Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 1, 2019, 3:18pm
After travelling all the way down to Exeter and grinding out a great result,

,Having to field a team today that had no available centre backs,

Players playing out of position and carrying knocks,

Playing a team unbeaten away from home and only lost once all season,

I would like to say thank you lads you have done us proud.

Now have a rest and enjoy the day at the Palace next Saturday,

We believe in you,  UTM
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 1, 2019, 3:29pm; Reply: 1
Everything is positive about the club at the moment, and they all deserve all the credit they are getting.

My only slight negative is Akheem Rose, he had 30 mins and did nothing? Doesn't look like a footballer to me unfortunatley
Posted by: Abdul19, January 1, 2019, 3:35pm; Reply: 2
Think that's harsh (he won us a pen 3 days ago). He's a young lad up against the best defence in the division.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 1, 2019, 3:36pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Everything is positive about the club at the moment, and they all deserve all the credit they are getting.

My only slight negative is Akheem Rose, he had 30 mins and did nothing? Doesn't look like a footballer to me unfortunatley

A young lad with barely a handful of first team appearances did nothing against the best defence i have seen here all season, doesn't look like a footballer? Get a grip man.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 1, 2019, 3:37pm; Reply: 4
I thought Rose looked much better when Vernam came on and he moved into his natural position up front.
Posted by: Maringer, January 1, 2019, 3:52pm; Reply: 5
A bit disappointing to lose to a free header in the box like that but I suppose that's what you expect when you're lacking central defenders. Otherwise, everyone put in a good shift and we played some good football at times. Unfortunately, we scuffed the few chances which came our way and the final ball was often lacking.

You could see the players really hit the wall after about 20 minutes of the second half though they did well to rally and put some pressure on at the end. Mansfield had the nouse to cheat/time waste to take the wind out of our sails whenever we developed a little momentum. Aided and abetted by the weak referee, of course.

Oh well, I reckon we'd all have been happy with 6 points from 9 before this tricky run of games. Hopefully another signing or two yet to come to give us a chance of pushing for the play-offs.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), January 1, 2019, 4:00pm; Reply: 6
Agreed against a very good well organised side we did really well. Thought at times the ball didn't run for us. Unlucky not to get a point. I didn't totally agree with the ref.
Didn't like Bishop but that was some goal.
Akeem Rose played on the left when he first came on and I thought he defended well. He'll be some player after a few more games. :)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 1, 2019, 4:07pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

He did not get much of a chance they kept possession for long periods and he never got any decent balls to chase on to give the lad a chance, please.
Posted by: LH, January 1, 2019, 4:14pm; Reply: 8
Ahkeem wasn’t given a decent chance at using his best attribute of pace partly because we were aimlessly getting rid (no blame here - patched together defence doing what they could) and the fact that Mansfield had a really organised defence. Very harsh to single him out today.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 1, 2019, 4:31pm; Reply: 9
Crazy comment given like a number of others he played the majority of his game time out of position. Not a game to judge any player but fair to say all players were 100% committed to the cause so no complaints from me,
Posted by: lukeo, January 1, 2019, 6:03pm; Reply: 10
Akheem had no chance to impress, out of position until 80 odd minute by then we struggled to get the ball to him.
Posted by: Garth, January 1, 2019, 6:25pm; Reply: 11
Akheem Rose one of the most promising exciting forward players we had for some time, will become another Omar in time with more pace than Boges
Posted by: Garth, January 1, 2019, 6:25pm; Reply: 12
Akheem Rose one of the most promising exciting forward players we had for some time, will become another Omar in time with more pace than Boges
Posted by: Teesknees, January 1, 2019, 6:54pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Well you think Jarmo was a God!
Posted by: moosey_club, January 1, 2019, 7:38pm; Reply: 14
hopefully the players felt the warmth of the crowd today....they were cheered off at half time with a Marriineerrs cry and again at full time they were applauded off...disappointing result today but the crowd stuck with the players, appreciated their efforts and recent results and rightly showed it today.
UTM
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 1, 2019, 7:43pm; Reply: 15
Well said Pete 👍
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 1, 2019, 8:11pm; Reply: 16
Nailed it for us there Pete 👍
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 10:54pm