Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 18, 2019, 9:23pm
Confirmed that Andrew is leaving GTFC at the end of January.

Really nice bloke who was part of the crucial run in last season, wish him and his wife a happy future back in the US.
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 18, 2019, 9:24pm; Reply: 1
Played a crucial part in our great escape,best luck in your new life in America.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 18, 2019, 9:28pm; Reply: 2
Not surprising given the persistent rumours about his situation.

Would just like to say thank you Andrew, and good luck for the future. A brief, but very important contribution.
Posted by: Mariner93er, January 18, 2019, 9:34pm; Reply: 3
Gave his all and never hid on the pitch when we were in a desparate situation last season. Good luck in America.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 18, 2019, 9:39pm; Reply: 4
Thanks Foxy! All the best for the future. As said above he is a really good bloke
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 18, 2019, 9:44pm; Reply: 5
Good luck to the kid I hope him and his Mrs have a great future.

He’s done a good job for Town, would be nice to see him get a bit of game time versus MKD. Shame if Palace was his last game.
Posted by: Tommy, January 18, 2019, 9:53pm; Reply: 6
Will wish him well when the time comes later this month.

I said in another thread recently, it speaks volumes of his character and values that he's been as professional and as committed as anyone this season, despite knowing he'd be on his way out soon. How many pro's that we've had in the past would've had their head elsewhere or not been fully committed to the cause during games.

Top man. Been vital to us since the moment he signed as we've not had decent alternatives in that position.
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 18, 2019, 10:00pm; Reply: 7
Nice to read his statement on the OS. It seems he has really enjoyed his time here and speaks well of the manager, fans and club in general. He played a huge part in our survival last season by strengthening our left hand side. He’ll certainly get a whole hearted round of applause from me at the MK game.

All the best to you and your other half in your new adventure in the USA Foxy!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 18, 2019, 10:13pm; Reply: 8
There are not many people like Fox in all walks of life. When his mind could understandably be elsewhere he has been a solid performer for us.

Hope he has a chance to play next week. With all the mercenaries that have graced this club over recent years, Fox deserves a Blundell Park send off and also the chance to put his red card behind him.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 18, 2019, 10:15pm; Reply: 9
Nice to see a good response
These guys try their best to keep us entertained and happy . On this occasion it worked. Let’s hope our current squad can make a big push over the last games starting tomorrow
Posted by: toontown, January 18, 2019, 10:32pm; Reply: 10
Yes good luck to the lad, served us well in the great escape last season by stiffening that left hand side. As jolley said at the time of signing him, he knew what he would get from him, not a world beater but 100% effort and commitment and turned out to be a decent player for league 2. Is spoken of highly by macca as well as MJ and as others have said, compared to some of the mercenaries we have had over the last decade or so he has been very focused when you consider he was unlikely to stay for the season. Hope he gets at least some game time v mk dons, it would be nice.
Good luck to Mr and Mrs Fox on their future life in the states.
Posted by: LH, January 18, 2019, 10:38pm; Reply: 11
Jolley moved quickly to address a very weak point in our squad almost as soon as he arrived. Unspectacular yet solid and dependable - gutted for him that a potential career highlight at Palace became a lowlight. Wish him and his wife all the best in the future.
Posted by: Poojah, January 18, 2019, 10:51pm; Reply: 12
The best left back I’ve seen in a Town shirt? Of course not. Not even close. Croft, Gallimore, Jobling, Townsend and several more potentially more forgettable names would argue, quite rightly, otherwise.

But Fox came in at a crucial and difficult point last season and performed admirably. A likeable player and one I’m sad to see go - all the best in America mate.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 18, 2019, 10:54pm; Reply: 13
Bye Foxy and good luck to you both in the USA,

You can forget about brexit now all you have to worry about is Trump. ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 18, 2019, 10:58pm; Reply: 14
I don't think I can ever remember a player leaving the club so soon with so many well wishes from fans before. That speaks volumes for the guy.

Best of luck Andrew. Hope you smash it over there.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 18, 2019, 11:48pm; Reply: 15
I can only echo all the sentiments so far expressed.really hope he gets the chance for a proper send off next week.could never claim to be the most talented pro ever but managed to play in Sweden us n UK to a pro level, whilst his kids n grandkids will he able to turn up at gy and hear about how much their relly was liked and appreciated,  so not too bad a legacy!
Posted by: moosey_club, January 19, 2019, 1:01am; Reply: 16
May his epitath read "Better than Paul Dixon"

Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 19, 2019, 6:45am; Reply: 17
Quoted from moosey_club

Are you going for 'Understated farewell of the Year'?
Posted by: lukeo, January 19, 2019, 7:14am; Reply: 18
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Nice to see a good response
These guys try their best to keep us entertained and happy . On this occasion it worked. Let’s hope our current squad can make a big push over the last games starting tomorrow

This. I hope he pops onto the fishy and see's that we're all supportive on him and wish him the best for his future, in and outside of football :)
Posted by: Grumps, January 19, 2019, 7:55am; Reply: 19
Want to wish Andrew and his wife all the best of luck in America. Played a big part in us staying up last year and has always given 100%.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 19, 2019, 9:04am; Reply: 20
Good luck to Mr and Mrs Fox 👍
Posted by: RoboCod, January 19, 2019, 9:27am; Reply: 21
Jolley's first signing, his name will always remind me of the gradual upturn in Towns fortunes during the potentially darkest days of this club, as falling out of the league for a second time would surely have been the end of this club.
And down through the trapdoor we were certainly heading under some bald idiot who seemed to be doing everything possible to jam the accelerator down and smash through the trapdoor.

I think we'd all given up hope at that stage, but MJ's calmness set in, and Fox gave us much needed strength in one of many neglected areas of the team.
I think the above shows why there's a touch of emotion about Foxy moving on. The team pulled off what looked an impossible feat, and Foxey was a huge part of that.
Thank you Andrew, genuinely wishing you all the best for your new venture.
Posted by: RonMariner, January 19, 2019, 11:24am; Reply: 22
Best of luck in the US, Andrew.

You take the good will and sincere best wishes of all Town fans with you.

Thank you for your fabulous contribution to the run in last year.

Top man!
Posted by: rancido, January 19, 2019, 12:00pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from moosey_club

Paul Dixon signed by Russel Slade.
Andrew Fox rejected by Russell Slade but signed by MJ.

Speaks volumes.
Posted by: denni266, January 20, 2019, 7:27pm; Reply: 24
Slade was past it 5 yrs if not more before he came back to demolish our team ,
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 21, 2019, 8:04am; Reply: 25
Came to our club in a difficult time and was nothing but professional and committed .. good luck in your next chapter
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 21, 2019, 10:51am; Reply: 26
I hope Foxy and his wife are at the game on Saturday,

So the crowd can give him a proper send off,

Good luck young man.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, January 21, 2019, 12:48pm; Reply: 27
Just like to echo what everyone else has said basically he came to the club when we was at a very low ebb last season and helped turn things around.

He gave everything to the cause and seems like a top fella so good luck in America to them both.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 21, 2019, 2:22pm; Reply: 28
Will he be available to play v MK on Saturday??
Posted by: 140348 (Guest), January 21, 2019, 2:58pm; Reply: 29
Good Luck in the USA and thank you.  UTM.
Posted by: mariner83, January 22, 2019, 7:43am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Will he be available to play v MK on Saturday??

I believe so.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 22, 2019, 9:01am; Reply: 31
Be nice if he can come on as a late sub to ping in a 5th.
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 1:12pm