Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, January 5, 2019, 8:45pm
Everyone was magnificent but I thought Mitch Rose was particularly worthy of praise. Playing out of position up against probably the most skilful winger in the country, he was superb. A better full back than his brother  ;)
Posted by: Hagrid, January 5, 2019, 8:49pm; Reply: 1
All of them superb. RHJ my MOM i thought he was magnificint
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 5, 2019, 8:56pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Hagrid

According to Danny Collins RHJ playing with a groin injury so even more impressive, thought he was very good New Years Day as well so given his age another with great potential.
Posted by: barralad, January 5, 2019, 9:09pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Hagrid

I'm currently sat on a train talking to two Palace fans who both reckon that RHJ is up there with the best defenders seen at Palace this season on his performance tonight. Simply outstanding...
Posted by: gytone, January 5, 2019, 9:12pm; Reply: 4
Also thought Mitch was outstanding particularly against that arrogant posing KNob Zaha plus the fact he's not played that much recently.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 5, 2019, 9:46pm; Reply: 5
Motm for me. He's our mvp as he's so versatile. And takes pens and long throws. Wouldn't surprise me if he went in goal and played a blinder. Must admit I thought mj should play Pollock and leave out Rose but his selection has been vindicated.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 5, 2019, 9:59pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from barralad

I'm currently sat on a train talking to two Palace fans who both reckon that RHJ is up there with the best defenders seen at Palace this season on his performance tonight. Simply outstanding...

Funny isn't it, how different fans view players? I've liked RHJ since he came here, and at one game earlier in the season, i had a heated argument with a guy who was giving him pelters, and said he was Conference North standard at best.

Sometimes, adversity makes people perform, and i hope his stints at the back, out of position, make some realise that we have some promising youngsters at the club, who just need time to get to grips with the game. Cardwell is someone else who is being questioned on his ability by some, but a bit of patience is called for with lads who have not had a lot of experience in the game. Thought he was outstanding today, and looked better than i thought possible, given his season so far.
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 5, 2019, 10:02pm; Reply: 7
Congrats to Mitch for keeping Zaha in his pocket for most of the game, also Zaha never got chance to do his customary dive.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 5, 2019, 10:04pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Gaffer58
Congrats to Mitch for keeping Zaha in his pocket for most of the game, also Zaha never got chance to do his customary dive.

God knows he tried.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 5, 2019, 10:38pm; Reply: 9
I rate both of them, I’d be talking to Mitch now about extending his deal if I where Jolley. We have some promising talent and need to get it tied down.
Posted by: fiveallive, January 6, 2019, 3:49am; Reply: 10
Quoted from barralad

HE played excellent today maybe Wilkinson deserves some praise aswell for getting here last season.

RHJ has responded brilliantly from his performance against FGR.
Posted by: willows fc, January 6, 2019, 10:19am; Reply: 11
Hard to single anyone out last night but also thought Martin Woolford was brilliant
Posted by: Hagrid, January 6, 2019, 10:34am; Reply: 12
Yeah woolford was, another not in his position and he was superb. They all deserved so much more
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 6, 2019, 10:37am; Reply: 13
Wonder if Danny had.a quiet word in Mitches ear on how to deal with Zaha and my god I bet Zaha was pee'd right off...having a league 2 midfielder, playing right back, Zaha must've thought all his Christmas's had come at once but little did he know....Mitch didn't give him an inch, Zaha tried all the tricks, flicks and occasionally Chu ked himself down liking a dying swan and Mitch Rose just stuck to his task....Premier League?you're having a laugh!!!!....
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 6, 2019, 10:38am; Reply: 14
Favourite bit of Roses defending yesterday was when Zaha went down in the middle of the pitch, play carried on but Rose stood next to Zaha until he got up. Talk about man marking  ;D
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 6, 2019, 10:38am; Reply: 15
Nobody in that back line was playing in their natural position. Mitch looked a bit shaky at right back against Mansfield but yesterday he was superb.

Embleton showed the other side to his game. Special mention to Harry Cardwell for me who spent the last 25 minutes man marking Connor Wickham in the centre of a flat back 5.

This team need our full backing now. Each and every one of those players fight to the bitter end and play for each other. Amazing how Clifton couldn't get a look in under Hurst, Bignot or Slade yet Jolley has selected him from day one and he has been superb for us.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 6, 2019, 11:27am; Reply: 16
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Nobody in that back line was playing in their natural position. Mitch looked a bit shaky at right back against Mansfield but yesterday he was superb.

