Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 5, 2019, 9:58pm
Pride, belief, supporters and a future.

Thank you MJ and your staff and squad, I confess I had my doubts but there’s a feeling that we are back as the club many of us remember and that the team is reconnecting the fans with the club. Can someone please sort a contract or two that strengthens this? Ta!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 5, 2019, 10:12pm; Reply: 1
I'm not sure if it's because everything came to a head over the whole Slade saga, the fan's forum and the "secret" recordings, but it seems like the board have melted into the background, and just let MJ and the rest of his staff get on with it.

Of course, they still have to get recruitment and tactics right, but the backing has to be there also. It all seems to be kicking into place now, and hopefully will get better with a good transfer window. We've made a few bob from the cup, so let's get it invested in better quality signings.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, January 5, 2019, 10:30pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm not sure if it's because everything came to a head over the whole Slade saga, the fan's forum and the "secret" recordings, but it seems like the board have melted into the background, and just let MJ and the rest of his staff get on with it.

Of course, they still have to get recruitment and tactics right, but the backing has to be there also. It all seems to be kicking into place now, and hopefully will get better with a good transfer window. We've made a few bob from the cup, so let's get it invested in better quality signings.

I’d say the two coming in from sweden are a clear sign that jolley is being backed and allowed to bring the players he wants to so far, mightve wanted these from the start but couldnt sign them during swedens season
Posted by: chrissy, January 5, 2019, 10:35pm; Reply: 3
We must have made over £100,000 from todays gate and TV money,

Every little helps .
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 5, 2019, 10:35pm; Reply: 4
I’ve said it since he got here Jolley “gets it” and is intellectual enough to set the tone as well as build the team.

Unlike a number of managers in the last couple of decades so far he’s done what he said he was going to do.
Posted by: ska face, January 5, 2019, 10:43pm; Reply: 5
Come on then Fenty - you’ve spent the last decade & half saying you are waiting for some football fortune.

You couldn’t have got much more so far this season, so what are you going to do with it? Almost 6000 town fans down to London for a 5:30ko...how are you going to get them to go to BP next week?

Don’t miss ANOTHER opportunity ffs.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 6, 2019, 12:52am; Reply: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Pride, belief, supporters and a future.

Thank you MJ and your staff and squad, I confess I had my doubts but there’s a feeling that we are back as the club many of us remember and that the team is reconnecting the fans with the club. Can someone please sort a contract or two that strengthens this? Ta!

Old Codger ....i had the exact same feeling as i walked out of Selhurst Park this evening.  Echo your thoughts and words. UTM
Posted by: hheh2, January 6, 2019, 4:06am; Reply: 7
The club has a better aura around it now than getting back in the league me thinks
Posted by: grimps, January 6, 2019, 4:12am; Reply: 8
Quoted from ska face
Come on then Fenty - you’ve spent the last decade & half saying you are waiting for some football fortune.

You couldn’t have got much more so far this season, so what are you going to do with it? Almost 6000 town fans down to London for a 5:30ko...how are you going to get them to go to BP next week?

Don’t miss ANOTHER opportunity ffs.

I think the main reason of people not coming to home games is the fact we’ve been crap at home for 15 years , even in our promotion season from the conference we wasn’t anything special at home , the crap facilities don’t help but if we continue to get home wins they’ll soon come back
Posted by: UTMariners, January 6, 2019, 8:56am; Reply: 9
Quoted from grimps

I think the main reason of people not coming to home games is the fact we’ve been crap at home for 15 years , even in our promotion season from the conference we wasn’t anything special at home , the crap facilities don’t help but if we continue to get home wins they’ll soon come back

There is that, but the club also have a ridiculously high number of exiles such as myself, who the club need to target IMO.  The club is crying out for a scheme to try and get these people back to BP spending their money here instead of only at away games- even if just for a few matches a season, particularly for those who live down south.. We've definitely got our mojo back, I just hope the board capitalise on it and start thinking outside the box..
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 6, 2019, 9:27am; Reply: 10
Quoted from UTMariners

There is that, but the club also have a ridiculously high number of exiles such as myself, who the club need to target IMO.  The club is crying out for a scheme to try and get these people back to BP spending their money here instead of only at away games- even if just for a few matches a season, particularly for those who live down south.. We've definitely got our mojo back, I just hope the board capitalise on it and start thinking outside the box..

