Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 11, 2019, 9:20pm
Lincoln City’s new training ground is on the A15 opposite RAF Scampton. There’s a sizeable lay-by/bus stop adjacent to it and the hedgerows between the training ground and the road are very sparse this time of year and easy to see through. Would be very easy to park a lorry or any tall vehicle and record their training sessions for the whole of next week and plan accordingly. Personally I don’t see it as cheating as wouldn’t involve trespassing on private property. Thoughts?
Posted by: chaos33, January 11, 2019, 9:21pm; Reply: 1
Sorry i'll be at work or looking after kids. You do it.
Posted by: thefish, January 11, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 2
I don’t think it’ll be a massive shock to us how they play...
Posted by: ska face, January 11, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Lincoln City’s new training ground is on the A15 opposite RAF Scampton. There’s a sizeable lay-by/bus stop adjacent to it and the hedgerows between the training ground and the road are very sparse this time of year and easy to see through. Would be very easy to park a lorry or any tall vehicle and record their training sessions for the whole of next week and plan accordingly. Personally I don’t see it as cheating as wouldn’t involve trespassing on private property. Thoughts?

Seek help immediately.
Posted by: LH, January 11, 2019, 9:34pm; Reply: 4
It wouldn’t be unusual to have oddballs in anoraks with jamjar glasses peering through hedgerows up there to be honest. They’re usually looking at the other side of the road and noting down tail numbers though.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 11, 2019, 9:48pm; Reply: 5
You’ll get a crocked next watching the balls go up 100ft
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 11, 2019, 9:49pm; Reply: 6

Only clubs like Leeds would think of something like that   :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 11, 2019, 9:52pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
You’ll get a crocked next watching the balls go up 100ft

What I was thinking was you'll be able to watch it even when the hedgerows are full of foliage.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 11, 2019, 9:55pm; Reply: 8
Someone ought to warn the red arrows that high flying objects could hinder their aerobatic training.

Nearly a bad as drones ffs.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, January 11, 2019, 9:57pm; Reply: 9
Didn't think the RAF would allow Lincoln's training ground so close to aircraft.

Not to mention the close proximity of a drone.......and his brother.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 11, 2019, 10:00pm; Reply: 10

Just a warning when spying on them.........don't worry if you feel the ground shake like there's an earthquake behind the hedgerows....it's only Rhead going down feigning injury.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 11, 2019, 10:04pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Ironic that they train where the Air Force are famous as most of their football happens in the air!
Posted by: wigworld, January 11, 2019, 10:34pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from GollyGTFC
and the hedgerows between the training ground and the road are very sparse this time of year and easy to see through.

I used to do this at 'the sports ground' at Ashby-cum-Fenby. The police took a dim view of it.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 11, 2019, 11:33pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from wigworld

I used to do this at 'the sports ground' at Ashby-cum-Fenby. The police took a dim view of it.

And I always though the middle word in that name was Latin for 'with'.
Posted by: Spatchcock, January 12, 2019, 6:34am; Reply: 14
Quoted from KingstonMariner

And I always though the middle word in that name was Latin for 'with'.

I thought it was old English for 'I'm nearly there' 😏
Posted by: ponnyfan, January 12, 2019, 6:51am; Reply: 15
Ffs 😂
Posted by: golfer, January 12, 2019, 8:59am; Reply: 16
Golly to report to the headmasters study
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 5:13am