Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, January 11, 2019, 6:41pm
Match being shown live in Mcmenenys after being approved to broadcast it.

£10 a ticket and there hoping for a minimum of 150 to be sold to make ends meet,

Tickets on sale in club shop from tomorrow.

With a lot missing out on actually tickets to go to Sincil Bank are many off here interested in going? Be good to put some faces to names.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, January 11, 2019, 6:55pm; Reply: 1
Shame it’s not on big screen on the pitch with fans in the upper could create a bit of atmosphere
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 11, 2019, 7:00pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Shame it’s not on big screen on the pitch with fans in the upper could create a bit of atmosphere

Shame it's not available on iFollow for £10

Posted by: H19P1, January 11, 2019, 7:11pm; Reply: 3
I agree that a big screen like at the races would be ideal.

In front of the upper would sell like hot cakes and put money into the club.

Come on Town let's get on this
Posted by: ska face, January 11, 2019, 7:43pm; Reply: 4
How much do you think one of those massive screens would cost to hire? And then asking people to sit in the cold/rain/wind/snow when they could be sat in a warm bar instead...

Maybe something for April or May.
Posted by: Tradjazz, January 11, 2019, 7:45pm; Reply: 5
i-follow already sorted by your IPTV supplier for next SATURDAY 19th JANUARY 2019

AFC Wimbledon Vs Barnsley (19/1/19)

Blackburn Rovers Vs Ipswich Town (19/1/19)

Bolton Wanderers Vs West Bromwich Albion (19/1/19)

Bristol Rovers Vs Wycombe Wanderers (19/1/19)

Cambridge United Vs Northampton Town (19/1/19)

Carlisle Vs Cheltenham (19/1/19)

Crawley Town Vs Port Vale (19/1/19)

Derby County Vs Reading (19/1/19)

Gillingham Vs Walsall (19/1/19)

Lincoln City Vs Grimsby Town (19/1/19)

Middlesbrough Vs Millwall (19/1/19)

Newport County Vs Exeter City (19/1/19)

Oxford United Vs Portsmouth (19/1/19)

Plymouth Vs Coventry (19/1/19)

Queens Park Rangers Vs Preston North End (19/1/19)

Scunthorpe Vs Sunderland (19/1/19)

Swansea City Vs Sheffield United (19/1/19)

Sheffield Wednesday Vs Wigan Athletic (19/1/19)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 11, 2019, 7:49pm; Reply: 6
To be fair to the club, this is another small step in the right direction.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 11, 2019, 7:51pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from KingstonMariner
To be fair to the club, this is another small step in the right direction.

This
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 11, 2019, 7:53pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Tradjazz
i-follow already sorted by your IPTV supplier for next SATURDAY 19th JANUARY 2019

AFC Wimbledon Vs Barnsley (19/1/19)

Blackburn Rovers Vs Ipswich Town (19/1/19)

Bolton Wanderers Vs West Bromwich Albion (19/1/19)

Bristol Rovers Vs Wycombe Wanderers (19/1/19)

Cambridge United Vs Northampton Town (19/1/19)

Carlisle Vs Cheltenham (19/1/19)

Crawley Town Vs Port Vale (19/1/19)

Derby County Vs Reading (19/1/19)

Gillingham Vs Walsall (19/1/19)

Lincoln City Vs Grimsby Town (19/1/19)

Middlesbrough Vs Millwall (19/1/19)

Newport County Vs Exeter City (19/1/19)

Oxford United Vs Portsmouth (19/1/19)

Plymouth Vs Coventry (19/1/19)

Queens Park Rangers Vs Preston North End (19/1/19)

Scunthorpe Vs Sunderland (19/1/19)

Swansea City Vs Sheffield United (19/1/19)

Sheffield Wednesday Vs Wigan Athletic (19/1/19)

So buy the IPTV via a day pass and just start watching on my i pad right?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 11, 2019, 8:12pm; Reply: 9
Think it's right to point out that IPTV is not exactly kosher for those that are concerned with such matters.  ;)
Posted by: lukeo, January 11, 2019, 8:41pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89
Match being shown live in Mcmenenys after being approved to broadcast it.

