Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 13, 2019, 6:42pm

What a turnaround in form since he has taken over from the special one.

That's 6 wins out of 6 for him now after beating Tottenham 1-0 at Wembley.

Having said that De Gea kept them in the game.
Posted by: thefish, January 13, 2019, 6:44pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

Wrong forum mate.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 13, 2019, 6:47pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from thefish

Wrong forum mate.

I thought this was a open football forum......didn't realise we are only allowed to post about GTFC.......my mistake.  

Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 13, 2019, 6:55pm; Reply: 3
Ole unnerves me as he seems like a decent bloke usually anyone associated with Man U are total w@nkers!
Posted by: GrimRob, January 13, 2019, 7:22pm; Reply: 4
If ever there was a honeymoon period.....

I can never understand the obsession with having former players as manager, like the cries to bring back Macca here. He's failed at Cardiff and done OK at Molde which is a footballing backwater. Would he even be considered had he not once played for United?  Of course not he'd be lucky to even get a job in the Championship.

He'll get the job but be gone in a year.
Posted by: supertown, January 13, 2019, 7:48pm; Reply: 5
Rode their luck big style , Spurs forgot how to score
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 13, 2019, 7:58pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from GrimRob
If ever there was a honeymoon period.....

I can never understand the obsession with having former players as manager, like the cries to bring back Macca here. He's failed at Cardiff and done OK at Molde which is a footballing backwater. Would he even be considered had he not once played for United?  Of course not he'd be lucky to even get a job in the Championship.

He'll get the job but be gone in a year.

It’s all about their share price Rob.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 13, 2019, 9:19pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

Premiershite

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wmFGCPD.gif[/img]
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 13, 2019, 10:51pm; Reply: 8
They're waxing lyrical about DeGeas saves but he only had to dive for 1 shot, the rest were virtually straight at him. I might have kept a clean sheet with that sort of finishing  ;D
Posted by: lukeo, January 13, 2019, 11:06pm; Reply: 9
Not really arsed about the prem but when I was younger I followed United because of my step dad at the time and loved Ole and that season and that goal in 1999. I want him to succeed and do well as he seems a proper down to earth bloke who just speaks it how it is (heard him on the radio earlier)
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 14, 2019, 11:44am; Reply: 10
, , , , , and you gotta love that Scandi Manc accent he has going , , ,quality that
Posted by: Ipswin, January 14, 2019, 11:50am; Reply: 11
Quoted from GrimRob
I can never understand the obsession with having former players as manager .

Very often a recipe for disaster (Groves and Woods, say no more) but I like Solskjaer, unpretentious, even tempered (not Premiership type at all) would love him to get the job and succeed at it even tho it is Man U (I suspect Fergie would play an important (background) advisory role.

I notice the rumour-mongers are mentioning a move for Gareth (Mr Personality Minus) Southgate
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 14, 2019, 1:21pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
, , , , , and you gotta love that Scandi Manc accent he has going , , ,quality that

I've noticed that too

Reminds me of Molby, the Scandinavian Scouser
Posted by: LH, January 14, 2019, 6:54pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Ipswin

Very often a recipe for disaster (Groves and Woods, say no more) but I like Solskjaer, unpretentious, even tempered (not Premiership type at all) would love him to get the job and succeed at it even tho it is Man U (I suspect Fergie would play an important (background) advisory role.

I notice the rumour-mongers are mentioning a move for Gareth (Mr Personality Minus) Southgate

The rumour mongers of course being Sky Sports News who have a close working relationship with - but no direct link to - Sky Bet.
Posted by: chrissy, January 14, 2019, 7:07pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Ipswin

Martin o'Neil to Forest the latest , now who has played for Huddlesfield ?
Posted by: norfuk mariner, January 14, 2019, 7:40pm; Reply: 15
Steve Bruce ???
Posted by: stuart brace was king, January 14, 2019, 7:46pm; Reply: 16
Can we have a thread about LahdeDah Gunner Graham?  😂😂😂
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 14, 2019, 8:13pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from norfuk mariner
Steve Bruce ???

New manager of Sheff Wednesday.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2019, 8:36pm; Reply: 18
'Udders looking for a new manager now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46864005
Posted by: Abdul19, January 14, 2019, 9:55pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from chrissy

Martin o'Neil to Forest the latest , now who has played for Huddlesfield ?

My money's on Phil Starbuck.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 14, 2019, 10:09pm; Reply: 20
I agree with some of what Paul Ince says who writes off the change in results to the honeymoon effect and says virtually anyone could have done it.

OGS has changed the mood which needed doing and maybe that has made the players more relaxed like you sometimes see when a side is definite to be relegated and suddenly plays better than it has all season. But the players have been unprofessional this season and if pillocks  like Pogba can behave like that for one manager, they can do it for another if they get the hump about something he says or does. I wouldn’t trust him or some of the others if the going gets tough again and the present run of luck runs out.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 9:33pm