Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Davec, January 14, 2019, 8:58am
Ok so absoloutly no idea if either are true.

I saw some Twitter page saying Woolford is signing for York City today, that's probs bullshit because he's too involved here to even be up for loan

And a Northampton friend told me that they could be signing Jordan Cook, I have no idea how accurate this is again but it certainly seems more plausible than Woolford going to York.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 14, 2019, 9:09am; Reply: 1
I also saw that Woolford thing. It was on a Twitter page with 26 followers. "Reports coming out of Grimsby" - intercourse off, you're a 14 year old in your bedroom, not Reuters  ;D
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, January 14, 2019, 9:24am; Reply: 2
Wouldn't surprise me if York started throwing more money about, they are doing awful in the Conference North. Not far off relegation to the EvoStik league. They're even worse than us and we've had a horrendous season so far.

Moving to a new ground in the summer, so I fully expect the chairman to get his money back from selling Bootham Crescent & then pissing off. I feel sorry for the York fans in the coming years.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 14, 2019, 9:33am; Reply: 3
Can't see Wolford dropping down to Conference North!

Cook hasn't been getting many minutes the last few months after being first choice at the beginning of the season. He's clearly a talented footballer but is perhaps a victim of circumstance in that for me, he doesn't have a specified natural position. I don't see him as a central striker nor a winger... He's perhaps better in behind a striker in the No10 role but we don't play that system.

If any of those two did go then surely it wouldn't be until MJ had their replacement in the bag!
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, January 14, 2019, 9:45am; Reply: 4
Would be surprised to see Woolford go, he could well be in the team on Sat
Posted by: Tommy, January 14, 2019, 9:47am; Reply: 5
*please check the source before regurgitating transfer rumours*
Posted by: Hagrid, January 14, 2019, 10:24am; Reply: 6
for someone who questions everything on here Aaron, i would have thought you would not believe that about Woolford! think he's a good pro and i wouldnt be surprised to see him play saturday
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 14, 2019, 10:34am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid
for someone who questions everything on here Aaron, i would have thought you would not believe that about Woolford! think he's a good pro and i wouldnt be surprised to see him play saturday

Did you read the opening line of his post? He even says 'it's probably bullshit'.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 14, 2019, 10:36am; Reply: 8
Oh bolloks. Sorry aaron. Im at work i’ll blame it on that
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 14, 2019, 11:44am; Reply: 9
I wouldn’t blame Jordan Cook if he’s asked for a move (I’m not saying he has by the way). He’s way down the pecking order up top and I bet it was a kick in the teeth when Ahkeem came on on Saturday. It’s also apparent that Jolley is after another front man so he’d be even further behind.

Personally, I think he’s a good player and wouldn’t mind seeing him and Vernam wide of Thomas in a sort of 433.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 14, 2019, 12:17pm; Reply: 10
Cook seems to be a Jack of all trades but a master of none.  Wherever he's gone, he seems to be a squad player because he can 'do a job' in multiple positions.

I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if Cook was moved on as we need a different kind of forward player.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 14, 2019, 2:49pm; Reply: 11
Hard to disagree with the last few posts on Cook.  

I think I would actually be surprised if Cook doesn't move on this transfer window.  A.Rose came on ahead of him on Saturday, it's probably fair to say he was only on the bench because Cardwell had an injury.

Just one of those moves that hasn't quite worked out for either party.
Posted by: chaos33, January 14, 2019, 8:26pm; Reply: 12
Half a season into his deal, let's wait a while. Cook is a good player.
Posted by: Tommy, January 14, 2019, 8:58pm; Reply: 13
There's absolutely no doubt Cook is technically good. It seems like he's having the same issue now at GTFC that he had at Luton, in that he just hasn't found a position where he can effect games enough.

He's only really started games for us as a striker, which apparently MJ made clear is what he signed him as. But whilst he showed nice touches at times, a good work rate, and of course scored that great goal at Macclesfield, I don't personally think he had enough effect on games.

That could be harsh as he obviously played his run of games when we were struggling to find our feet early in the season. Maybe he'd do better in a team with other technically good players like Embleton and Vernam who he could link up with.

I can't help but think the ideal position for Cook would be either as the attacking tip of a diamond midfield.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 14, 2019, 9:19pm; Reply: 14
Think it must be difficult for Cook as no doubt MJ sold him the idea that he'd be a regular on the team sheet and initially he was but the combination of an injury and Thomas improving his fitness, plus starting to knock a few in, pushed Cook out ..
And I'm not sure he has the pace of strength of Thomas and while MJ wants us to be a counter attacking team I can't see that suiting Cooks game at all....but I would say if MJ goes to a 3-5-2 I would be surprised to see Cook next to Thomas until Akheen has matured a little and is ready to start more games..
Woolie I think will see this season out then move on...
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 15, 2019, 1:07am; Reply: 15
It's a long season and look what we've been through with defenders the last 5 weeks or so. Cook and Woolford will get their chances.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 5:11pm