Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 22, 2018, 8:38pm

Apparently he got a straight red card today, long overdue and he might be banned for their cup game against Everton   ;D
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, December 22, 2018, 8:48pm; Reply: 1
What did he do?
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 22, 2018, 8:48pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
What did he do?

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/red-card-for-dc.88976/
Posted by: RoboCod, December 22, 2018, 8:58pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

What a thread that is. Scotimp reaching an all-time low of clueless 're-write the football laws so that Danny is ok' tosh.

As noted by some Imps, the Cowleys are way overdue this.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 22, 2018, 11:13pm; Reply: 4
What did he do?

He was being Danny Cowley...nuff said
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 22, 2018, 11:21pm; Reply: 5
What did he do?

Breathed.
Posted by: sydney, December 22, 2018, 11:22pm; Reply: 6
Do you think there could be a chorus of
Danny Cowley, what a male masturbator, what a male masturbator
Danny Cowley what a male masturbator, what a male masturbator
On the 19th Jan
They love him so much in Gimp land that this will be a reality bite for all in one song
Come on Town
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 23, 2018, 11:59am; Reply: 7
Quoted from sydney
Do you think there could be a chorus of
Danny Cowley, what a male masturbator, what a male masturbator
Danny Cowley what a male masturbator, what a male masturbator
On the 19th Jan
They love him so much in Gimp land that this will be a reality bite for all in one song
Come on Town

If we could get under his skin maybe he'll get himself sent off like the Eyeliner Kid
Posted by: The Yard Dog, December 23, 2018, 12:05pm; Reply: 8
The new Steve Evans, we the fans, should treat the Cowley's, like we do to Evans when playing his teams.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 23, 2018, 12:43pm; Reply: 9
Clearly a talented coach but what a cockk he is
Posted by: Helgy, December 23, 2018, 3:41pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Clearly a talented coach but what a cockk he is

I have over the past 3 seasons had a fair bit of contact with Danny & Nicky they are great blokes nothing like what you think ,they get very passionate over football and i don't think there is alot wrong with that.
Nothing like Evans heard a few tales about him.
Posted by: Cloudy, December 23, 2018, 4:08pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Helgy

I have over the past 3 seasons had a fair bit of contact with Danny & Nicky they are great blokes nothing like what you think ,they get very passionate over football and i don't think there is alot wrong with that.

As a passionate Imps fan you are naturally going to see the sun shining when they bend over. They aren’t going to be horrible illegitimates to their own fans, they aren’t stupid.
They do come over to opponents differently, as do many others
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, December 23, 2018, 4:11pm; Reply: 12
The Cowleys are absolute bellendds the way the moan and act up to the ref and 4th official, which is then replicated by the gimp players when they go down like a sack of spuds and play act.
Posted by: Ipswin, December 23, 2018, 4:28pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from promotion plaice

Apparently he got a straight red card today, long overdue and he might be banned for their cup game against Everton   ;D

Why? Was he going to play then?

Posted by: Helgy, December 23, 2018, 4:52pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Cloudy

As a passionate Imps fan you are naturally going to see the sun shining when they bend over. They aren’t going to be horrible illegitimates to their own fans, they aren’t stupid.
They do come over to opponents differently, as do many others

I can't argue it as that's your perception but  I have known them since they first arrived hard to explain but have been involved a fair bit at the club in the past 3 seasons.

Posted by: Mariner Timsky, December 23, 2018, 6:14pm; Reply: 15
Rent boy??
Posted by: golfer, December 23, 2018, 6:40pm; Reply: 16
Danny Cowley ? who's he ?
Posted by: Mikey_345, December 24, 2018, 12:06am; Reply: 17
Always amazed me how the hell two blokes who carry on like they do could have ever been teachers, talk about setting an example 🤔
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 24, 2018, 3:18pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Helgy

I can't argue it as that's your perception but  I have known them since they first arrived hard to explain but have been involved a fair bit at the club in the past 3 seasons.

