Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 29, 2018, 6:06pm
Well another year of following Town comes to an end and what a way to finish it off

Since Michael Jolley arrived in March, his league record this year has been W14 D7 L14.... given the mess that he took over, that to me is really commendable, Actually it's unbelievable given where he had to start from

At the end of last year / start of this year, with Slade in charge we were totally lacking direction & conviction and relegation out of the league might have easily become a reality

What's happened in the last nine months though is probably beyond everyone's expectations... all down to the manager getting players to work for him and for those players to also work for us the fans

We're nowhere near the finished article yet but we've given some hope back... we have a manager, a set of players and the majority of us fans all singing from the same sheet "All Town aren't we"

So should auld acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind? Out with the old and in with the new never seemed more apt with MJ

It's a great time to be following Town.... I'm not expecting us to tear up trees all the way through to May but to me this season now has the same kind of feeling we had under Buckley when he first joined us and look how that developed

UTM GTID
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 29, 2018, 6:50pm; Reply: 1
Agree MJ   has done a very good job indeed under  difficult circumstances,

First the position we were in when he took over then this season with injuries and suspensions ,

He is a very talented coach and manager and will manage at a top club one day,

Lets hope he stays for a while then we can enjoy a promotion or two.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 29, 2018, 10:15pm; Reply: 2
Saw the thread title and immediately thought it must be a JDT update on the Talbot  ;D
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 11:45pm