Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, January 3, 2019, 8:50am
There's a new railcard for those aged 26-30 available for £30 which saves you a third off train tickets.  If you use it a couple of times you are likely to save £30 you bought the ticket for.

https://www.26-30railcard.co.uk/using-your-railcard/the-benefits/
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 3, 2019, 8:55am; Reply: 1
Why the age bracket??

I'm over 30 and would defo consider something like that - especially after a couple of uses you have basically paid for the card
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, January 3, 2019, 9:02am; Reply: 2
26-30, i've edited the original post to make it a little clearer.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2019, 9:20am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Why the age bracket??

I'm over 30 and would defo consider something like that - especially after a couple of uses you have basically paid for the card

If you are between 30 and 60, there are some other options available, but unfortunately not for single travellers. There is the 2 together railcard which myself and Ms Ginny have. There is the family and friends railcard, and there is also group bookings. The train fares in this country are extortionately high and it's a right faff trying to get discounted tickets, but it can be done with a bit of work, buying tickets in advance and split ticketing, if you can be bothered.

I'm 60 in August and will be getting a senior railcard, which will mean a third off all my fares regardless. It's about time we as a country started to encourage more rail travel, and made it a cheaper and hassle free experience. While the rail companies are privately owned, i can't see anything other than year on year price rises. The new 26 to 30 railcard is just an extension of the 16 to 25 one, and has only been introduced to appease people after yet another price hike. It's all the fault of the Unions apparently. :-/
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 3, 2019, 9:32am; Reply: 4
Will have a look into the one for a couples although Mrs Mariner Timsky isn't a fan of away days, ,  

I'm more of a last minute rail user and every now and again it works out more economic / convenient than using the car , , , , , , oh and it means I can partake in a shandy or two!  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2019, 9:40am; Reply: 5
Doesn't have to be your partner. It's any two named people travelling together, so if you want to use trains, and have a mate you travel with, then it's a good option to save a third off your fare.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, January 3, 2019, 10:07am; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

If you are between 30 and 60, there are some other options available, but unfortunately not for single travellers. There is the 2 together railcard which myself and Ms Ginny have. There is the family and friends railcard, and there is also group bookings. The train fares in this country are extortionately high and it's a right faff trying to get discounted tickets, but it can be done with a bit of work, buying tickets in advance and split ticketing, if you can be bothered.

I'm 60 in August and will be getting a senior railcard, which will mean a third off all my fares regardless. It's about time we as a country started to encourage more rail travel, and made it a cheaper and hassle free experience. While the rail companies are privately owned, i can't see anything other than year on year price rises. The new 26 to 30 railcard is just an extension of the 16 to 25 one, and has only been introduced to appease people after yet another price hike. It's all the fault of the Unions apparently. :-/

They do seem to be striking the same time every year, becoming a joke.
Posted by: ska face, January 3, 2019, 10:18am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Why the age bracket??

To appease a section of the public that are broadly unsupportive of the Conservative party.
Posted by: mariner83, January 3, 2019, 10:27am; Reply: 8
Discount code for 2Together  is DTTR10  expires 07/01/2019
Posted by: Croxton, January 3, 2019, 11:50am; Reply: 9
I would have renewed my Senior Railcard if there were trains back to Sheffield after Midweek games. Strikes and having to stand almost all the way to Morecambe last year affected the decision too. Complicated and lengthy journeys in League 2 take up more time than I have. Buying a much better car made life easier too!
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 12:15am