Next time you see him, can you tell him to get a proper hair cut, he's not a teenager. And Lincolns cry baby antics for every non foul and conning the ref is boring and spoiling the game at every chance is not what football is about.
Posted by: rancido, December 25, 2018, 10:48am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Helgy

There is a world of difference between " passionate " and the arrogant, belligerent, confrontational and disrespectful approach that he exhibits towards the officials , especially the fourth official. His red card has been on the cards ( pardon the pun ) for a long time and I'm sure it won't be his last.
Posted by: Rick12, December 25, 2018, 11:42am; Reply: 20
Maybe but who is perfect eg Danny getting red carded

Iam impressed by Danny Cowley so far. Certainly didnt expect Lincoln to be riding so high this season.
Posted by: mariner91, December 25, 2018, 1:54pm; Reply: 21
Yeah he’s working miracles with one of the biggest budgets in the league...
Posted by: Helgy, December 25, 2018, 2:27pm; Reply: 22
Mariner91
Danny and Nicky may have one of the biggest budgets but just look at County.
It’s also what you do with it , Swan at Scunny puts in £3 million a year and the team is failing.

You seem to have turned things around , thought too many were panicking but your manager has found the right blend.
Posted by: mariner91, December 25, 2018, 2:33pm; Reply: 23
Let’s not pretend they’re performing above expectations. They’ve had five transfer windows and are able to spend probably three times on wages what we are. For all that they still can’t get a team to challenge whilst playing decent football.
Posted by: Helgy, December 25, 2018, 3:05pm; Reply: 24
Their teams evolve , the style of play has changed a lot from the past 2 seasons but it’s a results based industry.
No fans are moaning the style of play isn’t good enough.
We now play the ball out from the back a lot more , everything have to keep changing otherwise you stay still or end up going backwards.
Posted by: Rick12, December 25, 2018, 3:37pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from mariner91
Yeah he’s working miracles with one of the biggest budgets in the league...
I didnt realise that.

Done well though in his previous clubs eg Concord Rangers and Braintree and almost got them promoted on a limited budget back into the league.

Posted by: oochiad, December 25, 2018, 3:39pm; Reply: 26
Christ get real, they’re appalling with the way they carry on. You don’t see it Helgy as they’re your managers but to everyone else it’s all there for us to see and the way they conduct themselves is totally embarrassing. Nothing you can say will ever change people’s opinions.
Posted by: rancido, December 25, 2018, 4:05pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from oochiad
Christ get real, they’re appalling with the way they carry on. You don’t see it Helgy as they’re your managers but to everyone else it’s all there for us to see and the way they conduct themselves is totally embarrassing. Nothing you can say will ever change people’s opinions.

The way they dispute virtually every decision that goes against them demonstrates a total respect for the officials who are trying to control the game. Of course the refs and linos make mistakes, they are human after all, but they way the Cowleys berate everything is embarrassing and shameful. I wonder what his attitude would have been in his teaching days if a pupil kept disputing everything he said?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 25, 2018, 4:31pm; Reply: 28
A Lincoln fan on a gtfc forum on Xmas day 🤔😳 and they say we’re obsessed .. and before anyone pipes up I know he’s a regular but even so
Posted by: kamakazebear, December 25, 2018, 5:00pm; Reply: 29
So much jealous bitterness in this thread. I'd love to have Lincoln's budget, I'd love to have a team fighting for promotion like Lincoln are, I'd love to have crowds of 8-9 thousand at home (I seem to remember we struggled to get 6 thousand during 2005/06 and most of all, I'd love to have a head of hair like Danny Cowley's at 40. Whoever makes those comments about his hair in every single thread where he's mentioned must be one of those people that went bald at 14. Okay he might be a bit of an bottom at times but he's still got the team playing for him.