Embleton showed the other side to his game. Special mention to Harry Cardwell for me who spent the last 25 minutes man marking Connor Wickham in the centre of a flat back 5.

This team need our full backing now. Each and every one of those players fight to the bitter end and play for each other. Amazing how Clifton couldn't get a look in under Hurst, Bignot or Slade yet Jolley has selected him from day one and he has been superb for us.

I thought MJ's responses to Roy's changes in tactics showed real clarity of thinking and that our players where able to adapt so quickly showed real character as well as underlining that the coaching is going in the right direction.  

I like Rose as he always tries to get the ball down and is incredibly calm especially on spot kicks. He's still relatively young but shows real maturity in the way he plays, like I said above we need to be talking to him now about an extension as he could be a very important player in MJ's long term plans.

Speaking of maturity I fully agree both Embleton covering Woolly and Cardwell in his defending looked ahead of their years but you could also add  Hess, Harry Clifton and RHJ to that list as well.    
Posted by: buckstown, January 6, 2019, 2:02pm; Reply: 17
Zaha went for a poo after the game. When he turned round to reach for the paper Mitch handed it to him, still six inches behind, breathing down his neck
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 6, 2019, 2:04pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I thought MJ's responses to Roy's changes in tactics showed real clarity of thinking and that our players where able to adapt so quickly showed real character as well as underlining that the coaching is going in the right direction.  

I like Rose as he always tries to get the ball down and is incredibly calm especially on spot kicks. He's still relatively young but shows real maturity in the way he plays, like I said above we need to be talking to him now about an extension as he could be a very important player in MJ's long term plans.

Speaking of maturity I fully agree both Embleton covering Woolly and Cardwell in his defending looked ahead of their years but you could also add  Hess, Harry Clifton and RHJ to that list as well.    

Is he in MJ's long term plans as he hasn't been first choice until the recent injuries.

As for yesterday I thought his indiscipline let him down, gave away too many petty free kicks which he ended getting booked for then gave another away when Zaha was going nowhere and that one cost us the game. :-/
Posted by: Hagrid, January 6, 2019, 2:05pm; Reply: 19
They wernt free kicks. They were bought and atkinson fell for it every time
Posted by: nightrider, January 6, 2019, 2:10pm; Reply: 20
The one for the goal was a free kick. That was the only one mind  ;D
Posted by: lukeo, January 6, 2019, 4:48pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from buckstown
Zaha went for a poo after the game. When he turned round to reach for the paper Mitch handed it to him, still six inches behind, breathing down his neck

Tickled me! Hahaha
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 6, 2019, 6:44pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from lukeo

Tickled me! Hahaha

Was Mitch still in the bog then when you went?  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 6, 2019, 6:44pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from arryarryarry

Is he in MJ's long term plans as he hasn't been first choice until the recent injuries.

As for yesterday I thought his indiscipline let him down, gave away too many petty free kicks which he ended getting booked for then gave another away when Zaha was going nowhere and that one cost us the game. :-/

You need a strong squad.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 6, 2019, 7:55pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from arryarryarry

https://twitter.com/grimsbytownpr/status/1081994816307818497?s=12

Maybe maybe not.......... bit in bold, bit harsh I reckon considering he's a 4th Division footballer playing against a player who has stitched up numerous top call defenders with his antics in the past.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 6, 2019, 9:37pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from HertsGTFC

[/b]

Maybe maybe not.......... bit in bold, bit harsh I reckon considering he's a 4th Division footballer playing against a player who has stitched up numerous top call defenders with his antics in the past.

I disagree, I don't think it had anything to do with what division he plays in, it was Ayew with the ball he was heading for the side touchline going away from the penalty area, he was also being shepherded by RHJ and Rose comes along and puts his leg across him inviting the ref to give a free kick, just a stupid challenge especially so close to the penalty area and with 3 minutes to go.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 6, 2019, 9:40pm; Reply: 26
They were absolutely knackered though having given everything - doesn't help your decision making when you're completely copulated.
Posted by: LH, January 6, 2019, 9:46pm; Reply: 27
Mitch is a fourth division player but he’s probably played street footy with his brother who has played in the World Cup and the Champions League. He really should have known better  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 6, 2019, 11:11pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from HertsGTFC

[/b]

Who's the Palace player in the background that's completely missed the ball? De de de de, f'cking useless!
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 9:27am