Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Meza, January 5, 2019, 9:21pm
[tweet]1081660305237819392[/tweet]

Our good friend Jostein with an update
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, January 5, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 1
Is there any chance he could be here in time for 4 hours ago?
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 5, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 2
Is he a centre half?
Posted by: Meza, January 5, 2019, 9:28pm; Reply: 3
Yeah.  I believe from what others have said when he was first linked he was highly rated and prem teams were looking at him.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 5, 2019, 9:30pm; Reply: 4
Quick, send him a De Lorean.

If true, and i am not questioning Jostein, this will be an outstanding signing. He was being watched by a lot of scouts in his younger days, not that he's old. I like Swedish players, they remind me of old school English players before we went all poncy and continental. Their attributes will transfer well to League 2 and beyond, hopefully.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 5, 2019, 9:31pm; Reply: 5
Welcome! May take a little while for he and Ring to be up to speed me thinks. Just in the bar at hotel, so proud of my team
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, January 5, 2019, 9:33pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

If true, and i am not questioning Jostein, this will be an outstanding signing. He was being watched by a lot of scouts in his younger days, not that he's old. I like Swedish players, they remind me of old school English players before we went all poncy and continental. Their attributes will transfer well to League 2 and beyond, hopefully.

I’ll agree with that, I watched a game on youtube of sebastian rings team and it was very similiar to a league 1/league 2 game, good atmosphere and played at a good pace, maybe it comes with colder climates
Posted by: RoboCod, January 5, 2019, 9:57pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings

Agree with that, good standard of football and honest. We could also form some more support too, as Jostein points out, todays display got some attention..

[url]https://twitter.com/Grimjos/status/1081643625161859072[/url]
Posted by: geir, January 5, 2019, 10:52pm; Reply: 8
Exciting news! Full translation for you guys:

Grimsby Town is starting to become a Swedish club.
Sebastian Ring has already joined the club.
According to information, the British club is now also in agreement with the Brommapojkarna about Ludvig Öhman, 27.

Brommapojkarna (BP) went out of allsvenskan in 2018. Ludvig Öhman does not follow the club down into the league below. The stopper continues his career in England.

According to information from Sportbladet, the British club Grimsby Town is in agreement with BP about Öhman, who had two years left with the club. The stopper is expected to be ready for the League Two club, which plays in the English fourth division, next week.

Had Jolley as a coach in the AFC Eskilstuna

Öhman reunited with Michael Jolley as a coach in AFC Eskilstuna when they played in Allsvenskan 2017.

Thus, he becomes the second Swede in Grimsby Town. Earlier this winter Sebastian Ring, whose contract with Örebro SK expired after 2018, signed on for the club.

Öhman has also played for Kalmar FF and Nagoya Grampus in Japan.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, January 5, 2019, 10:56pm; Reply: 9
Its good that he has that experience of a year away from home in japan too, this will be less of an extreme move and much easier to get home sometimes
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 5, 2019, 11:20pm; Reply: 10
Sounds great, but do we need a central defender? We obviously need one right at this moment, however but for some terrible luck 3 Centre backs plus a youth is usually enough. Unless somebody is on their way?
Posted by: Bigdog, January 5, 2019, 11:30pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from pontoonlew
Sounds great, but do we need a central defender? We obviously need one right at this moment, however but for some terrible luck 3 Centre backs plus a youth is usually enough. Unless somebody is on their way?

If we do sign him, it could be deduced that Jolley would be forward planning, looking further ahead and beyond the rest of this season. Collins and Famewo won't be here next season I guess, so that would leave us with Davis, Whitmore and Pollock. January is the more suitable window for signing players from countries who play over the summer..
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 5, 2019, 11:39pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Bigdog

If we do sign him, it could be deduced that Jolley would be forward planning, looking further ahead and beyond the rest of this season. Collins and Famewo won't be here next season I guess, so that would leave us with Davis, Whitmore and Pollock. January is the more suitable window for signing players from countries who play over the summer..