Now I'm confident we've got a good team now and a great manager in the making but Lincoln already have what we're striving to achieve. There's no need to be bitter, let's just all laugh at Scunny as they tumble down the leagues.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 25, 2018, 5:54pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from kamakazebear
So much jealous bitterness in this thread. I'd love to have Lincoln's budget, I'd love to have a team fighting for promotion like Lincoln are, I'd love to have crowds of 8-9 thousand at home (I seem to remember we struggled to get 6 thousand during 2005/06 and most of all, I'd love to have a head of hair like Danny Cowley's at 40. Whoever makes those comments about his hair in every single thread where he's mentioned must be one of those people that went bald at 14. Okay he might be a bit of an bottom at times but he's still got the team playing for him.

Now I'm confident we've got a good team now and a great manager in the making but Lincoln already have what we're striving to achieve. There's no need to be bitter, let's just all laugh at Scunny as they tumble down the leagues.

I slag him off for his teenager hair and I have a full head of hair at nearly 50 with no signs of balding, even if i was going bald it wouldn't bother me, as I am not vain like the Cowleys with their excrement hair cuts and I am not bitter towards any fortune Lincoln are getting, just like the Scunts, they'll come a cropper sooner or later, slowly slowly catch the Monkey. You want to talk about bitterness how long have you been following Town because as long as I've been following Town both our county cousins hate us with a passion due to our previous success whilst they were bottom feeding.

Cowley is a bit of an bottom is an understatement he's a full time bell end, whingeing and moaning to the 4th official for every decision that goes against his team, he may have his team playing for him as they are the type of players who have no moral conscience and try and con the ref and gamesmanship is part of their traits.

Posted by: oochiad, December 25, 2018, 6:35pm; Reply: 31
I’m not bitter and I think he’s doing very well with his team BUT the point we’re making is that his behaviour is appalling. All those young impressionable Imp fans are being given a great example to follow.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 25, 2018, 7:10pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from kamakazebear

In all honesty, we're a bit jealous that they have used their FA Cup money & their promotion to kick on. That doesn't give the Cowley brothers an excuse to behave like a pair of bellends though does it?
Posted by: Abdul19, December 25, 2018, 8:26pm; Reply: 33
Surely being bellends is their excuse?
Posted by: Meza, December 26, 2018, 12:07am; Reply: 34
I remember going to an imp game with a work mate during there promotion season and the amount of gamesmanship that went on was incredible.  The goalie would kick out of play to fake an injury when things weren't going to well so the Cowleys could give instructions out.   Anyway each to there own but I just thought it was cheating in a way.  
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 26, 2018, 7:36pm; Reply: 35

Cowley must be working for sky sports now   ;D

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/crewe-alexandra/11592135/crewe-1-2-lincoln
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 26, 2018, 11:14pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Meza
I remember going to an imp game with a work mate during there promotion season and the amount of gamesmanship that went on was incredible.  The goalie would kick out of play to fake an injury when things weren't going to well so the Cowleys could give instructions out.   Anyway each to there own but I just thought it was cheating in a way.  

Maybe the Cowleys have been teaching Theresa May on how to waste time? ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 26, 2018, 11:41pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

It's done her reputation no good either.
Posted by: sydney, December 26, 2018, 11:44pm; Reply: 38
Please no comparisons between us and gimps
MJ is trying to teach average players how to play the game properly and is not afraid to give youth a chance
We can all see the lads are playing for the badge and the team spirit at present is best since promotion
Gimps under Cowleys, bully, play long ball and are winning ugly (long time Lincoln ST holders opinions shared with me)
Strong and long is their game
Come on Town show them the former will always win over the latter on the 19th Jan
Posted by: moosey_club, December 27, 2018, 2:20pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from sydney
Please no comparisons between us and gimps
MJ is trying to teach average players how to play the game properly and is not afraid to give youth a chance
We can all see the lads are playing for the badge and the team spirit at present is best since promotion
Gimps under Cowleys, bully, play long ball and are winning ugly (long time Lincoln ST holders opinions shared with me)
Strong and long is their game
Come on Town show them the former will always win over the latter on the 19th Jan

Mine too  ;)
Posted by: rancido, December 27, 2018, 4:09pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Non football I know but if all the remoaners had accepted the referendum result instead of obstructing it at every opportunity , like some guerrilla type of warfare, then it could have been settled long ago.
Posted by: ska face, December 27, 2018, 4:24pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from rancido

Non football I know but if all the remoaners had accepted the referendum result instead of obstructing it at every opportunity , like some guerrilla type of warfare, then it could have been settled long ago.

