the defensive display and the 3 points though. UTM

Perhaps as we were winning. And we had a man sent off? And he was proved correct as we saw the game out relatively comfortably.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 27, 2019, 9:46am; Reply: 55
Was Ring injured yesterday or was he just "rested" from the squad?
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, January 27, 2019, 10:01am; Reply: 56
Quoted from Hagrid
Saw wooly out in clee last night. Hammered. Had tequilla shots wirh him nice bloke UTm

Is she that Spanish porn star I’ve heard about from a friend?
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 27, 2019, 10:31am; Reply: 57
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

Is she that Spanish porn star I’ve heard about from a friend?

From a friend ?   :B
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 27, 2019, 10:38am; Reply: 58
Quoted from Les Brechin

I think Ring looks a bit rusty....
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, January 27, 2019, 12:03pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Civvy at last
Oooohhh
Ludvig Ohmans magic
He wears a magic cap
He heads it to the left
He heads it to the right

C’mon guys! We can do better than this. 😄
He’s Swedish. Let’s think ABBA. They’ve got plenty of material to work with. There’s even one called “the winner takes it all”. It rhymes with ball and tall. And what about gimme gimme gimme Ohman after midnight...
I would like 10% of any royalties if you get a song writing deal. 😄😄😄
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 27, 2019, 12:09pm; Reply: 60
Thought we were magnificent to a man yesterday in the face I'd adversity.

Loved Embekton pretending he hadn't noticed his number was up when being substituted. Stood there for a good 30 seconds facing the other way until the ref shouted him over... He knew full well he was being subbed 😂👍
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 27, 2019, 12:22pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Thought we were magnificent to a man yesterday in the face I'd adversity.

Loved Embekton pretending he hadn't noticed his number was up when being substituted. Stood there for a good 30 seconds facing the other way until the ref shouted him over... He knew full well he was being subbed 😂👍

Not sure if it has been mentioned but how did Lexington get away with that dive in the first half? Cringeworthy and embarrassing.

Re town nobody can argue with the team spirit that exists and to see players hugging each other at the end demonstrated the team ethic MJ has in place.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 27, 2019, 12:29pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Les Brechin

I'm sure Jolley had said that he was to play Fox so that he could get the send off he deserved.
Posted by: norfuk mariner, January 27, 2019, 12:32pm; Reply: 63

I'm sure Jolley had said that he was to play Fox so that he could get the send off he deserved.

Jolley said that it was the intention to ease Ring in to the team, but circumstances meant that he was forced to play him when not fit enough after Swedish break.
Having already played on Saturday and Tuesday a further game on Saturday was too much as Ring was exhausted.
Posted by: mimma, January 27, 2019, 1:02pm; Reply: 64
Back to DOGSO debate, this rule was brought in after the cup final where a young Martin Allen was clear through on goal and was brought down from behind by a defender with no attempt to play the ball. It is meant to detere defenders from stopping players who are clean through on goal.

Yesterday the player did not get through but was fouled as he was about to shoot. Fouling a player as he is about to shoot is not DOGSO. If it was then you cannot block a shot and give away a foul without getting sent off.
Posted by: Poojah, January 27, 2019, 1:08pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Not sure if it has been mentioned but how did Lexington get away with that dive in the first half? Cringeworthy and embarrassing.

Re town nobody can argue with the team spirit that exists and to see players hugging each other at the end demonstrated the team ethic MJ has in place.

Is there a more dislikeable footballer in the game than Dean Lewington, the cheating, Wimbledon scab? With John Terry now retired, I’m not sure there is.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 27, 2019, 2:29pm; Reply: 66
Nice comment on the MK Dons forum :-

"Very Finally, I have to say the stewards at Grimsby are top notch, helpful, polite, amusing and are amongst the best I have seen this season...many clubs could do worse than come and watch them in action"
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 27, 2019, 2:32pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Poojah

Is there a more dislikeable footballer in the game than Dean Lewington, the cheating, Wimbledon scab? With John Terry now retired, I’m not sure there is.

That was the view from where we were sat, that he was a cheating little turd.
Posted by: Mrbump53, January 27, 2019, 6:08pm; Reply: 68
Thought the goal came at the right time as the whinging person behind me was yelling "this is going nowhere" as it was crossed into the box and headed into the net. Shut him up for at least until the second half !! Think the sending off was dodgy until looked at the highlights when it could be seen that there was no cover near to be factored in. Still looking for their shot on target which the BBC put into the stats. Excellent team work by the 10 men on the field to get the three points.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 28, 2019, 12:02am; Reply: 69

He’s Swedish. Let’s think ABBA. They’ve got plenty of material to work with. There’s even one called “the winner takes it all”. It rhymes with ball and tall. And what about gimme gimme gimme Ohman after midnight...

I was told that's too camp on here the other week. And I thought we'd gone all inclusive.  :)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 28, 2019, 1:21pm; Reply: 70
Not had a chance to post on here until now but what a game that was

When we went down to 10 I feared the worst but just as at Palace, our performance with a man down was spot on

It also went unnoticed by me on Saturday but looking back, with that Thomas/Cook partnership up front... we could well be going places!

UTM
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 28, 2019, 2:06pm; Reply: 71
Ohman and Hess were absolutely dominant in their respective positions and are very deserving of the acclaim they're getting for it.

But I thought Cook made a massive difference with his energy up top.  Really set the tempo for everyone around him.  

Red card all day in my eyes.  I think it's debatable if there was enough cover when the lad was finally brought down but when the foul started he was clear as day on goal.  No arguments.  
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 28, 2019, 5:17pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from diehardmariner
Ohman and Hess were absolutely dominant in their respective positions and are very deserving of the acclaim they're getting for it.

But I thought Cook made a massive difference with his energy up top.  Really set the tempo for everyone around him.  

Red card all day in my eyes.  I think it's debatable if there was enough cover when the lad was finally brought down but when the foul started he was clear as day on goal.  No arguments.  

If that had happened to us we'd have been well miffed if only a yellow had been given I agree

I guess in the overall scheme of things the "challenge" probably did deny a goal scoring opportunity so considering whether we should have to lose a man or to concede a goal.... it all worked out well in the end
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 28, 2019, 6:06pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

If that had happened to us we'd have been well miffed if only a yellow had been given I agree

I guess in the overall scheme of things the "challenge" probably did deny a goal scoring opportunity so considering whether we should have to lose a man or to concede a goal.... it all worked out well in the end

On the day. Question is if it costs us n subsequent games.
Posted by: essexexile, January 29, 2019, 12:14pm; Reply: 74

Mama Mia my my
Ludwig Ludwig Ohman
& repeat repeat repeat
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 29, 2019, 4:52pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from diehardmariner

I fully agree and on that performance he deserves another starting place.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 12:52pm