Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 11, 2019, 7:18am
Rumours he may be joining from Notts county
Posted by: Davec, January 11, 2019, 7:37am; Reply: 1
Another defender
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 11, 2019, 7:39am; Reply: 2
Yes a defender
Posted by: Abdul19, January 11, 2019, 7:44am; Reply: 3
Not the most inspiring name on paper (now I've looked up who he is), but if it's true then good luck to the lad etc
Posted by: Meza, January 11, 2019, 7:50am; Reply: 4
I've always rated him since his Eastleigh days.  A no bull crap defender. Marks tightly and vocal.  Good signing in my eyes if true.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 11, 2019, 7:57am; Reply: 5
Only rumour but very athletic and would easily fit wage structure so could be true
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 11, 2019, 8:04am; Reply: 6
Do we really need yet another defender though in all truthfulness??...
Personally I would rather have seen another midfielder/striker through the doors, but if no one else signed before 31st I'm really happy with the squad we have right now..
Posted by: golfer, January 11, 2019, 8:14am; Reply: 7
Good luck to him but am still waiting for a fast winger
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 11, 2019, 8:14am; Reply: 8
That would leave us with 6 centre half's.... Famewo going back to Luton perhaps?
Posted by: Stew0_0, January 11, 2019, 8:19am; Reply: 9
Isnt Turley cureently in Countys 1st team. Seem to think he was there best defender.
Cant see it happening unless Famewo heading back to Luton.
Also what message would that send to Mattie Pollock. He'd be even further down the pecking order.
Posted by: Meza, January 11, 2019, 8:19am; Reply: 10
Thinking next season perhaps.  
Posted by: Teesknees, January 11, 2019, 8:20am; Reply: 11
He only joined County in September and hasn't played in a team that's bottom.. strange?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 11, 2019, 8:24am; Reply: 12
When I saw him he looked decent in the air but gave a lot of fouls away in dangerous area`s and he wasn`t the best of passers so not sure how much he will help the cause?
Posted by: denni266, January 11, 2019, 8:28am; Reply: 13
Dont realy want anyone coming in ,unless they are better than we have, that is just a waste of money. and not going forward imo
Posted by: Nutsy, January 11, 2019, 8:29am; Reply: 14
Luton have sent a CM/CB back to Forest. Maybe Famewo will be going? Collins retiring and Whitmore nothing more than a squad player?
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 11, 2019, 8:30am; Reply: 15
Only way I can see this happening is if we offload one of Collins, Davis or Whitmore.  Neither of which I can see happening.
Posted by: Nutsy, January 11, 2019, 8:32am; Reply: 16
Davis has been the best CB this season behind Collins. Maybe it's till the end of the season while Ohmann adapts?
Posted by: Teesknees, January 11, 2019, 8:48am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Teesknees
He only joined County in September and hasn't played in a team that's bottom.. strange?

Ffs! He's played in 18 games this season you stupid fckin wayne kerr.. why don't you get your ferking facts right ffs!

You're a tosser!
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 11, 2019, 8:51am; Reply: 18
Not going to happen
Best of a bad defence, especially v GTFC but why would we want him and why would he want to come?
Posted by: dicko995, January 11, 2019, 9:01am; Reply: 19
Has he got blonde hair ?   :)
Posted by: ivanosandwich, January 11, 2019, 9:10am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Teesknees

Ffs! He's played in 18 games this season you stupid fckin wayne kerr.. why don't you get your ferking facts right ffs!

You're a tosser!

A bit harsh, you wouldn't like it if someone talked to you like that.

Very good though.
Posted by: RoboCod, January 11, 2019, 9:17am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Teesknees

You're a tosser!

You screamed this loudly while pointing at a mirror, didn't you? ;D
Posted by: Teesknees, January 11, 2019, 9:26am; Reply: 22
Quoted from RoboCod

You screamed this loudly while pointing at a mirror, didn't you? ;D

Are you watching us?

Self flagellation is so satisfying after a defeat .. please bring back Slade!
Posted by: sam gy, January 11, 2019, 9:59am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Stew0_0

Also what message would that send to Mattie Pollock. He'd be even further down the pecking order.

I get what you're saying and agree with the overall sentiment, but we've got top remember that Pollock is only 17, and not yet even on a professional contract. I think it's fair to say that had we not had a massive injury crisis that he probably wouldn't have made a league match day squad this season.....massive massive props to the lad for his heroic appearance at Exeter, but i don't imagine he's ready for regular 1st team action just yet.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 11, 2019, 11:04am; Reply: 24
he was playing regularly until Xmas . seems unlikely, but maybe he's been dropped and it could be a loan move to cover for our injuries, suspensions, lack of fitness etc.?
Posted by: Grantley, January 11, 2019, 11:24am; Reply: 25
Wouldn’t be too happy with this one...
Posted by: RichMariner, January 11, 2019, 2:14pm; Reply: 26
If this rumour is true and the lad signs, I think - along with the signing of Ohman - that would mean Famewo would return to Luton and Collins would likely retire at the end of the season.

It'd leave us with Davis, Whitmore, Oman and Turley as centre backs, with Pollock as backup. That's no different from the numbers we started with this season.

We don't know what Collins plans in the summer. Perhaps he's told Jolley he'll be retiring and MJ is moving to replace him sooner so we don't have to join the summer scramble to sign players and then spend the first month of next season waiting for them to gel.
Posted by: fiveallive, January 11, 2019, 2:14pm; Reply: 27
Turley would be decent cover maybe a one month loan, maybe a fall out with Ardley that's possibly made him available.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 11, 2019, 2:23pm; Reply: 28
Don’t believe everything you read on twitter.
Posted by: Alkalineroger, January 11, 2019, 4:48pm; Reply: 29
Was brought in by Kewell on a short term deal, worked with him at  Crawley. A County fan I work with says he’s probably their best defender..but not sure how big a compliment that is
Posted by: golfer, January 11, 2019, 5:03pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Teesknees

You're a tosser!

