Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: AussieMariner, January 7, 2019, 8:34am
Was chatting to a guy in my local who knows I’m a Town fan and he told me about his mate’s son who is 19 and about to go over to the UK on a tour with his team
He’s been invited to a few trials with some high level teams but also with Town
Apparently his agent who is based in Aus has told him that we have a good reputation for helping young players develop and that he should seriously consider us as an option
Don’t know much more but it was just another small thing that added to my pride of the way we seem to be moving in the right direction under MJ
Posted by: AussieMariner, January 7, 2019, 9:06am; Reply: 1
Could the person who red crossed this please send me a pm as I will be back over in a couple of weeks and would like to meet in person to discuss how one of us can adjust his/her point of view
Posted by: AussieMariner, January 7, 2019, 9:09am; Reply: 2
Yes
You
Posted by: AussieMariner, January 7, 2019, 9:12am; Reply: 3
Yes and you
Just out of interest why aren’t you guys at work?
Posted by: scrumble, January 7, 2019, 9:13am; Reply: 4
[IMG]https://pics.me.me/well-that-escalated-quickly-quiclomeme-com-34557327.png[/img]
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 7, 2019, 9:13am; Reply: 5
Links with Anthony Limbrick perhaps?
Posted by: AussieMariner, January 7, 2019, 9:16am; Reply: 6
Quoted from scrumble
[IMG]https://pics.me.me/well-that-escalated-quickly-quiclomeme-com-34557327.png[/img]

Could be the time difference
Posted by: AussieMariner, January 7, 2019, 9:45am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Links with Anthony Limbrick perhaps?

Could well be
My mate has said he will try to introduce me to the lad’s father before I leave so I may get more insight
Posted by: Tommy, January 7, 2019, 9:56am; Reply: 8
Quoted from AussieMariner
Was chatting to a guy in my local who knows I’m a Town fan and he told me about his mate’s son who is 19 and about to go over to the UK on a tour with his team
He’s been invited to a few trials with some high level teams but also with Town
Apparently his agent who is based in Aus has told him that we have a good reputation for helping young players develop and that he should seriously consider us as an option
Don’t know much more but it was just another small thing that added to my pride of the way we seem to be moving in the right direction under MJ

As much to do with Neil Woods and the rest of the guys at the Academy as MJ I would say.

Although I get that it could also mean instances like Embleton, Cardwell etc that we've brought in as 19/20 year olds straight to the first team squad.
Posted by: AussieMariner, January 7, 2019, 10:21am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Tommy

As much to do with Neil Woods and the rest of the guys at the Academy as MJ I would say.

Although I get that it could also mean instances like Embleton, Cardwell etc that we've brought in as 19/20 year olds straight to the first team squad.

Fair call Tommy - I didn’t mean to downplay the role of the academy at all
I do however suspect that they are much more effective and influential under MJ than they were under recent previous regimes
Posted by: speedy, January 7, 2019, 10:28am; Reply: 10
Quoted from AussieMariner
Could the person who red crossed this please send me a pm as I will be back over in a couple of weeks and would like to meet in person to discuss how one of us can adjust his/her point of view

Imagine being so upset over a red cross on a forum that you want to meet in person to discuss it  :o :o :o :o :o
Posted by: LH, January 7, 2019, 10:46am; Reply: 11
When will people learn that mentioning red crosses means you’ll get red crosses? 🤦‍♂️
Posted by: forza ivano, January 7, 2019, 11:05am; Reply: 12
bloody whingeing Aussies! ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, January 7, 2019, 11:14am; Reply: 13
Quoted from speedy

Imagine being so upset over a red cross on a forum that you want to meet in person to discuss it  :o :o :o :o :o

Not to mention flying half way round the world.  ::)
Posted by: RoboCod, January 7, 2019, 11:32am; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings

Not to mention flying half way round the world.  ::)

You may scoff Ginny but you can charter a flight for that very reason...(balloon)

[img]https://flyawaysimulation.com/media/images3/images/japanese-red-cross-flight-corps-mitsubishi-MU-2-fsx1.jpg[/img]
Posted by: golfer, January 7, 2019, 12:14pm; Reply: 15
What do you call a field full of Aussies
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), January 7, 2019, 1:41pm; Reply: 16
So, this thread went well.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 7, 2019, 1:45pm; Reply: 17
It'll probably do my reputation no good whatsoever but it would be good to see who actually does red cross you rather than it being anonymous...

I'm baffled as to why some people do it.... I know it's supposedly to disagree with the content of the post, but it seems more like people do it so as to disagree with the poster

Hey ho... All Town aren't we? although they will disagree about that too?  🙄
Posted by: oochiad, January 7, 2019, 2:17pm; Reply: 18
People should also remember other clubs fans are on here such as the gimps so understand they will love to wind you up!
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 7, 2019, 2:49pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from oochiad
People should also remember other clubs fans are on here such as the gimps so understand they will love to wind you up!

I've noticed that if you say anything detrimental about Lincoln then the red crosses multiply, also as we have post of the week for most green crosses can it also be won with even more red crosses, if so I would type, "Lincoln are the most boring overrated big ball merchants I have ever seen". There you are you Gimps, get red crossing.
Posted by: WesternMariner, January 7, 2019, 8:17pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from RoboCod

You may scoff Ginny but you can charter a flight for that very reason...(balloon)

[img]https://flyawaysimulation.com/media/images3/images/japanese-red-cross-flight-corps-mitsubishi-MU-2-fsx1.jpg[/img]

You’re going home in a Sydney ambulance.....l
Posted by: AussieMariner, January 8, 2019, 8:42am; Reply: 21
Well that went well didn’t it?
Probably should just leave it alone but I have a few points to make:
- Thanks to those who sent me a supportive PM, I really appreciate your concern
- To those who think I’m whingeing or crying about receiving red crosses - nah - I couldn’t give a flying fuuck about them, I’m just amazed that a genuinely positive post would attract them
- I realise I should have more sense than to react, but in my defence I had had quite a few schooners of Bentspoke Crankshaft, a very drinkable but quite potent IPA, pretty much the only decent thing to come out of Canberra at the moment
- Please remember that my evening is your morning..... I did say in the OP that I heard the story in my local

UTFM, and just going back to my original post I think Town’s reputation is definitely on the up - to hear it re-inforced in the backwaters of the Centreal Coast of NSW was pretty special
Posted by: ginnywings, January 8, 2019, 9:58am; Reply: 22
Fair enough, but i would wait until the jet lag has gone before you have your fight.  ;)
Posted by: oochiad, January 8, 2019, 10:12am; Reply: 23
You were most likely red crossed by the gimps AussieMariner............
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 2:37pm