Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 4, 2019, 3:57pm
John Sheridan has quit as Carlisle manager and is hot favourite to fill the vacant managerial post at Chesterfield.

Strange move to swap from a team in the League 2 play-offs to a team in The National League relegation zone!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46758966
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 4, 2019, 4:00pm; Reply: 1
5 wins in a row as well

Sounds like something isn't right behind the scenes - more to this story than we will know one suspects
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 4, 2019, 4:02pm; Reply: 2
Assume money talks and probably given he played at Sheff Wednesday he probably lives locally. He certainly moves round hell of a lot for a Manager and many of his appointments seem to last short periods but not checked to see if this is correct.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 4, 2019, 4:09pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Assume money talks and probably given he played at Sheff Wednesday he probably lives locally. He certainly moves round hell of a lot for a Manager and many of his appointments seem to last short periods but not checked to see if this is correct.

Given that he has managed Oldham 5 times, the chances are he probably lives on that side of the Pennines!

My bet is that there has been a fallout at Carlisle, Sheridan was never afraid to open his mouth.

Posted by: Abdul19, January 4, 2019, 5:19pm; Reply: 4

Sheridan was never afraid to open his mouth.

You're not wrong! :o

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/20/john-sheridans-foul-mouthed-rant-referee-lays-bare-abuse-officials/

“In the 55th minute fourth official Matthew Donohue informed me that Notts County manager John Sheridan should be removed from the technical area for his behaviour towards himself. I then asked Mr Sheridan to leave the technical area, and take a place in the stands. Mr Sheridan then said to me 'You're a f****** disgrace, you're f****** useless, you've not f****** got anything right today, you should be f****** ashamed, you're f****** excrement, my kids aren't going to get any f****** Christmas presents because of f****** you. Mr Sheridan then took his place in the stands for the rest of the game.”

Posted by: Mikey_345, January 4, 2019, 5:23pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Abdul19

You're not wrong! :o

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/20/john-sheridans-foul-mouthed-rant-referee-lays-bare-abuse-officials/

“In the 55th minute fourth official Matthew Donohue informed me that Notts County manager John Sheridan should be removed from the technical area for his behaviour towards himself. I then asked Mr Sheridan to leave the technical area, and take a place in the stands. Mr Sheridan then said to me 'You're a f****** disgrace, you're f****** useless, you've not f****** got anything right today, you should be f****** ashamed, you're f****** excrement, my kids aren't going to get any f****** Christmas presents because of f****** you. Mr Sheridan then took his place in the stands for the rest of the game.”

Probably gave a throw the wrong way knowing Sheridan!
Posted by: grimps, January 4, 2019, 5:37pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimps
I’ve been to bigger excrement holes than chesterfield for money , can’t fault him

Posted by: Skrill, January 4, 2019, 6:13pm; Reply: 7
What the actual intercourse Carlisle
Posted by: forza ivano, January 4, 2019, 6:20pm; Reply: 8
Wasn't he saying some very strange things about his players over Xmas, even though they'd won 6-0
Posted by: Meza, January 4, 2019, 6:36pm; Reply: 9
I was looking on Chesterfields forum when Allen got sacked and they all want Sheridan as he knows the club.  
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 3:15am