We know you talk to yourself-anything else   P.S.  Turley has got form and  "form "
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 11, 2019, 5:14pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Alkalineroger
Was brought in by Kewell on a short term deal, worked with him at  Crawley. A County fan I work with says he’s probably their best defender..but not sure how big a compliment that is

Well he played against us in our recent 4-0 win and their defence that day was awful!
Posted by: jaygy, January 11, 2019, 8:12pm; Reply: 32
Maybe their best players will be looking to leave before having a relegation on their CV? Nothing wrong with poaching the right players at the right time. Collins to maybe retire at the end of the season and Famewo not staying would maybe have pushed Jolley to find the right replacements in advance?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 11, 2019, 8:22pm; Reply: 33
Whitmore came from a relegated club who shipped tons of goals. Nowt wrong with cherry picking the better players from a failing club, when they are looking to offload. It's dog eat dog.

Not that i know much about Turley to be honest, but if we are after him, then Jolley seems a decent judge so far.
Posted by: Meza, January 11, 2019, 8:26pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from jaygy
Maybe their best players will be looking to leave before having a relegation on their CV? Nothing wrong with poaching the right players at the right time. Collins to maybe retire at the end of the season and Famewo not staying would maybe have pushed Jolley to find the right replacements in advance?

This ^

there might 2-3 good players in the Notts team but that doesn't necesarily mean they are at fault all the time, theres 11 players in match and i'd say it only takes 7-8 players to be off it for the team to struggle.  Maybe even less than that depending on the strength in depth.
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 11, 2019, 8:38pm; Reply: 35
Macca and Collins nearly got relegated last year, wouldn’t call them poor players for this league.

Would be happy to give whoever M.J. brings in a chance... think he’s shown he can spot a player.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 11, 2019, 8:49pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Alkalineroger

I’ve got a colleague who a STH at County he really likes Turley and says he’s a bit of a warrior but decent player too.
Posted by: fiveallive, January 12, 2019, 9:46am; Reply: 37
Could be nothing but Ardley has said clubs are sniffing around some of his players but received no offers, and some of his players are interested in moving.
Posted by: fiveallive, January 12, 2019, 10:02am; Reply: 38
Just speculation but somebody like Andy Kellett who a few town fans wanted here aren't going to want back to back relegations, Kristian Dennis also Alessandra got relegated with Hartlepool, 33 players on the books and 3 managers so far. And a manager who has brought three in and looking at more they could end up with squad we had when we got relegated.
Posted by: Mallyner, January 12, 2019, 10:45am; Reply: 39
Quoted from forza ivano
he was playing regularly until Xmas . seems unlikely, but maybe he's been dropped and it could be a loan move to cover for our injuries, suspensions, lack of fitness etc.?

He sounds to be having a Topsy Turley season.  :)

Not that I have ever criticised a new signing, but remembering how many were against signing Jon Nolan i say, if Jolley in his wisdom signs him, give the lad a chance.
Posted by: Grimal, January 12, 2019, 12:45pm; Reply: 40
I remember Jamie Turley playing for FGR. I thought he was their best player and believe he scored goals for them.
Posted by: gtfcmd, January 13, 2019, 10:48am; Reply: 41
looks to be leaving notts county next week and coming to us on a free transfer

https://twitter.com/exagentDave/status/1083514574031282178
Posted by: Croxton, January 13, 2019, 11:42am; Reply: 42
If true, it appears that MJ does not want to be reliant on a 17 year old, an injury prone loanee, and a 38 year old as back up to Davis, Ohman and  Whitmore. Injury and suspension have cost us dearly in both penalty areas and at set pieces.
It would only look a strange signing if we fail to strengthen attacking options.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 13, 2019, 12:41pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from gtfcmd
looks to be leaving notts county next week and coming to us on a free transfer

https://twitter.com/exagentDave/status/1083514574031282178

Please tell me we're not believing the tweet of a guy calling himself 'Ex Agent Dave' with a clearly pinched models photo!
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), January 13, 2019, 1:35pm; Reply: 44
Interesting read below:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/jamie-turley-reveals-starting-look-2039397.amp

Sounds an educated lad and also was looking at doing a Degree in Football Finance. Maybe he could help GTFC and use that as his project!!!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 13, 2019, 4:19pm; Reply: 45
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WrpVO3R9P80

Ardley's interview from after the defeat at town. Doesn't name names but quite scathing of their defence and the team's attitude - Turley has made only one start and one  sub appearance since.

Gut says no on this one
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 13, 2019, 8:08pm; Reply: 46
Turley has left Notts at the end of his contract. Apparently no one in for him as yet.
Posted by: buckstown, January 13, 2019, 8:42pm; Reply: 47
County fans fairly complimentary about him. Top quote, "we're sorting the wheat from the chaff and getting rid of the wheat!"
http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38235312
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, January 14, 2019, 11:04am; Reply: 48
Just left Notts county according to their Instagram page.
Posted by: A.l.f., January 14, 2019, 12:20pm; Reply: 49
Have always liked him as a player.  Would be a welcome addition if true.
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, January 16, 2019, 3:52pm; Reply: 50
Signed for Leyton Orient, puts that to bed.
Posted by: H19P1, January 16, 2019, 4:43pm; Reply: 51
Adam Curry thread? 😃
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 6:18am