Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 11, 2019, 6:57pm
What a bunch of biggoted gits....
2 minutes all about Hull and how good  it iis that Adkins n Bowen got manager and player of the month respectively and  Jolley gets a foot note....living in Hull with a Hull a bird as I do has really got my goat!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 11, 2019, 7:50pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
2 minutes all about Hull and how good  it iis that Adkins n Bowen got manager and player of the month respectively and  Jolley gets a foot note....living in Hull with a Hull a bird as I do has really got my goat!!

Ah, yes, Hull. The town were men are men. And goats are scared.
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 11, 2019, 7:51pm; Reply: 2

What's got your goat, the amount of coverage on Hull or living in a Hull with a Hull bird?
Posted by: gaz57, January 11, 2019, 7:56pm; Reply: 3

Your just kidding really?
Posted by: sydney, January 11, 2019, 8:07pm; Reply: 4
Really?
Why are u surprised about “Look Hull”
We Stopped watching it
Posted by: ginnywings, January 11, 2019, 8:18pm; Reply: 5
BBC are just as bad. No mention of any awards outside the Prem. Mind you, football no longer exists outside the Prem, does it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46843525
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 11, 2019, 8:33pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Gaffer58

What's got your goat, the amount of coverage on Hull or living in a Hull with a Hull bird?

Both!!
Posted by: Ruston AT, January 12, 2019, 8:22am; Reply: 7
So when we get promotion and it will happen, 'look hull' will come wanting to fill their programme with news we just say no thanks.......simples.
Only problem with that is there are egos within the club that love the glory if you catch my drift.
Posted by: LH, January 12, 2019, 9:14am; Reply: 8
They obviously embargo the results of MOTM/POTM and present them at the press conferences the day before for the result to be shared publicly on the Friday. Town announced Jolley at 0600 yesterday morning but there’s pictures of him with his award (I know he’s commited but there’s no need to be at Cheapside before 0600 for anyone!). I wouldn’t read too much into this as bias it’s just down to luck and where Look North went for their coverage this week. If we go back a week Town were the main talking point as we were playing in the highest ranked competition.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 12, 2019, 10:12am; Reply: 9
What did you expect with Look North Bank 😉
Posted by: Mallyner, January 12, 2019, 10:38am; Reply: 10

Gert.  :)
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 12, 2019, 6:23pm; Reply: 11
They like their goats tied up in Hull.
Posted by: rancido, January 13, 2019, 8:54am; Reply: 12
Unfortunately this is the downside of living in the close proximity to a city, especially one that seems " on the up ". They get all the major publicity and we get the scraps! It doesn't help when they still revel in the limelight of their " City of Culture " award ( such a misnomer for Hull! ) plus all the business news emerging from the  Siemens development. The only publicity we seem to get highlights the problems that we have with under investment, a low wage economy and social problems.
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 4:31pm