What does that even mean?
Posted by: toontown, December 28, 2018, 3:45pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from rancido

Simply not true, the negotiations have proved far more difficult than brexiteers imagined and they themselves didn't actually agree on what to ask for (look at the different positions of Gove, fox, Duncan Smith, Davis and johnson). In fact the may deal is supported by some of them and implacably opposed by others. The guerilla warfare of the leadership challenge and opposition to the backstop has come largely from internal brexiteer squabbling, hardly remoaner guerilla warfare.
Posted by: rancido, December 29, 2018, 11:44am; Reply: 43
Quoted from toontown

Simply not true, the negotiations have proved far more difficult than brexiteers imagined and they themselves didn't actually agree on what to ask for (look at the different positions of Gove, fox, Duncan Smith, Davis and johnson). In fact the may deal is supported by some of them and implacably opposed by others. The guerilla warfare of the leadership challenge and opposition to the backstop has come largely from internal brexiteer squabbling, hardly remoaner guerilla warfare.

Well what about Keir Starmer, all the LibDem leading lights ( not that many left admittedly!), Wee Jimmie Cranky of the SNP, businessmen with only their own self-interest at stake and too many MP's from all parties! They did not support leaving the EU and have at every touch and turn  tried to lecture the British people who voted to leave that they were wrong and stupid to even consider such a proposal.. Even our own MP voted to remain but I haven't seen much evidence of her supporting any kind of withdrawal deal.
Posted by: WetFlannel, December 29, 2018, 1:02pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from rancido

Are you claiming that remainers having a few moans and marches in London (which I don’t really agree with) have affected negotiations which have mostly taken place out of the country?
Posted by: Barrattstander, December 29, 2018, 1:42pm; Reply: 45
I think it’s entirely appropriate that a thread titled ‘Danny Cowley’ should finally be consigned to the Non-Football forum.
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 29, 2018, 2:03pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from WetFlannel

Are you claiming that remainers having a few moans and marches in London (which I don’t really agree with) have affected negotiations which have mostly taken place out of the country?

I certainly think that far too many of the actual politicians that wanted to remain have totally ignored the result of the vote. They are quite happy to weaken our hand to pursue their own interests. And for what it’s worth I think if the boot was on the other foot the Brexiteers would be exactly the same. British politics at the top level is full of greedy egotistical tw@ts on all sides. I don’t trust any of em.
Posted by: toontown, December 29, 2018, 4:11pm; Reply: 47
But the obstruction to the Brexit deal has been led by brexiteer Tories (leadership challenge and opposition to backstop) and brexiteer DUP MPs (opposition to backstop). Not remoaners as you claim. They have been the most high profile opponents so far (some of them anyway, others have supported the deal as the best likely to be achieved). It's not remainers blocking a wonderful Brexit utopia that all brexiteers clap their hands in delight at. Its brexiteers tearing each other apart over their own interpretations of what Brexit is, or should be. That is why it is taking so long - if all brexiteers had one United view of what Brexit is then your point might hold water but for this aspect of the Brexit mess remainers cant be blamed. For what it's worth I think brexiteers are right to oppose the backstop part of the May deal as the potential is there for us to be stuck in limbo. BUT the brexiteers were warned about the issues with the NI border that Brexit would cause but chose to ignore them. Ironic that the DUP were in favour of Brexit, the deal for which they now say is a threat to the union...
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 3:48pm