Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 4, 2019, 10:37am
FULL allocation of 1550 tickets received. Go on sale to season ticket holders from Monday.

I would think that ST holders will take most, if not all of these.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/lincoln-city-ticket-information/
Posted by: Hagrid, January 4, 2019, 10:46am; Reply: 1
male masturbators lincoln. Hope the next time we play them we give them as few as possible
Posted by: Cloudy, January 4, 2019, 10:54am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Hagrid
male masturbators lincoln. Hope the next time we play them we give them as few as possible

Why? They have given us the full allocation!
Posted by: Hagrid, January 4, 2019, 10:55am; Reply: 3
That stand holds a lot more than 1500
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, January 4, 2019, 10:57am; Reply: 4
When it was the CO-OP I’m sure it could sit over 1800
Posted by: Cloudy, January 4, 2019, 11:00am; Reply: 5
Safety officers & police insist numbers are limited to 1500. Not a lot the club can do about that.
Posted by: Cloudy, January 4, 2019, 11:00am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
When it was the CO-OP I’m sure it could sit over 1800

Different stand though
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, January 4, 2019, 11:01am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Cloudy

Different stand though

I know.....
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 4, 2019, 11:06am; Reply: 8
We took just shy of 1700 last season...
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 4, 2019, 11:12am; Reply: 9
I have, on past occasions, gone in their family stand and there's normally a fair few Town in there. Pretty certain that the club were aware they were selling to a Town fan.  I think this year it will be different though. Looks like I'll have to join in the 'is there anyone I know who can help' brigade this time.

Hope to see you there  :-/  UTM
Posted by: Hagrid, January 4, 2019, 11:12am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Cloudy
Safety officers & police insist numbers are limited to 1500. Not a lot the club can do about that.

your talking rubbish again, we took more than 1500 last season im 100% certain
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, January 4, 2019, 11:28am; Reply: 11
Don’t argue children, that’s what we’ve been given, move on.😎
Posted by: Stadium, January 4, 2019, 11:31am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Hagrid

???
We almost certainly did.
However the point stands it'll be the police etc who decide.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, January 4, 2019, 11:31am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Hagrid

1696 last season.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 4, 2019, 11:35am; Reply: 14
Can't blame the Gimps for this. Especially now they sell out the home allocation. Unlike the days in the Conference when we could have filled half the ground if they'd given us the chance.
Posted by: grimps, January 4, 2019, 11:50am; Reply: 15
Any football clubs business plan must be to have a full stadium , the capacity’s of all British stadiums have all had full risk assessments done and deemed safe .

Now if any football clubs safety officer takes a job then he should be able to safely manage that ground at a full capacity .
If I went into my work on Monday and said I’d like to reduce  my workload today by 25% as it’s a little bit difficult , I’d be lucky to keep my job .

Anyone can safely manage an empty stadium , these guys have been employed to manage a full one
Posted by: Helgy, January 4, 2019, 11:55am; Reply: 16
The SW holds 1900 but after Mansfield's visit there was a flashpoint in the bottom corner when they scored a bloke typically nothing to do with got a coin in his eye and it was quite bad.

That why I think its now 1500 and the segregated area will be next to the Co-Op, so creating a sterile area.

Posted by: Cloudy, January 4, 2019, 12:30pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Helgy
The SW holds 1900 but after Mansfield's visit there was a flashpoint in the bottom corner when they scored a bloke typically nothing to do with got a coin in his eye and it was quite bad.

That why I think its now 1500 and the segregated area will be next to the Co-Op, so creating a sterile area.

A reasonable explanation IMO
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 4, 2019, 1:18pm; Reply: 18
[quote=446, so creating a sterile area.

[/quote]

And to be fair it’s not that large. Indeed up to two seasons ago the sterile area was half the fking ground 😉
Posted by: Cloudy, January 4, 2019, 1:42pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Hagrid

I am not talking rubbish!

The safety officer, as stated below, insists a sterile area is left free.

We DID take more than 1500 last season but I didn’t dispute that, I simply said they had given us the maximum available allocation.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 4, 2019, 7:38pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from grimps
Any football clubs business plan must be to have a full stadium , the capacity’s of all British stadiums have all had full risk assessments done and deemed safe .

Now if any football clubs safety officer takes a job then he should be able to safely manage that ground at a full capacity .
If I went into my work on Monday and said I’d like to reduce  my workload today by 25% as it’s a little bit difficult , I’d be lucky to keep my job .

