Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 139847 (Guest), January 11, 2019, 10:18am
Just seen this in the telegraph, anyone heard anything on this - is there any substance? - I usually take all 'social media' rumors with a massive pinch of salt!

However, an interesting social media thread hinted that Jolley is a long-term admirer of Finland striker Eero Markkanen.

Standing close to 2m tall, the 27-year-old has played for several clubs in the Allsvenskan, as well as his national team. According to one Finnish newspaper, he is attracting interest from several clubs this window, across several nations.

Once signed by Real Madrid, the article suggests that (at least) one club from England is interested in Markkanen. It may be a case of putting two and two together, but according to the player’s agent, Jolley is thought to be aware of the player.

Posted by: Hagrid, January 11, 2019, 10:22am; Reply: 1
Interesting! Probably nothing but always good fun
Posted by: Poojah, January 11, 2019, 10:25am; Reply: 2
Certainly an interesting one. According to Wiki:

“In September 2014, he was chosen for Real Madrid's 25-man squad for the UEFA Champions League, but did not make any appearances.”

That’s not bad going. Must have something about him for sure.
Posted by: 139847 (Guest), January 11, 2019, 10:28am; Reply: 3
at 6ft 6" , he'd certainly give us that aerial presence that we seem to lack up top. -Davis is our only real areal threat with crosses into the box
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 11, 2019, 10:33am; Reply: 4
All I could say if we land him is Loistava! tama on helvetti allekirjoitamisesta.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 11, 2019, 10:43am; Reply: 5
Doesn't appear to have stayed anywhere for any length of time and not played that many games over the past 2 or 3 years, but his goals to appearance record  in the past is not too bad..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eero_Markkanen
Posted by: RoboCod, January 11, 2019, 10:46am; Reply: 6
Nearly 2 metres tall??? Lincoln bound..... ::)
Posted by: Youngy, January 11, 2019, 11:02am; Reply: 7
One in 3 scoring record (51 in 163), does seem abit of a journeymen but that might be more because he's only ever been offered short term deals. Could offer us something very different to what we already have.
Posted by: davmariner, January 11, 2019, 11:03am; Reply: 8
Quoted from RoboCod
Nearly 2 metres tall??? Lincoln bound..... ::)

Only if he’s two metres wide as well.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 11, 2019, 11:04am; Reply: 9
I think we definitely need some height in the team. At 6"6 he would be a great asset in both boxes.
Posted by: Maringer, January 11, 2019, 11:41am; Reply: 10
He might be one of those odd strikers you get from time to time who are massively tall but can't jump and are therefore crap in the air.
Posted by: LH, January 11, 2019, 12:24pm; Reply: 11
He’s not Finnish - he’s 27.
Posted by: Bigdog, January 11, 2019, 12:31pm; Reply: 12
He's not Finnish - he's nearly 14 stone..
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 11, 2019, 12:42pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Bigdog
He's not Finnish - he's nearly 14 stone..

6'6 and 14 stone, I'd call that a stream of urine...

Posted by: Andy_worldwide_mariner, January 11, 2019, 3:21pm; Reply: 14
Hi fellow Mariners!

Been a while since I posted on here. I'm actually friends with Eero, I've been on at him for around 2 years to sign for Town. I understand that he is aware of our interest. He has a girlfriend that would need to relocate as well which would have an impact in his decision but he is keen to try playing in England.

Let's see what happens, I'll keep harassing him!

UTM
Posted by: chrissy, January 11, 2019, 3:33pm; Reply: 15
Hi fellow Mariners!

Been a while since I posted on here. I'm actually friends with Eero, I've been on at him for around 2 years to sign for Town. I understand that he is aware of our interest. He has a girlfriend that would need to relocate as well which would have an impact in his decision but he is keen to try playing in England.

UTM

Tell her we have the best fish and chips in the country and Cleethorpes has the best beach,

Just keep working on her Andy.

Don't forget to mention we have the best fans in the country as well.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 11, 2019, 3:45pm; Reply: 16
I'm sure that if he does sign, we've got a ready made tune to adapt into a song for him!  ;)

[youtube]bWcASV2sey0[/youtube]
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 11, 2019, 3:50pm; Reply: 17
Hi fellow Mariners!

UTM

She’ll move. Finnish women love British blokes ;-)

Not sure you should tell Eero that though.
Posted by: gytone, January 11, 2019, 4:08pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from KingstonMariner

She’ll move. Finnish women love British blokes ;-)

Not sure you should tell Eero that though.

You speaking from experience 😉👍
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 11, 2019, 4:17pm; Reply: 19
All I could say if we land him is Loistava! tama on helvetti allekirjoitamisesta[b][/b].

Erm... Is the answer brown?
Posted by: RoboCod, January 11, 2019, 4:26pm; Reply: 20
What size boot does he take? Asking for a (female) friend(icon_redface)
Posted by: Trickytrev, January 11, 2019, 4:36pm; Reply: 21
Loistava! tama on helvetti allekirjoitamisesta

A quick translation .-

Glorious! this is hell signing  ;)

or words to that effect
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 11, 2019, 4:40pm; Reply: 22
Isn't Sir Trevor Brooking's wife Finnish?  (Trawls old memories of football trivia).

He should be a good role model.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 11, 2019, 5:10pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Trickytrev
Loistava! tama on helvetti allekirjoitamisesta

A quick translation .-

Brilliant! this is hell of a signing  ;)

See my edit above. That’s what I meant to say. I will have to check with my tutor!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 11, 2019, 5:15pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from gytone

You speaking from experience 😉👍

Yes and no.
Posted by: Poojah, January 11, 2019, 6:40pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Les Brechin
I'm sure that if he does sign, we've got a ready made tune to adapt into a song for him!  ;)

[youtube]bWcASV2sey0[/youtube]

With Öhman’s ‘man after midnight’ tribute and now this, are we trying for some sort of record for homoerotic football chants?

Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 11, 2019, 7:52pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

6'6 and 14 stone, I'd call that a stream of urine...

If you think he's lanky, should see his brother. Over 7 foot (plays in the NBA, and their old man played basketball professionally too). The family are the local weather forecasters. They get to feel the weather before anyone else.
Posted by: gaz57, January 11, 2019, 8:05pm; Reply: 27

If you think he's lanky, should see his brother. Over 7 foot (plays in the NBA, and their old man played basketball professionally too). The family are the local weather forecasters. They get to feel the weather before anyone else.

If his brother comes to watch him I hope he doesn't get the seat in front of me.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, January 12, 2019, 5:15pm; Reply: 28
Well it’s exactly what we have missed all season someone who can win a header upfront or hold the ball up we need someone up top with Wes and have done for a while today was a prime example of that we didn’t win one header up top all game the ball was coming back to the defence far too easy 1 upfront at home is no good You can accept it away but at home come on !!!
Posted by: Meza, January 12, 2019, 5:17pm; Reply: 29
Yeah we definitely need another option.  Shame Cardwell was injured as im sure he would have played.  
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 12, 2019, 5:25pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from RoboCod
What size boot does he take? Asking for a (female) friend(icon_redface)

I don’t know about him.

But these size 13’s are pinching my feet like fcuk 😉
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, January 12, 2019, 5:27pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Civvy at last

I don’t know about him.

But these size 13’s are pinching my feet like fcuk 😉

Perhaps you should start wearing Adult size 1s .
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 12, 2019, 6:31pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Cambs Mariner

Perhaps you should start wearing Adult size 1s .

I would, but they have the proper shoe lace things. And I’ve only just learned how to do these Velcro fasteners 😉
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 12, 2019, 8:51pm; Reply: 33
Told today we are/were interested in Markkanen and he was initially interested but he's now going elsewhere!
Posted by: Ipswin, January 12, 2019, 9:01pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Told today we are/were interested in Markkanen and he was initially interested but he's now going elsewhere!

I can't understand it, slummed it at the Bernabeu and turned down Blundell Park, has he no ambition?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 13, 2019, 1:33pm; Reply: 35
In all seriousness we really do need a striker desperately I suggest. It is OK to say goals are being shared out .........  as long as we are actually scoring but we have only 29 goals this season. The 5 teams with less goals are all below us and we have now failed to score in 270 minutes. Yes, last week at Palace is forgivable but yesterday we were favourites and needed to be on the front foot.

The next 3 games are against the current 1st, 3rd and 7th in the division and if we do not get goals I doubt we will get points, we all know we could back on the downhill side of the roller coaster. To get consistency in results we need a reliable striker which would allow those goals from midfield to be a bonus.
Posted by: golfer, January 13, 2019, 3:05pm; Reply: 36
Out of all the strikers on the books if I had a choice I would only keep Thomas- think we need better
Posted by: Andy_worldwide_mariner, January 13, 2019, 3:21pm; Reply: 37
Hi fellow Mariners!

I've been messaging with Eero and unfortunately I don't think he's signing us us. I think he's got a few offers on the table. I wouldn't rule it out in the future, he is keen to play in England.

I'll keep on at him anyway, you never know 😉

UTM!!
Posted by: Ipswin, January 13, 2019, 4:09pm; Reply: 38
Hi fellow Mariners!

I've been messaging with Eero and unfortunately I don't think he's signing us us. I think he's got a few offers on the table. I wouldn't rule it out in the future, he is keen to play in England.

UTM!!

I don't suppose you're a mate of Padraig Amond by any chance are you?

Posted by: wigworld, January 13, 2019, 4:13pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from golfer
Out of all the strikers on the books if I had a choice I would only keep Thomas- think we need better

Vernam?

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 13, 2019, 4:17pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from wigworld

Vernam?

What is Vernams best position as a matter of interest? A very skilful player, but we cannot seem to get him on the ball enough to do damage.
Posted by: Yoda, January 13, 2019, 4:29pm; Reply: 41
Desperately need a striker and someone with some height.
We are a team of midgets.
I thought the Macclesfield striker Smith was it, had a good game.
I would go for him.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 13, 2019, 8:55pm; Reply: 42
So having trawled through 5 pages it appears those 5 pages were based on someone reporting "Jolley was aware of him".

Based on that i wonder if Zlatan might be joining us this window   ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 13, 2019, 10:57pm; Reply: 43
Hi fellow Mariners!

UTM!!

I told you not to tell him Finnish women like British men  ;D
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 13, 2019, 11:58pm; Reply: 44
We need another body up front. Someone who wins every aerial challenge so we can make the ball stick a bit more and prevent it coming back so quickly.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 14, 2019, 9:37am; Reply: 45
Quoted from jamesgtfc
We need another body up front. Someone who wins every aerial challenge so we can make the ball stick a bit more and prevent it coming back so quickly.

I really liked the look of Harry Smith in our away game vs Macclesfield and he impressed again on Saturday.

He's a unit (6'6 or something daft) but for a big man is fairly quick and good with the ball at his feet also!

Probably won't happen as he's under contract at Macc but somebody of that ilk would add a new dimension to our attack IMO!
Posted by: coddy60, January 17, 2019, 6:19pm; Reply: 46
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSM_Makassar

Just seen who the lad signed for, they must be paying well over in Indonesia!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 17, 2019, 7:08pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from coddy60
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSM_Makassar

Just seen who the lad signed for, they must be paying well over in Indonesia!

He'll be a bloody giant over there!
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 7:52pm