I agree this transfer does seem like Jolley preparing for next season maybe phasing out Collins over the rest of the season.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 6, 2019, 12:16am; Reply: 13
Its good that he has that experience of a year away from home in japan too, this will be less of an extreme move and much easier to get home sometimes

Yeah, we just need to resume Whaling, like the Japs have, and he will be right at home.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 6, 2019, 12:20am; Reply: 14
That will give us 4 for next season if he gives Pollock a pro deal. Would like to see Mr Versatile Luke Hendrie signed permanently as well TBH.
Posted by: hheh2, January 6, 2019, 4:01am; Reply: 15
Great news! Loving these Swedish players and should be right gems for league two. Posted a thread on him before amazing if this comes off.
Posted by: golfer, January 6, 2019, 8:00am; Reply: 16
From B.P. to B.P.
Posted by: Skrill, January 6, 2019, 8:18am; Reply: 17
Brommapojkarna's ground is called Grimsta IP intercourse sake

(icon_lol)
Posted by: forza ivano, January 6, 2019, 12:17pm; Reply: 18
Somebody did an estimation of rings potential ability from uefa rankings etc and came up with the view that he was the quivalent of a regular with Peterborough United I.e. A high level div 1 standard player. Any idea what level a regular for brommapojarna corresponds to?
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), January 6, 2019, 2:02pm; Reply: 19
Just wondering, have we heard anything official about this signing from GTFC?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 6, 2019, 2:20pm; Reply: 20
I am always happy when we sign quality and not just signing to fill the squad on the cheap. I just hope this signing will be as people say, a replacement for possible leavers in the summer and not push Pollock down the pecking order next season, we need to be developing the likes of him.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 6, 2019, 3:04pm; Reply: 21
Ring is an exciting signing on paper, same with this guy.

The only thing is some players do struggle in the English game, so hopefully they settle fine and do well for us in the future
Posted by: Maringer, January 6, 2019, 3:19pm; Reply: 22
Lest we forget, Jolley wanted to play with three at the back and wing-backs at the start of the season but we didn't really have the players to do so at the time. If this Swedish chap does join, perhaps we'll have the opportunity to try it out again? Ring at left wing-back and Hendrie or RHJ on the right?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 6, 2019, 3:51pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Maringer
Lest we forget, Jolley wanted to play with three at the back and wing-backs at the start of the season but we didn't really have the players to do so at the time. If this Swedish chap does join, perhaps we'll have the opportunity to try it out again? Ring at left wing-back and Hendrie or RHJ on the right?

Hendrie and RHJ can play anywhere they want for me, them and Rose have been incredible pro's the last few games

Played against 3 top teams in Exeter, Mansfield and palace, and conceded 3 goals, all headers, and only 1 in open play not a set-peice, flipping hero's
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 7, 2019, 11:03am; Reply: 24
Another encouraging signing on paper.

Definitely looks to be one for next season and beyond, maybe some added bonus from this season too.

The way Hendrie and RHJ have played lately, both would be justified in feeling a little dejected when one of them has to revert back to the bench when everyone is fit again.  RHJ especially looks to me like he could be a very useful central defender, despite his lack of height.  I always feel his defensive game doesn't quite match his attacking game when he's at full-back, but his discipline and reading of the game in the middle has been flawless in recent games.  
Posted by: ginnywings, January 7, 2019, 11:21am; Reply: 25
I see RHJ as a wing back long term. He has played right mid in his career and scored 5 goals in 25 starts for Braintree. Think Bignot played him in that position when he went on loan to Chester. Hendrie is that utility player that every team needs and has already played left back, right back and centre back in his short time here. Has also played midfield previously.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 7, 2019, 11:30am; Reply: 26
all of that back 4 at Palace were just outstanding
Posted by: mariner91, January 7, 2019, 3:01pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from ginnywings
I see RHJ as a wing back long term. He has played right mid in his career and scored 5 goals in 25 starts for Braintree. Think Bignot played him in that position when he went on loan to Chester. Hendrie is that utility player that every team needs and has already played left back, right back and centre back in his short time here. Has also played midfield previously.

I would really like to see us sign Hendrie. I think he's excellent for this level and as you say can cover a number of positions.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 7, 2019, 3:28pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Hagrid
all of that back 4 at Palace were just outstanding

I think for most of the second half that would be a back 8/9
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 2:24pm