Anyone can safely manage an empty stadium , these guys have been employed to manage a full one

Flipping heck, I hope you're never a health and safety manager at any place I work. Full production for one hour is no good if an accident causes a complete closure of the plant.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 4, 2019, 7:45pm; Reply: 21
To be fair, last time I was in the Stacey West I spent the second half collecting coins from my seat that were being launched by Lincoln fans. The simple solutions is to identify those responsible and punish them accordingly but they seem scared of the 617 Squadron.
Posted by: Bigdog, January 4, 2019, 8:13pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from jamesgtfc
To be fair, last time I was in the Stacey West I spent the second half collecting coins from my seat that were being launched by Lincoln fans. The simple solutions is to identify those responsible and punish them accordingly but they seem scared of the 617 Squadron.

I can't believe there's anyone on earth that's scared of the 617 Squadron. Bunch of kids whose voices have barely broken..
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 4, 2019, 8:43pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The 617 squadron, all praise to them for what they did 70 odd years ago but, unless they've got jet powered zimmer frames I shouldn't think their up for a rumble these days.
Posted by: Sconeboy, January 5, 2019, 8:39pm; Reply: 24
Massive long shot I know and not expecting any favours buuuuut if anybody that isn’t going is able get me one ticket or lend a season ticket then a PM would be much appreciated.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 5, 2019, 10:04pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Don't they know the 1/2 pence piece was taken out of circulation in 1984, still that could explain why they are dressed in their parents clothes from when they were kids in the 80's. 617 squadron got their name from the B-side of BIG SHAQ - MANS Not Hot song,  stiruuuuup pop pop skiddy kat kat kat  6+1=7 quick maths

[youtube]3M_5oYU-IsU[/youtube]
Posted by: bawarmy, January 6, 2019, 2:16am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Cloudy

Why? They have given us the full allocation!

They could give us their whole crappy ground, they’d still be male masturbators
Posted by: grimps, January 6, 2019, 4:51am; Reply: 27
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Flipping heck, I hope you're never a health and safety manager at any place I work. Full production for one hour is no good if an accident causes a complete closure of the plant.

A plant closure for a routine operation to what it was designed for wouldn’t be tolerated .
If operators couldn’t handle the running of that plant under normal conditions then they shouldn’t be in the job
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 6, 2019, 1:31pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from grimps

A plant closure for a routine operation to what it was designed for wouldn’t be tolerated .
If operators couldn’t handle the running of that plant under normal conditions then they shouldn’t be in the job

But the point is, when there's a high risk operation that's not within the normal parameters then by definition it's not normal conditions.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 6, 2019, 4:43pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from KingstonMariner

But the point is, when there's a high risk operation that's not within the normal parameters then by definition it's not normal conditions.

So are you saying the Gimps can never have a full capacity crowd, due to not being able to handle a full away end.
And before you say Town are high risk. When was the last time there was trouble INSIDE the stadium?  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 6, 2019, 6:42pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Civvy at last

So are you saying the Gimps can never have a full capacity crowd, due to not being able to handle a full away end.
And before you say Town are high risk. When was the last time there was trouble INSIDE the stadium?  

These things are never simple calculations, and the club won't be able to make all decisions the way they want. Sadly Grimsby Town are seen as high risk, and you could argue the fact there's been little trouble inside the ground is down to good precautions.
Posted by: barralad, January 6, 2019, 7:34pm; Reply: 31

At the night game last season in non-league when the Gimps won 3-2 in the corner between Stacey West and Co-Op which resulted in a Grimsby steward loaned to them being knocked unconscious and, which incidentally led to a reduction in capacity because they turned that corner into a safe zone.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 7, 2019, 12:12am; Reply: 32
I heard it was a complaint from 6+1=7 quick maths squadron who were fed up of being out sung.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 7, 2019, 10:03am; Reply: 33
Quoted from barralad

At the night game last season in non-league when the Gimps won 3-2 in the corner between Stacey West and Co-Op which resulted in a Grimsby steward loaned to them being knocked unconscious and, which incidentally led to a reduction in capacity because they turned that corner into a safe zone.