£10 a ticket and there hoping for a minimum of 150 to be sold to make ends meet,

Tickets on sale in club shop from tomorrow.

With a lot missing out on actually tickets to go to Sincil Bank are many off here interested in going? Be good to put some faces to names.

To make ends meet? What does that mean? £1,500 before drinks are bought, it doesn't cost that much to broadcast it... I think it is an amazing idea and should be done as often as possible, especially for a game like Lincoln away. I should hope more than 150 will go, if I was around I know I would (providing I didn't get my hands on a ticket for the game itself)
Posted by: mariner83, January 11, 2019, 11:09pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from lukeo

To make ends meet? What does that mean? £1,500 before drinks are bought, it doesn't cost that much to broadcast it...

I know pubs have to pay £££ to broadcast sports (legally) so would imagine its similar for this.  Then there's associated costs with opening the bar, staff wages, utilities etc...
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 11, 2019, 11:30pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from lukeo

To make ends meet? What does that mean? £1,500 before drinks are bought, it doesn't cost that much to broadcast it... I think it is an amazing idea and should be done as often as possible, especially for a game like Lincoln away. I should hope more than 150 will go, if I was around I know I would (providing I didn't get my hands on a ticket for the game itself)

Do you remember the other week saying you never pay for Sky etc, yet you go in pubs to watch football? Did you think your beer money was just paying for the beer?
Posted by: lukeo, January 12, 2019, 6:00am; Reply: 13
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Do you remember the other week saying you never pay for Sky etc, yet you go in pubs to watch football? Did you think your beer money was just paying for the beer?

I don't drink alcohol or go to pubs unless I'm at a town away game or I'm popping back with my team mates after our game on Saturdays. Obviously everything makes a profit to go towards maintenances, upkeep, staffing etc but I don't get your point? Am I missing something here..
Posted by: sydney, January 12, 2019, 9:55am; Reply: 14
Great idea by the club and atmosphere in there will be great
Would drive over to partake but last night managed to secure 2 tickets for Lincoln Game in the (SRP) stand
Now can someone talk us through this sitting on your hands thing 😁😁
Posted by: Mallyner, January 12, 2019, 10:48am; Reply: 15
Quoted from ska face
How much do you think one of those massive screens would cost to hire? And then asking people to sit in the cold/rain/wind/snow when they could be sat in a warm bar instead...

Maybe something for April or May.

The forecast for here next Saturday is between 0 and 4 degrees c.

Flashers are going to have to describe themselves.  ;)
Posted by: kamakazebear, January 12, 2019, 12:26pm; Reply: 16
Will it be on at the coachhouse? Much rather sit and watch it there
Posted by: Chips44, January 17, 2019, 9:45am; Reply: 17
Well , I'm watching the game in McMenemy's .
Any other Fishy Posters going to be there ?
Posted by: Paris Mariner, January 17, 2019, 10:42am; Reply: 18
Quoted from promotion plaice

Shame it's not available on iFollow for £10

It will be on ifollow in UK surely? Outside of 14:45-17:15 blackout.
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, January 17, 2019, 11:55am; Reply: 19
Quoted from sydney
Great idea by the club and atmosphere in there will be great
Would drive over to partake but last night managed to secure 2 tickets for Lincoln Game in the (SRP) stand
Now can someone talk us through this sitting on your hands thing 😁😁

That is bright, going in the family stand with Families and children.