This with knobs on! Whether it's the current incumbents or the alleged new ones  :) ;)
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 6, 2019, 9:53am; Reply: 11
MJ effectively come in at our lowest since that 5-1 defeat to Braintree (sorry to bring it up)
Had the worst squad we've had for years
Had the oldest squad for years
Odds on to go back to non-league

He believed
He made the players believe
He made us fans believe
He achieved

I thank the players that helped us stay up...
Matt
Clarke, yes, he played his part
Summerfield
JJ
Jackson
Mcsheffrey
Davies

He then cleared the dead wood
Lowered the average age
Got a younger backroom staff
Got the future looking bright again
All in 1 transfer window... imagine what he can do after this window and the summer

I'm excited, very excited, and MJ and Anthony have already achieved so much, and firmly think we are catching the attention of many

Thank you GTFC
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), January 6, 2019, 10:23am; Reply: 12
We looked united on the pitch yesterday, players working together for each other. I can’t see us losing many games this season. Subject to injuries etc we will be at Wembley come May. UTM

5,399 yesterday the club need to target the floating fans - we need them at Blundell Park. Maybe discounted tickets for exiled fans.

Don’t like to single out players on here but Hess was class yesterday.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 6, 2019, 10:39am; Reply: 13
Quoted from 28195
We looked united on the pitch yesterday, players working together for each other. I can’t see us losing many games this season. Subject to injuries etc we will be at Wembley come May. UTM

5,399 yesterday the club need to target the floating fans - we need them at Blundell Park. Maybe discounted tickets for exiled fans.

Don’t like to single out players on here but Hess was class yesterday.

I’m really optimistic about our future but realistic to know that we’ll probably need another season at best to be challenging for promotion.

I’m an exile and don’t get this discounted tickets bit TBH I’d much rather see kids for a quid with a full paying adult.

Posted by: LH, January 6, 2019, 10:51am; Reply: 14
Seen someone on Twitter say that there should be an offer on next weekend for those with Palace stubs and I agree with them. £10 with a stub would fill the ground. We probably got more cash yesterday than we expected as loads of Palace fans turned up so we wouldn’t be taking a massive hit cash wise.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 6, 2019, 11:18am; Reply: 15
Quoted from LH
Seen someone on Twitter say that there should be an offer on next weekend for those with Palace stubs and I agree with them. £10 with a stub would fill the ground. We probably got more cash yesterday than we expected as loads of Palace fans turned up so we wouldn’t be taking a massive hit cash wise.

Good idea that!

I just hope the club can take the opportunity that now sits before them.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 6, 2019, 11:45am; Reply: 16
Quoted from LH

As my stub is in the bin outside the KFC in Edgeware that is a sh1t idea !!!  ;D
Posted by: ska face, January 6, 2019, 12:53pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from grimps

Think there are other factors as well as that - the big one being the proportion of exiled fans the club have. We all know we’ve fans scattered around the country - do the club have any idea what they are thinking & have they ever tried to find out. I only live 80 miles away but with ticket & travel I’m looking £50 a match before I’ve left the house. Not a massive amount to some but not sustainable over 23 matches.

I’m not asking for discounts or offers and handouts, but I do want the club to get an understanding about their customer base and to start filling in the gaps without having to rely on how the team are doing.
Posted by: ClarkyGTFC, January 6, 2019, 2:05pm; Reply: 18
If we don’t get promoted this season is it worth doing another operation promotion
Posted by: Posh Harry, January 6, 2019, 2:21pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from chrissy

Every little helps .

Not sure how much we will get for the tv but my calculations indicate we should get £134,777.25 from the gate receipts.

I need to get more of a life.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 6, 2019, 2:28pm; Reply: 20
My ripped up beer mat calculation was about £250,000 in total with 100k from palace, 62.5 from the 2 tv deals, c £40k from Chesterfield and £50,000 I from the f.a. For the 2 wins.
Any thoughts?
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 6, 2019, 2:38pm; Reply: 21
Whatever the figure will Mr Fenty take it as part of his benign loan?
Posted by: Bigdog, January 6, 2019, 2:46pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from ClarkyGTFC
If we don’t get promoted this season is it worth doing another operation promotion

What.. and replicate the worst thing ever to happen to GTFC..

There is a great deal of unlocked potential at this football club.. 5.5k to Palace on a Saturday evening proves that. Under present circumstances, Jolley looks like he could be able to get momentum going in the right direction, but fresh blood in the boardroom and a new stadium as quickly as possible will give him the tools to fully realise what we could be in the future. It can't all rest on his shoulders..
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 6, 2019, 2:54pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from forza ivano
My ripped up beer mat calculation was about £250,000 in total with 100k from palace, 62.5 from the 2 tv deals, c £40k from Chesterfield and £50,000 I from the f.a. For the 2 wins.
Any thoughts?