And was that Steward assaulted by a Grimsby supporter ?  
If so then I will concede that justifies reducing our allocation.
If, however he was assaulted by a Gimp fan. Then make THEIR area the sterile section not ours.
I rember talk of the incident, but never noticed who was to blame. So my question above is genuine.
Posted by: Helgy, January 7, 2019, 12:15pm; Reply: 34
That happened in the non league last season it didn’t affect anything against Mansfield a fan was struck in his eye by a coin really nasty Injury so that’s more than likely the reason as there was a flashpoint in that corner.
Posted by: ska face, January 7, 2019, 1:03pm; Reply: 35
700 gone by 1pm.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 7, 2019, 1:19pm; Reply: 36
cant see them making saturday at this rate

if any ST holders on here arent going i wonder if i could use their stub(s) for 2 tickets  i'll get you a crate of beer or whatever!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 7, 2019, 1:19pm; Reply: 37
Just got mine sorted.... we're on our way!!  UTM
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, January 7, 2019, 2:18pm; Reply: 38
We only have to give you 1k, so think yourself lucky. I personally would have given you just 1k.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 7, 2019, 2:36pm; Reply: 39
We only have to give you 1k, so think yourself lucky. I personally would have given you just 1k.

intercourse off mate. Remember the days when we had half the co-op and you were no-where to be seen. You and the rest of your plastics dont half have short memories.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, January 7, 2019, 2:39pm; Reply: 40

Back to your homework!
Posted by: Mariner16, January 7, 2019, 2:55pm; Reply: 41
Give us 1k and we will give you that many next time you visit. Up to you.
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, January 7, 2019, 3:04pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Hagrid

intercourse off mate. Remember the days when we had half the co-op and you were no-where to be seen. You and the rest of your plastics dont half have short memories.

I've been watching them 40 years helmet, so what. I think , having 1500-2k of you loons behind the goal is a disadvantage , especially when we are going for promotion.

Anyway where did all your plastics come from on Saturday?

Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, January 7, 2019, 3:07pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Mariner16
Give us 1k and we will give you that many next time you visit. Up to you.

Yeah I would be happy with that.

Posted by: Gaffer58, January 7, 2019, 3:14pm; Reply: 44
I know they could sell all of their current allocation for BP at the moment because they are currently successful, but over the last 10/20 years how many times have they sold out, so if we go by historical figures we should only give them about 700/800 .
Posted by: pizzzza, January 7, 2019, 3:14pm; Reply: 45

I've been watching them 40 years helmet,

[img]https://i.imgur.com/GpXuDLg.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 7, 2019, 3:15pm; Reply: 46

I've been watching them 40 years helmet, so what. I think , having 1500-2k of you loons behind the goal is a disadvantage , especially when we are going for promotion.

sodomist off back to your own forum. Plastics? Pot bloody kettle black coming from a team who couldn't fill our away end until recently.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 7, 2019, 3:42pm; Reply: 47

I've been watching them 40 years helmet,

I’m guessing 38 years of those were DVD and VHS highlights !!!
That doesn’t count you plastic cunnt
Posted by: andypandy04, January 7, 2019, 3:43pm; Reply: 48

Low intellect oddball,even your own supporters are embarrassed regarding you
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), January 7, 2019, 3:44pm; Reply: 49

One DVD.
Posted by: andypandy04, January 7, 2019, 3:47pm; Reply: 50

Why do you act so immature if you are that old,something doesn't add up
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, January 7, 2019, 3:56pm; Reply: 51

I am sure you will have a DVD about your rearguard match at Palace soon.

To call me, when people on here are talking about promotion..

(eek).. That will be put to bed on the 19th when we smash you again like last year.
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, January 7, 2019, 3:57pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

sodomist off back to your own forum. Plastics? Pot bloody kettle black coming from a team who couldn't fill our away end until recently.

Won't be on here next year as we will be in different divisions.

Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 7, 2019, 4:11pm; Reply: 53

Tell us why you come on here will you? Never been on whatever forum you have but can’t imagine there’ are Town fans on there giving it the gig’un. If you’ve been a season ticket holder for 40 years you should know you had crowds of around 1k not long ago. Suggest wipe your keyboard down with wet wipes and go join your all conquering team.
Posted by: ska face, January 7, 2019, 4:11pm; Reply: 54
Tragic.

Anyway, 1100 done as of 4pm so if anyone wants one I suggest you get one online ASAP tonight.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 7, 2019, 4:12pm; Reply: 55
A near 40/50 year old man😂😂😂 what an embarrassment you are
Posted by: oochiad, January 7, 2019, 4:14pm; Reply: 56
Please ban the gimp.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 7, 2019, 4:40pm; Reply: 57
Is it true they now sell Prawn Sandwiches (With the crust cut off) to the home fans at Sincil Bank?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 7, 2019, 4:43pm; Reply: 58

Best go now then as you used to talk a bit of sense, but now you sound like a thirteen year old.   ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: ska face, January 7, 2019, 4:48pm; Reply: 59
Over 1300 gone

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1082312892706365442?s=21
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, January 7, 2019, 5:13pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

Tell us why you come on here will you? Never been on whatever forum you have but can’t imagine there’ are Town fans on there giving it the gig’un. If you’ve been a season ticket holder for 40 years you should know you had crowds of around 1k not long ago. Suggest wipe your keyboard down with wet wipes and go join your all conquering team.

