Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 23, 2018, 8:52pm
Saturday could see notts county firmly on the bottom should they fail to beat the shrimpers.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 23, 2018, 9:01pm; Reply: 1
Be a right pain if they went down, because they'd have to take that sign off the side of the stand.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 23, 2018, 9:10pm; Reply: 2
If they go down Stoke City will be the oldest league club in the league.
Posted by: Kris2, December 23, 2018, 10:13pm; Reply: 3
They seem to be at the point we were when we went down. Club in decline, an endless stream of managers with no ideas and players who don't really give a toss. Their fans are basically saying the same stuff about the manager and players as we did during the Woods era.
Posted by: mimma, December 24, 2018, 12:21am; Reply: 4
Their fans were chanting "National League; National League; National League" at the match on Saturday. Seem that they have already given up the fight. Not a good sign for them.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, December 24, 2018, 2:46am; Reply: 5
They looked awful in every area
Posted by: Gaffer58, December 24, 2018, 2:40pm; Reply: 6
The thing is we are in a position where we can comment with some previous knowledge of when a team looks destined for the non league abyss, and after last season our comment is " there but for the grace of cod".
Posted by: Barrattstander, December 24, 2018, 2:49pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Saturday could see notts county firmly on the bottom should they fail to beat the shrimpers.

They’ll be bottom on Boxing Day if they lose at Macclesfield.
On Saturday they play Bury who are nicknamed the ‘Shakers’.
Not sure when they play Morecambe aka the ‘Shrimpers’.
🧐
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 24, 2018, 3:02pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Barrattstander

They’ll be bottom on Boxing Day if they lose at Macclesfield.
On Saturday they play Bury who are nicknamed the ‘Shakers’.
Not sure when they play Morecambe aka the ‘Shrimpers’.
🧐

Bloody predictive text or maybe two many beers on Saturday lol
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 24, 2018, 3:11pm; Reply: 9
Notts County a club where the fans gloated at us going down despite us consistently talking over 2,000 there. Well lets see how chuffed you are at 1 man and his dog turning up eh Counteh ha ha.
Posted by: hheh2, December 24, 2018, 3:44pm; Reply: 10
Don't want County to go down but I remember the end of last season and their win a Chesterfield away and how much they gave it to them and now they're in that position is just crazy.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 24, 2018, 3:52pm; Reply: 11
If they go down that will make us the  most promoted/relegated side in the league will it not?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, December 24, 2018, 4:00pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from hheh2
Don't want County to go down but I remember the end of last season and their win a Chesterfield away and how much they gave it to them and now they're in that position is just crazy.

Funny my recollection is that game was on tv and Chesterfield actually won the game quite easily, remember thinking they looked a far better team than town and was becoming increasingly concerned for our future.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 24, 2018, 4:26pm; Reply: 13
Yeah County were awful and Chesterfield won 3-1. I also remember being very concerned (I'm guessing there's a thread with many people worrying about Lester 'turning it around') but luckily it was a false dawn.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 24, 2018, 7:39pm; Reply: 14
Boxing day derby with Chesterfield or Alfreton next season?
Posted by: RonMariner, December 26, 2018, 5:39pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Boxing day derby with Chesterfield or Alfreton next season?

At this rate Chesterfield will be relegated again.......

Not so long ago they were in L1 crowing about us being a feeder club for them when they signed Nolan.

Oh dear. What a shame.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 26, 2018, 6:20pm; Reply: 16
Chesterfield had nearly 5,000 today.  Wrexham had 8,000 with Shaun scoring.  Glad Salford got thrashed by Wrexham.
Posted by: mimma, December 26, 2018, 6:46pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
If they go down that will make us the  most promoted/relegated side in the league will it not?

I believe that without checking Plymouth will hold that record. There was a period were they were promoted and then relegated again every season for a fair few seasons on the trot.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 26, 2018, 7:20pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Chesterfield had nearly 5,000 today.  Wrexham had 8,000 with Shaun scoring.  Glad Salford got thrashed by Wrexham.

The New(ell) manager effect?  ;)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 26, 2018, 7:21pm; Reply: 19
I saw Notts County today and they were terrible. Campbell clearly has Macclesfield trying to pass the ball out from the back but their midfield had all the time in the world to pick a pass for most of the first half.

All kicked off late on when the big lad up front for Macclesfield was sent off for throwing a punch when a brawl occurred in his own goal following a save by the Macclesfield keeper.

Then deep into injury time County won a free kick and their player booted the ball at a Macclesfield player earning himself a straight red. The wheels look to have come off at County but I think Campbell might just pull Macclesfield to safety.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 26, 2018, 7:23pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I saw Notts County today and they were terrible. Campbell clearly has Macclesfield trying to pass the ball out from the back but their midfield had all the time in the world to pick a pass for most of the first half.

All kicked off late on when the big lad up front for Macclesfield was sent off for throwing a punch when a brawl occurred in his own goal following a save by the Macclesfield keeper.

Then deep into injury time County won a free kick and their player booted the ball at a Macclesfield player earning himself a straight red. The wheels look to have come off at County but I think Campbell might just pull Macclesfield to safety.

Never in doubt...all the future best manager in football history needed was an opportunity.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 26, 2018, 8:18pm; Reply: 21
If Chesterfield do go down again, they will have achieved a double relegation, just like York did.

They should still be good enough to beat York though.  York lost 5-1 to Darlington today.  In the supportive local paper 6 players were given a rating of 2.  The keeper got an 8 as he stopped a much bigger defeat.

How the mighty have fallen.  Both Chesterfield and York could easily have been playing each other in Div 1.
Posted by: RonMariner, December 26, 2018, 8:26pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
If Chesterfield do go down again, they will have achieved a double relegation, just like York did..

Won't it be a triple relegation?

Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, December 26, 2018, 8:26pm; Reply: 23
If chesterfield go down it will be a triple relegation will it not
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 26, 2018, 8:34pm; Reply: 24

It's scary how these mickey mouse clubs with a rich owner are taking the place of the proper football league clubs now.

Well done to Wrexham today for stuffing Salford.

Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 26, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 25
Shrimps - Morecambe
Shrimpers - Southend.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 26, 2018, 8:47pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from promotion plaice

It's scary how these mickey mouse clubs with a rich owner are taking the place of the proper football league clubs now.

Well done to Wrexham today for stuffing Salford.

The problem being a lot of these “proper football league clubs” have “Micky Mouse” owners. Even the ones not under the threat of relegation.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 27, 2018, 12:01am; Reply: 27
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Great crowds. Fair play to the Sheepshaggers (both lots of them  ;D) given how they're doing. We'd be very happy with either of those turnouts.

Chuffed for Wrexham with that result. Puts them second with a GIH.
Posted by: Cloudy, December 27, 2018, 12:40pm; Reply: 28
Martin Allen sacked
Posted by: Abdul19, December 27, 2018, 2:00pm; Reply: 29
I hope the statement is signed off with 'take care Martin'
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 6:22pm