Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ginnywings, January 26, 2019, 8:20am
This sticks in the throat a bit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46988009?intc_type=singletheme&intc_location=bbcsport&intc_campaign=facup&intc_linkname=article_newportcounty_contentcard11
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 26, 2019, 9:19am; Reply: 1

You just know he's going to score at BP next Saturday   :-/
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 26, 2019, 10:11am; Reply: 2
Don't you know he can't score against the better clubs.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 26, 2019, 5:01pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from friskneymariner

;)

Absolutely. Spurs are a feeder club for Barnet and Leicester are virtually Boston's B team, as every apologist for Hurst's decision to let him go will have told you.
Posted by: Kris2, January 26, 2019, 5:21pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from friskneymariner

So he'll put 2 or 3 past us again then.
Posted by: Ipswin, January 26, 2019, 6:16pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Kris2

So he'll put 2 or 3 past us again then.

Well if we are going to lose I hope the scores the goal(s)
Posted by: ginnywings, January 26, 2019, 6:45pm; Reply: 6
Newport got a last minute equaliser at 'Boro. Let's hope they have an F.A. Cup hangover next week.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, January 26, 2019, 7:08pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from KingstonMariner

;)

Absolutely. Spurs are a feeder club for Barnet and Leicester are virtually Boston's B team, as every apologist for Hurst's decision to let him go will have told you.

Hurst never “let him go” and even if he did, he wasn’t worth £2800 a week on wages, only scored 1 goal against the finishing top 12 of the conference if I remember correctly.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 26, 2019, 7:22pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Hurst never “let him go” and even if he did, he wasn’t worth £2800 a week on wages, only scored 1 goal against the finishing top 12 of the conference if I remember correctly.

Not still repeating that stuff are you? The guy was obviously a goal scorer (as proved in the seasons since he left), and as we've seen with Wes, you can only score when you get opportunities. The fact that we were usually outplayed by the top teams in the Conference meant Podge got fewer chances.

Let's assume you know what he's on, how much are other strikers on in L2?

And I assume you meant the top 1 or 2 not top 12.

And yes, Hurst did let him go effectively. He didn't make an acceptable contract offer to him. Mid-season he made him a 2 year contract offer, Podge bided his time, then after promotion Hurst only gave I'm a 1 year contract offer. So we lost out!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, January 26, 2019, 7:42pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Not still repeating that stuff are you? The guy was obviously a goal scorer (as proved in the seasons since he left), and as we've seen with Wes, you can only score when you get opportunities. The fact that we were usually outplayed by the top teams in the Conference meant Podge got fewer chances.

Let's assume you know what he's on, how much are other strikers on in L2?

And I assume you meant the top 1 or 2 not top 12.

And yes, Hurst did let him go effectively. He didn't make an acceptable contract offer to him. Mid-season he made him a 2 year contract offer, Podge bided his time, then after promotion Hurst only gave I'm a 1 year contract offer. So we lost out!

He didn’t come back with a counter offer though, he just left, probably knowing full well we wouldn’t pay stupid wages for him, probably did us a favour to be honest, though he was right when he signed for Hartlepool he quoted as saying “this club are going places” 👇🏼
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 3:05am