Crowds of 1k - Don't be silly.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 7, 2019, 5:25pm; Reply: 61
You had 1800 for a home game. But of course you wouldnt know having only been going for 2 years. Muppet
Posted by: ska face, January 7, 2019, 5:33pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Hagrid
You had 1800 for a home game. But of course you wouldnt know having only been going for 2 years. Muppet

As a mod, why don’t you just fucck him off rather than biting at every post?
Posted by: oochiad, January 7, 2019, 5:37pm; Reply: 63
Yes please sack him off. He’s a parasite only here to annoy with nothing constructive to say. Very childish.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, January 7, 2019, 5:43pm; Reply: 64
96 left
Posted by: Helgy, January 7, 2019, 5:50pm; Reply: 65

Yeah I would be happy with that.

Had an agreement in place for away allocations we could not go back on it.

Posted by: Hagrid, January 7, 2019, 5:53pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from ska face

As a mod, why don’t you just fucck him off rather than biting at every post?

Not my call im afraid
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 7, 2019, 7:11pm; Reply: 67
SOLD OUT
Posted by: sydney, January 7, 2019, 7:26pm; Reply: 68
Probably got little chance here but if any season ticket holder can’t make it would be delighted to receive p.m.
Thanks
Come on Town!
Posted by: rancido, January 7, 2019, 7:34pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from andypandy04

Why do you act so immature if you are that old,something doesn't add up

Not really ! Bodily age 52 , mental age 9 - simples!
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 7, 2019, 7:53pm; Reply: 70

Crowds of 1k - Don't be silly.

ok, a little more:

2182 was your average attendance just 5 years ago.

Strange how over 5,000 of you tell everyone you've gone years and always had seasons tickets ;)
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, January 7, 2019, 9:29pm; Reply: 71
Do you think that we might get a further ticket allocation?
I couldn't get there because of family illnesses
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 7, 2019, 9:35pm; Reply: 72
I heard that David Attenborough is doing his next documentary from Sincil Bank as there's so much plastic there these days it's devastating the local wildlife!
Posted by: Mariner16, January 7, 2019, 9:46pm; Reply: 73
Can we have this live on ifollow then? It ain't affecting ticket sales
Posted by: Mariner16, January 7, 2019, 9:46pm; Reply: 74
Can we have this live on ifollow then? It ain't affecting ticket sales
Posted by: mariner83, January 8, 2019, 7:18am; Reply: 75
Not a 15:00 KO so should be available, or does that only apply to midweek games?
Posted by: ska face, January 8, 2019, 7:36am; Reply: 76
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
Do you think that we might get a further ticket allocation?
I couldn't get there because of family illnesses

Nope. Home ends sold out already.
Posted by: kamakazebear, January 8, 2019, 8:21am; Reply: 77
Quoted from ska face

So it just proves they were chatting absolute bullshit a few seasons ago in the conference when they decided to stop playing us on the Christmas/NY bank holidays because "You're just not a derby to us" after we used to smash them every year.

But now they're winning, of course it sells out. Bloody plastics.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 8, 2019, 8:50am; Reply: 78
Is 1500 the capacity of the stand behind the goal? Sure we had more last time
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, January 8, 2019, 9:22am; Reply: 79
Quoted from ska face

Gutted but thanks for letting me know
Posted by: Croxton, January 8, 2019, 9:28am; Reply: 80
I snoozed and lost! I am sure there are other exile STH's who had left it to today to phone the ticket office and now scrabbling around for TV/ Bet365 etc.  
Posted by: ginnywings, January 8, 2019, 10:03am; Reply: 81
Won't have this problem when they build their new 150,000 capacity Superdome. Mind you, they will be in the new European Super League by then, so it won't matter anyway.
Posted by: oochiad, January 8, 2019, 10:15am; Reply: 82
At work yesterday, totally blew it in getting my ticket. Never thought they’d sell in a day. Shows that we’re definitely on the up! UTFM!
Posted by: Doubled, January 8, 2019, 5:49pm; Reply: 83
I didn't get home from the Palace game until late last night, so missed my chance!
Posted by: wigworld, January 8, 2019, 5:52pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Doubled
I didn't get home from the Palace game until late last night, so missed my chance!

I know there were no trains back, but I had no idea people were making the journey on a push-bike!

Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 12:46am