Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mikoo, January 26, 2019, 4:54pm
Come under fire recently but has been absolutely phenomenal today. Scored 1, denied 2 more from fantastic saves. Not to mention brilliant hold up play. Really really good performance
Posted by: Hagrid, January 26, 2019, 5:00pm; Reply: 1
He works his socks off week in week out
Posted by: RoboCod, January 26, 2019, 5:03pm; Reply: 2
Only had commentary today but sounded out of this world. We need to clone him.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 26, 2019, 5:04pm; Reply: 3
Couldn't understand any of the complaints about him in recent weeks with him getting zero service during those games. He's worked his socks off today like every game and deserved a hatrick.
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, January 26, 2019, 5:07pm; Reply: 4
Didn’t even know he was getting slated, His a class player holds the ball up great when it’s to his feet, just unforntualty it hardly is to his feet, just needs a more experienced player up there with him then Cardwell.
Posted by: Mikoo, January 26, 2019, 5:12pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89
Didn’t even know he was getting slated, His a class player holds the ball up great when it’s to his feet, just unforntualty it hardly is to his feet, just needs a more experienced player up there with him then Cardwell.

It was a minority of people but delighted he’s proved them wrong
Posted by: chipsandgravy, January 26, 2019, 5:13pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mikoo
Come under fire recently but has been absolutely phenomenal today. Scored 1, denied 2 more from fantastic saves. Not to mention brilliant hold up play. Really really good performance

Only come under fire from people on here. When he does get a bit of service he always looks a threat.
Posted by: Meza, January 26, 2019, 5:14pm; Reply: 7
Thomas is a very important player us, personally would like him on a longer deal.  Anyone know how Cook did?
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, January 26, 2019, 5:18pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Meza
Thomas is a very important player us, personally would like him on a longer deal.  Anyone know how Cook did?

More in 1 game than Cardwell has in 5 games, second best striker we have at the club behind Wes and unless we bring a striker in should get a run in the team in my eyes, fyi I class Vernam as a attacking midfielder not a striker
Posted by: TAGG, January 26, 2019, 5:19pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mikoo

Have to agree.
Best game I've seen him play.
Had a quid on him to score and Town to win 1-0
Happy days 👍
UTM
Posted by: Maringer, January 26, 2019, 5:26pm; Reply: 10
Cook did OK without really achieving a great deal and kept going down in the challenge to try and win fouls but the referee wasn't having it. Which was odd because he was giving them free-kicks for nothing in the first half. He really doesn't look like a striker to me.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 26, 2019, 5:41pm; Reply: 11
Wes Thomas was superb. Hendrie was given MOM, and he was excellent, but everyone played well today. For me Wes should have just shaded MOM because he scored and brought 2 great saves from their keeper, despite battling up front completely on his own.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, January 26, 2019, 6:02pm; Reply: 12
Agree with all he was awesome today I thought him and Hessenthaler were a cut above I would love town to get someone signed to play along side Wes we’ve seen what he’s like when he gets in and behind opposition defences and I think he would be even more dangerous if we did, but credit to all the lads today they dug in deep and a got a much needed win and good luck foxy in your next adventure thanks for your efforts UTM ⚫️⚪️
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 26, 2019, 6:09pm; Reply: 13
Just a thought, could Wes’s performance have had anything to do with playing alongside someone who knew what they were doing.
Posted by: Ipswin, January 26, 2019, 6:12pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings
Wes Thomas was superb. Hendrie was given MOM, and he was excellent, but everyone played well today. For me Wes should have just shaded MOM because he scored and brought 2 great saves from their keeper, despite battling up front completely on his own.

The cross for the goal was outstanding

Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, January 26, 2019, 7:30pm; Reply: 15
Absolutely outstanding today. Each and every player deserved that win. Felt it could have been a bigger home win if the ref wasn't as bias as he was. Well done GTFC. UTM
Posted by: fishboyUTM, January 26, 2019, 7:34pm; Reply: 16
Can only echo what others have said. He was superb today, worked his socks off. I particularly enjoyed his goal salute to the travelling franchise 'fans'. Top man Wes!
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 26, 2019, 7:36pm; Reply: 17
What was nice was  to see the smile on his face, him and Woolie shared a lovely little moment after the keeper tipped his shot over the bar in the second half...and people say we have little pace in the team, when he opens his legs he's got a bloody good turn of pace.  
Really hope he extends his stay past this season and we get another front man in to work alongside him
Posted by: Not again., January 26, 2019, 7:53pm; Reply: 18
The lad puts in a massive shift every  game as stated, is like to see someone up the with him though ,he won all the flick ons today, but someone else should be doing that for him to run onto.the mk.mongs defence looked frightened to death of him. On another note, when the attendance of the away  fans was announced they were resoundly booed, I've not heard that happen to any other supporters,not even scunny! Deservedly so too imho. Club stealing parasites.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), January 26, 2019, 8:04pm; Reply: 19
Love Wes. A professional in every sense of the word. Hope he stays.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, January 26, 2019, 8:05pm; Reply: 20
At 32, I'd certainly offer him another year. Really good player at this level.
Posted by: chaos33, January 26, 2019, 8:06pm; Reply: 21
Done a fantastic job for us this season. Thanks Wes.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 26, 2019, 9:05pm; Reply: 22
I was thinking on the drive home that if I was an opposing manager I’d be worried about the threat he creates. On a number of occasions now his goals have been winning goals.

Would like to see him partnered by Cooke for a few games on the bang as both have good craft.
Posted by: Maringer, January 26, 2019, 10:33pm; Reply: 23
We've won every game in which he's scored. Hope he gets another goal next game.  :)
Posted by: livosnose, January 26, 2019, 11:08pm; Reply: 24
Best striker we’ve had in the league since Bogle easy. Techniqually best striker we’ve had in 10 years .
Posted by: Davec, January 27, 2019, 11:34am; Reply: 25
We should be offering Wes Thomas a new deal asap because come the end of the season a league 1 club down south could easily offer him a contract and he might be inclined to take it with him being a southerner and his family still living in London.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 27, 2019, 2:48pm; Reply: 26
i can’t believe people have negative stuff to say about him. Fine player at this level. Need to keep him next season.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 27, 2019, 2:54pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from headingly_mariner
i can’t believe people have negative stuff to say about him. Fine player at this level. Need to keep him next season.

Fully agree but just can't see us being able to retain Wes past the summer. He's a Southern lad and I'm sure he'll be wanting to ply his trade closer to home.

I'd love it if he extended though!
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 3:13pm