Posted by: Youngy, January 17, 2019, 12:25pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from lukeo

Somebody from the club posted on Facebook that it's over £1000 for the beam back as they have to hire a separate crew to essentially stream it as a direct beam back to the club. It's not being streamed from any TV or net stream, it's being transmitted by satellite from Sincil Bank to BP
Posted by: lukeo, January 17, 2019, 1:10pm; Reply: 21
Well played to the club trying to get more fans to be able to watch the game.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 17, 2019, 1:24pm; Reply: 22
Yep me + 1 having a dabble I couldn`t get a ticket for SB so this is the next best thing.Well done GTFC for putting it on and LCFC for agreeing to it shows both Clubs trying to cater for supporters as best they can given the capacity issue. With the increase in support for the Imps both Clubs now suffer with demand outstripping supply when it comes to away tickets for this fixture and nice to see the Clubs working together in this way.
Posted by: Garth, January 17, 2019, 3:15pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Chips44
Well , I'm watching the game in McMenemy's .
Any other Fishy Posters going to be there ?

Yeh! two here
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 17, 2019, 8:48pm; Reply: 24

That is bright, going in the family stand with Families and children.

Well I have done it on more than one occasion. I guess as you’re a gimp I’ll have to spell it out. When your own team sells it’s full allocation (new concept for you obviously) within hours of going on sale, you have to look elsewhere.  Getting a ticket in the home end at Sinful W@nk is the next option (and up to this year virtually guaranteed). So if you are actually going for the match and not trouble, you pick a stand where there will be little chance of trouble. Ie: the family stand. On both occasions there were at least 100 Town in that stand and not a hint of trouble. Even when fatty Rhead wound up Gowling before hitting the deck like a huge sack of excrement. And the Gimps magnificently holding  on for a draw against 10 man Town.  So yes, going in the family stand is quite bright.  Unlike yourself 😕
Posted by: oochiad, January 17, 2019, 9:19pm; Reply: 25
Yes I concur. I was also in that stand with 100 or so Town and no hint of trouble at all. UTM!!
Posted by: MarinerWY, January 17, 2019, 10:46pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Youngy

Somebody from the club posted on Facebook that it's over £1000 for the beam back as they have to hire a separate crew to essentially stream it as a direct beam back to the club. It's not being streamed from any TV or net stream, it's being transmitted by satellite from Sincil Bank to BP

Is it not on ifollow at all even for those abroad?
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 17, 2019, 11:09pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Youngy

My understanding is it is being transmitted through the Ifollow network.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 17, 2019, 11:25pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from lukeo

I don't drink alcohol or go to pubs unless I'm at a town away game or I'm popping back with my team mates after our game on Saturdays. Obviously everything makes a profit to go towards maintenances, upkeep, staffing etc but I don't get your point? Am I missing something here..

The general point is it costs money to put on. Someone will have to do 'something technical' at both grounds (I have no clue what) and then there's the staff in McMenemy's. Maybe there's some bit of kit they need too. Could soon eat into £1500.

If a load of people turn up but don't drink then its out of pocket (we've all seen pubs clear as soon as the Manu/Liverpool game has finished and there's not a lot of empty glasses on the tables). There'll be a limit on the number of people who they are allowed to have in McMenemy's under the licence. Don't know if 150 is that number, but if they need to make £10 extra profit on drinks off them then that's a LOT of drinks per head for a 2 hour window.

Different for a pub because they've got staff in anyway and even though their Sky subs will run to £000s per year which your drink (also or soft) pays for, they've got all year to make the money back.
Posted by: Kristine, January 18, 2019, 3:36pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from arryarryarry

My understanding is it is being transmitted through the Ifollow network.

No its not, the EFL wouldn't let that be used hence needing a technician and other kit to sort it.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 18, 2019, 4:29pm; Reply: 30
The Mariners Trust posted this earlier with some explanation of the effort gone into organising the beaming back:

