Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: immariner, January 9, 2019, 8:29pm
The brilliant following we took to Palace. At 15 quid a pop for adults and free for U12s, the display at Palace, our recent form at home, new signings potentially on show- we should be bettering that on Saturday, shouldn't we?
Posted by: moosey_club, January 9, 2019, 8:35pm; Reply: 1
Around 5100 in the home end last time out wasnt there ?  So should be on for equal if not greater.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 9, 2019, 9:01pm; Reply: 2
Ticket sales are slow. Really sad to see
Posted by: Davec, January 9, 2019, 9:11pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Hagrid
Ticket sales are slow. Really sad to see

Where you seen this?
Posted by: Hagrid, January 9, 2019, 9:26pm; Reply: 4
Twitter- trust tweeted it
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 9, 2019, 9:41pm; Reply: 5
Xmas is over and we’ve just been down to London and spent loads I’m sure some spent a hundred and even some more with hotel costs etc - Lots of people probs desperate for pay day now!

Games have come thick and fast and unfortunately many have to pick the games they can go to.

The games at BP with the lower figures have been the best games anyways! 😜
Posted by: Jaws, January 9, 2019, 9:48pm; Reply: 6
I'll be there as a ST holder but I don't think £15 entry to see Macclesfield will really entice many people in given the time of year. Most people still think it's £18 for a ticket.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 10, 2019, 3:38am; Reply: 7
Back to the harsh reality of playing midtable in League two plus a lot of Grimsby exiles would have been at Palace.
Posted by: MarinerWY, January 10, 2019, 4:14am; Reply: 8
To be fair it's not a reflection on loyalty committment etc. that sales are slow for Sat. We took over 5000 to Palace. Its just people are skint. Post-Christmas and following a trip down in London with train/petrol and for many accommodation costs will mean many are tightening their belts till payday.

Pleased to see the initiative from the club to knock a few quid off and encourage people though.
Posted by: Grim74, January 10, 2019, 7:42am; Reply: 9
Do well to get 4500 just because we took 5000 to a premier league club some people think we’re this sleeping giant.
Most lower league clubs would of took a similar size following even the gimps took similar numbers to Liverpool.
We have an hard core of about 3500-4000 with the potential for another 1500 on a good day ie form, league position, time of year, weather etc and that would even be in the championship!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 10, 2019, 8:08am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Grim74
Do well to get 4500 just because we took 5000 to a premier league club some people think we’re this sleeping giant.
Most lower league clubs would of took a similar size following even the gimps took similar numbers to Liverpool.
We have an hard core of about 3500-4000 with the potential for another 1500 on a good day ie form, league position, time of year, weather etc and that would even be in the championship!

If the club is marketed the correct way coupled with a bit of success I honestly think we could easily match Lincoln who you mention gate wise. When we came back into the FL we had the feel good factor but that was allowed to drift away , the club needs change new ideas , modern methods of communication in all aspects
Posted by: Grim74, January 10, 2019, 8:55am; Reply: 11
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

If the club is marketed the correct way coupled with a bit of success I honestly think we could easily match Lincoln who you mention gate wise. When we came back into the FL we had the feel good factor but that was allowed to drift away , the club needs change new ideas , modern methods of communication in all aspects

It doesn’t matter how good the clubs marketing is if we are not doing the business in the league. Lincoln are enjoying an amazing purple patch at the minute following a return to league football, with last years cup run and now sitting comfortably at the top of the league. Most of the lower league clubs in that position would see their gates at least double, If we were in their position and our ground was big enough we would be getting bigger gates.

Be we all know success for lower league teams doesn’t last and it will be interesting to see how far Lincoln’s gates plummet when this does happen. We had amazing success under Buckley but as soon as our form dipped were back down to the faithful 4,500. It used to really urine me off at the time but these days I just accept the size of club we are.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 10, 2019, 10:32am; Reply: 12
Exiles will be have been a big chunk of the Palace following. Out of 8 friends and family that I went with 6 were exiles. I would expect only 1 out the 8 at the Macc game no matter what price. Exiles also have other things on and can't commit the time to travel - I'm upbeat after the game and would be tempted to do the 150-mile round trip if it was just me, but my lad will be playing rugby on Saturday and I'll be watching him. At the end of the day, home gates are relatively poor compared to other clubs that we used to be comparable to and that it down to the locals who don't turn out regularly, a poor reputation that the club has with a lot of local people including a excrement stadium. But we have a large North Lincs diaspora who are Town through and through and we will always turn out for big games...
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 10, 2019, 10:44am; Reply: 13
Be very interesting to see a percentage breakdown of our travelling army  , , , who live in a DN postcode and who don't , , , ,me and some exiles on Saturday was discussing this , , , ,we was saying 40% Exiles maybe more at Palace ??
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 10, 2019, 11:20am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Be very interesting to see a percentage breakdown of our travelling army  , , , who live in a DN postcode and who don't , , , ,me and some exiles on Saturday was discussing this , , , ,we was saying 40% Exiles maybe more at Palace ??

Not a chance :-/
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 10, 2019, 11:21am; Reply: 15
30% then??

Be interesting to see what the stats are on this
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 10, 2019, 11:22am; Reply: 16

I blagged with my kids - everyone knows someone who knows someone who supports the Mariners...2 degrees of separation. "What about the Queen...?"

"...the Queen knows John Major who knows Norman Lamont..."
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 10, 2019, 11:24am; Reply: 17
Also we sold 5,500 right??

and 5,399 was in attendance??

what an earth happened to the 101 Town Fans???

Surely we must find them! Are they still locked in the Railway Telegraph?!?!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 10, 2019, 11:27am; Reply: 18
30% then??

Be interesting to see what the stats are on this

Can`t see it mate. I never went to Palace due to another commitment but intended to and the buzz around GY for the game was massive and every man and his dog seemed to go hence I was gutted. I would bet at least 4.5k went from GY/Clee and I would be suprised if more than 1k where Southern based exiles and friends? Not that it matters of course they did the Club proud that`s a hell of a following for any Club especially distance and kick off time.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 10, 2019, 11:29am; Reply: 19
Also we sold 5,500 right??

and 5,399 was in attendance??

what an earth happened to the 101 Town Fans???

Surely we must find them! Are they still locked in the Railway Telegraph?!?!

Think about it - its only 2% - got drunk and missed their transport, too hungover to get out of bed or got lucky and didn't want to get out of bed...

Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 10, 2019, 12:09pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I blagged with my kids - everyone knows someone who knows someone who supports the Mariners...2 degrees of separation. "What about the Queen...?"

"...the Queen knows John Major who knows Norman Lamont..."

Funnily enough we got onto this degrees of separation thing on Saturday too. Fook knows how we got onto it.
Posted by: Croxton, January 10, 2019, 1:02pm; Reply: 21

I am sure it was not 40% if you include all DN postcodes i.e as far as Gainsborough and Doncaster but if you said anywhere outside the boundaries of Grimsby /Cleethorpes then yes it could easily be that 40%+ of the Palace Mariners were exiles.

I am equally sure that all the bodies are buried (data wise) in the Ticket Office re STH's and sales for away games. You spreadsheet nerds would soon produce some lovely maps/ graphs/ stats/ projections. Potentially some uncomfortable conclusions. Perhaps best to bumble along as ever?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 10, 2019, 1:09pm; Reply: 22

I've got a DN postcode but it still involves over a 100 mile round trip for every home game  ;)
Posted by: pyfish, January 10, 2019, 1:12pm; Reply: 23
How many people can we rely on that will just buy tickets on matchday?
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 8:24am