Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 139847 (Guest), January 12, 2019, 8:18pm
I thought Ring played well -was really quite shaky and made a few errors to start off (very understandable, new club, new country etc) , but he really grew into the game, you could tell he knew he'd not started well, and instead of losing confidence, he showed a bit of steel and got stuck in, liked his attacking runs and direct play. Though he could have crossed it a bit more and perhaps panicked a bit under pressure. I was worried that when I saw Mitch warning up that MJ was going to take ring off! Also thought that öhman didn't really lay a foot wrong when he came on, good areal presence, strong and physical - really steadied the ship... - some positives from an otherwise uninspired performance
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 12, 2019, 8:24pm; Reply: 1
Have to say Ring looked more at ease with Vernham than Pringle, they seemed to be more positive together than the latter..
Ohman looked immense in the air, his headers are powerful and clears the lines quite impressively, all in all pretty good debuts from them both...
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 12, 2019, 8:26pm; Reply: 2

"Debuts"........Paul Wilkinson's wasn't too shabby, scored for Town with his first touch of the ball I think.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 12, 2019, 8:33pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

"Debuts"........Paul Wilkinson's wasn't too shabby, scored for Town with his first touch of the ball I think.

As did Peter Bore, possibly less famously.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 12, 2019, 8:49pm; Reply: 4
New Country, new life , new club , new team mates , new league , not played a game in  few weeks ...both slotted in superbly i thought.  

Ring second half was firing passes with some accuracy, and happy to do that to players who were in tight spots...two things, he obviously has the technical ability to do so but i think that also shows that he expects the reciever to handle the pass...a sign that he has played with technically good players.
Think of Dixon and Fox's distribution and to me he has shown a level above that this afternoon. Very promising.

Ludwig - from the Ponny couldnt get much sense of his positioning or organisational sense but he certainly was ok in the air.
Posted by: LH, January 12, 2019, 8:58pm; Reply: 5
Not sure if he was bollocksed or just showing a bit of higher level experience towards the end but Ring did well to win a tackle on the sideline after looking like he wasn’t going to get anywhere near the man. Showed he’s a bit shall we say streetwise a couple of times too and I think he’ll win us a few wide freekicks. Öhman looks imposing and was good in the air - which are both pretty good attributes for League Two.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 12, 2019, 9:19pm; Reply: 6
I reckon Ring did well considering he's not played for a while, like the way he backs himself to go forward and can see a pass. Looked knackered in the last 20 but that's to be expected but made up for it with good application. With him on board and the signing of Hendrie you can see MJ want us to get in behind sides.

Ludwig I'm sure didn't expect to get on hard to tell but he did o.k. considering. Big strong and imposing would like to see if he's got any form of pace though but either way a good signing. I can see him being a great decoy at corners for others to nip in and score.

In a snapshot today they look like promising additions.      
Posted by: pyfish, January 13, 2019, 9:14am; Reply: 7
Both looked really decent after not really knowing what to expect from them. Ring slotted into the side perfectly and for a first game, definitely impressed. There were a few wayward long balls to Pringle but that was more a lazy day for Pringle than a bad performance for the Swede.

Ohman looked solid too when he came on. If he had more match minutes under his belt he would have started and definitely given their number 10 a run for his money.
Posted by: speedy, January 13, 2019, 9:17am; Reply: 8
Very hard to judge considering neither have played for a while. Personally was more impressed by the CB who looked very composed and seemed to have good positional awareness off and on the ball. Thought Ring looked ok and steady after the first 15 minutes. Not convinced by his throwings though! very soft and will give away a few foul throws if it continues.
Posted by: Elgringo87, January 13, 2019, 9:45am; Reply: 9
Hopefully Öhman will batter akinde( legally ) all over next Saturday
Posted by: Maringer, January 13, 2019, 9:54am; Reply: 10
Ring looked very confident on the ball as well, which is what we need if we're going to try and play through midfield. Perhaps a little too confident at times though he did manoeuvre himself into positions where he won soft free-kicks when in trouble. I have a feeling he may get caught out from time to time when doing this but as long as he only tries it further up the field, we'll probably get away with it.  He did well to last the game but it remains to be seen how good Ohmans's fitness levels are at present.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 13, 2019, 10:24am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Elgringo87
Hopefully Öhman will batter akinde( legally ) all over next Saturday

Hopefully, with the others available, we won't need him till he's fully fit.
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 7:42am