"If you are not lucky enough to be going to Lincoln tomorrow you can still watch the match live in McMenemy's. Cost is £10 and doors open at 11.30am.
We have been involved in making this happen and we have seen first hand the lengths the club have had to go to so that the match can be shown. First of all permission was needed from the EFL and although they wouldn't allow transmission of Ifollow they did agree to beam back via ADI TV. This comes at a cost which totals slightly under £1500 hence the need to charge £10. In the unlikely event that the club make any money on this then it will be given to the YDA. The club have to treat this as an official EFL event and therefore complete a match return and pay the EFL a small % of the proceeds. It is also worth pointing out that the taxman takes 20% of the entrance fee in VAT
To set the beam back up the club have had to have an engineer from ADI TV in to set up the link and then the club staff and volunteers have had to put in various cabling and boxes to get the link to the screens. That has taken considerable time and effort.
We are aware that that some establishments show the games using Ifollow or IPTV. All we can say is that they are doing so illegally and in some cases have been officially warned and are been closely monitored. If some choose to support these there is nothing we can do about it but we hope most will recognise and support the efforts of ourselves and the club. Tickets are available from the club office and online here: https://www.mcmenemys.co.uk/…/lincoln-city-beam-back-12th-j….

Here's hoping for a good result. UTM."
Posted by: Stadium, January 18, 2019, 5:00pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
The Mariners Trust posted this earlier with some explanation of the effort gone into organising the beaming back:

"If you are not lucky enough to be going to Lincoln tomorrow you can still watch the match live in McMenemy's. Cost is £10 and doors open at 11.30am.
We have been involved in making this happen and we have seen first hand the lengths the club have had to go to so that the match can be shown. First of all permission was needed from the EFL and although they wouldn't allow transmission of Ifollow they did agree to beam back via ADI TV. This comes at a cost which totals slightly under £1500 hence the need to charge £10. In the unlikely event that the club make any money on this then it will be given to the YDA. The club have to treat this as an official EFL event and therefore complete a match return and pay the EFL a small % of the proceeds. It is also worth pointing out that the taxman takes 20% of the entrance fee in VAT
To set the beam back up the club have had to have an engineer from ADI TV in to set up the link and then the club staff and volunteers have had to put in various cabling and boxes to get the link to the screens. That has taken considerable time and effort.
We are aware that that some establishments show the games using Ifollow or IPTV. All we can say is that they are doing so illegally and in some cases have been officially warned and are been closely monitored. If some choose to support these there is nothing we can do about it but we hope most will recognise and support the efforts of ourselves and the club. Tickets are available from the club office and online here: https://www.mcmenemys.co.uk/…/lincoln-city-beam-back-12th-j….

Here's hoping for a good result. UTM."

So to confirm ifollow is available for overseas subscribers ??
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 18, 2019, 9:01pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Kristine

No its not, the EFL wouldn't let that be used hence needing a technician and other kit to sort it.

"We have been involved in making this happen and we have seen first hand the lengths the club have had to go to so that the match can be shown. First of all permission was needed from the EFL and although they wouldn't allow transmission of Ifollow they did agree to beam back via ADI TV."

The ADI TV network is where the games are filmed by a single camera and sent back by a dedicated feed. This is the feed that is used for all Ifollow games, so like I said the game being shown is being sent back to the ADI point within Blundell Park and then the club will have somehow got the feed from there to McMenemys, it is not being sent via satellite.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, January 19, 2019, 12:43pm; Reply: 33
So...is there anyway of watching it live?
Posted by: Toppy, January 19, 2019, 12:57pm; Reply: 34
Ifollow is working in Denmark. UTM
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 19, 2019, 1:10pm; Reply: 35

Decided to watch it at BP last minute, there's a fair few in here.
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, January 19, 2019, 6:13pm; Reply: 36
I watched the game in there and was pleasantly surprised by how many attended. Well done to the club for putting it on. UTM
Posted by: lukeo, January 20, 2019, 11:19pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails
I watched the game in there and was pleasantly surprised by how many attended. Well done to the club for putting it on. UTM

Good to see, hope the club made a tiny profit from it and didn't lose out.
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, January 21, 2019, 5:26pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from lukeo

Good to see, hope the club made a tiny profit from it and didn't lose out.

Hope So too. Any profit is being donated to the YDA. 👌
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 11:32pm