Whatever we make form this net of expenses we'll just have to trust it goes to MJ to strengthen the squad.  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 6, 2019, 2:56pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Bigdog

There is a great deal of unlocked potential at this football club.. 5.5k to Palace on a Saturday evening proves that. Under present circumstances, Jolley looks like he could be able to get momentum going in the right direction, but fresh blood in the boardroom and a new stadium as quickly as possible will give him the tools to fully realise what we could be in the future. It can't all rest on his shoulders..

As much as I'd like to see and MJ dynasty at the club I would imagine he'll have moved on to much bigger things before we get a new stadium but I don't disagree!
Posted by: LH, January 6, 2019, 3:37pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Whatever we make form this net of expenses we'll just have to trust it goes to MJ to strengthen the squad.  

Not likely with the floodlights needing replacing at a cost of £500k. My estimate was somewhere between £250k and £300k total for the run. Not bad really.

Re a new operation promotion - I’d say no to crowdfunding for plugging funding the playing budget after the comments from Marley. We do need to have the same togetherness and drive from the fans and the Trust as we did with OP.  Maybe work with the club to find ways of getting more people through the gate with a season ticket (or at least regularly attending matches) to give the team the support they deserve and get the funds up that way.

Someone mentioned exiles - how about forming some regional official supporters clubs? Pay an annual fee to get say £2 off home tickets, find a way to give exiles some priority on their local games away tickets or something. We’ve got hundreds of fans in London and the SE, in the forces etc. Give them incentive to come back for home games.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, January 6, 2019, 3:49pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from forza ivano
Any thoughts?

I think we may get quite a sizeable fine for all the bottles thrown on the pitch when Fox was sent off.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, January 6, 2019, 3:53pm; Reply: 27
I’m an exile but go to nearly all town home games on weekends, a two quid discount isn’t going to incentivise me either way. No real point in offering an incentive imho.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 6, 2019, 6:40pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Posh Harry

Not sure how much we will get for the tv but my calculations indicate we should get £134,777.25 from the gate receipts.

I need to get more of a life.

You're obviously good with figures, but you will only achieve the heights of top class accountancy when you can tell customers and shareholders to shut up.
Posted by: rancido, January 6, 2019, 6:44pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from chrissy

Every little helps .

I'm sure it's probably double that! It's the equivalent of a total sell out at BP + and then tv money on top.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 6, 2019, 6:45pm; Reply: 30
one idea I had was that we fund local coaches to improve, helping with expenses towards coaching badges. I think this would be a much better investment for fans than a one-off promotion fund.
Posted by: UTMariners, January 6, 2019, 8:04pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from ska face

Think there are other factors as well as that - the big one being the proportion of exiled fans the club have. We all know we’ve fans scattered around the country - do the club have any idea what they are thinking & have they ever tried to find out. I only live 80 miles away but with ticket & travel I’m looking £50 a match before I’ve left the house. Not a massive amount to some but not sustainable over 23 matches.

I’m not asking for discounts or offers and handouts, but I do want the club to get an understanding about their customer base and to start filling in the gaps without having to rely on how the team are doing.

Spot on.
Posted by: blundellpork, January 6, 2019, 8:08pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Bigdog

If they keep him on. Plenty of new owners look to install their own manager. Look at the Zola Birmingham farce.
Posted by: Posh Harry, January 6, 2019, 8:42pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You're obviously good with figures, but you will only achieve the heights of top class accountancy when you can tell customers and shareholders to shut up.

You are too kind KM.

In fact you really are too kind as my figure is wrong. I had assumed all the tickets to be adult and of course there was lots and lots of juniors so we wouldn’t get that much!
Posted by: LH, January 6, 2019, 8:43pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I’m an exile but go to nearly all town home games on weekends, a two quid discount isn’t going to incentivise me either way. No real point in offering an incentive imho.

When I was exiled I always kept my season ticket and missed maybe 15 to 20 games in 6 years. My idea is not going to benefit or incentivise everyone but if it adds a couple of grand a season because a few more fans are coming back for home games in a season it’s worth trying. It’s more people to send the Christmas clubshop catalogue to etc etc.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 6, 2019, 10:03pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Posh Harry

You are too kind KM.

In fact you really are too kind as my figure is wrong. I had assumed all the tickets to be adult and of course there was lots and lots of juniors so we wouldn’t get that much!

Even better. You will fit right in with that level of incompetence. I bet you can forget to renew a drinks licence too.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 1:31am