Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 19, 2019, 6:38pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06ykncd

Interesting that JT tried to draw MJ on respective budgets (re: Akinde), thought for a moment MJ was going to bite.
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 19, 2019, 6:43pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06ykncd

Interesting that JT tried to draw MJ on respective budgets (re: Akinde), thought for a moment MJ was going to bite.

Well I mean if you read between the lines he basically did, in a very diplomatic fashion. Enjoyed his comments about Öhman's performance and the two incidents he was involved in. Will be interesting to see if there's any decent footage of them both.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 19, 2019, 6:59pm; Reply: 2
Not heard Jolley like that. Clearly furious with what happeneento Ohman. The first one from O Connor was disgusting. Ball long gone and full of intent to get the man. How on earth it was only yellow only mr Look at me can answer that. But as Jolley said i thought Ohman was terrific
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 19, 2019, 7:40pm; Reply: 3
Jolley sounded very rattled today rather then his calm self, clearly no happy with some of the decisions made today but you can't speak your mind if it goes against the F.A unless you want to be fined or banned.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 19, 2019, 7:43pm; Reply: 4
That was a brilliant interview obviously seething but remains classy.
Posted by: Croxton, January 19, 2019, 8:28pm; Reply: 5
Any questions about goalscoring have become 'elephants in the room'. No doubt there will be trunk calls to agents and U23 managers this week.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 19, 2019, 9:04pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Croxton
Any questions about goalscoring have become 'elephants in the room'. No doubt there will be trunk calls to agents and U23 managers this week.

“Elephants” and “trunk calls” I like it😉
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 19, 2019, 9:16pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Croxton

“Elephants” and “trunk calls” I like it😉
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 19, 2019, 9:20pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Croxton

tusk tusk!
Posted by: TAGG, January 19, 2019, 9:21pm; Reply: 9
Thought it was a good interview again by MJ
had to bite his tongue a bit but was very dignified. If the boot was on the other foot I have no doubt Crowley would still be ranting on about it.

Onward and upward
UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 19, 2019, 9:29pm; Reply: 10
Yep. His silence on the elbowing spoke volumes.
Posted by: RichMariner, January 19, 2019, 9:31pm; Reply: 11
I'm glad he doesn't fly off the handle.

I'm of the opinion that, sometimes, it's more effective to be deliberately evasive and leave things unsaid than to actually rant on the topic at length.

Everyone is capable of reading between the lines. We know what he wanted to say, so there's no mystery.

He could've said: 'It was a clear elbow and we're fuming that Mike Dean didn't send their guy off just two weeks after one of our guys got sent off for a lesser challenge in a game that just happened to have VAR'.

Whether he did or didn't, doesn't matter. The last thing we want is our manager getting into hot water after how much we bang on about Danny Cowley's conduct.

He rose above it. This sort of attitude wins out in the long run.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 19, 2019, 9:39pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from RichMariner
I'm glad he doesn't fly off the handle.

I'm of the opinion that, sometimes, it's more effective to be deliberately evasive and leave things unsaid than to actually rant on the topic at length.

Everyone is capable of reading between the lines. We know what he wanted to say, so there's no mystery.

He could've said: 'It was a clear elbow and we're fuming that Mike Dean didn't send their guy off just two weeks after one of our guys got sent off for a lesser challenge in a game that just happened to have VAR'.

Whether he did or didn't, doesn't matter. The last thing we want is our manager getting into hot water after how much we bang on about Danny Cowley's conduct.

He rose above it. [b]This sort of attitude wins out in the long run.[b/b]

We’ve just lost to our neighbours barely getting a shot on goal. They will be a division above us next year, I only see one winner.
Posted by: chaos33, January 19, 2019, 9:56pm; Reply: 13
Inescapable truth
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 19, 2019, 10:23pm; Reply: 14
I loved the "see out of both eyes" comment.

I know the Cowley's will be stroking their pieces when they go up but in the game their antics and the way their team plays will at the very least mean they get zero respect from other managers,  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 19, 2019, 10:28pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I loved the "see out of both eyes" comment.

I know the Cowley's will be stroking their pieces when they go up but in the game their antics and the way their team plays will at the very least mean they get zero respect from other managers,  

Well, like it or not, this January is going pretty much the same as last year.
Posted by: Azimuth, January 19, 2019, 10:58pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Chrisblor

Well I mean if you read between the lines he basically did, in a very diplomatic fashion. Enjoyed his comments about Öhman's performance and the two incidents he was involved in. Will be interesting to see if there's any decent footage of them both.

Would be interesting to see photos of the aftermath of those horrific incidents, I mean perhaps the club should be respectfully asking questions as to how a player can be on the recieving end and end up with injuries that prevent him seeing out of both eyea properly, if it happened in the street it would be nothing less than an assault!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 19, 2019, 11:11pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well, like it or not, this January is going pretty much the same as last year.

In terms of points yes but in terms of the players playing and trusting the manager I’d suggest it’s a world if difference!
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 20, 2019, 3:05pm; Reply: 18
Although Jolley was his usual diplomatic self, is there any official way the club can bring the elbow incidents to the leagues attention. I don't know if the ref would have mentioned them in his report,then maybe in future games refs can be forewarned of what to look out for.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 20, 2019, 3:26pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Gaffer58
Although Jolley was his usual diplomatic self, is there any official way the club can bring the elbow incidents to the leagues attention. I don't know if the ref would have mentioned them in his report,then maybe in future games refs can be forewarned of what to look out for.

I believe that because O'Connor received a yellow for it, he cannot be punished retrospectively. However, Akinde wasn't punished for that one so he could be punished I guess.

There was also an incident where the referee made Öhman leave the pitch as he had been treated. However, because a player had been booked for the foul, Öhman did not need to leave the pitch!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, January 20, 2019, 4:33pm; Reply: 20
I’ve got to be honest, any manager that can keep their cool in a dugout next to Cowley deserves a medal, I’d have punched his lights out a million times over.
Posted by: Tommy, January 22, 2019, 12:35pm; Reply: 21
Only just watched the video of this interview.

The silence after being asked the question by JT, while he thought of something he could say that wouldn't get him in trouble, said it all. Looked furious without putting it into words. Well handled in my opinion.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 22, 2019, 12:50pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Tommy
Only just watched the video of this interview.

The silence after being asked the question by JT, while he thought of something he could say that wouldn't get him in trouble, said it all. Looked furious without putting it into words. Well handled in my opinion.

Can't imagine Lord Cowley being as calm and measured in similar circumstances.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 7:56am