Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: LH, December 20, 2018, 10:38pm
Come on then: it blatantly isn’t someone holding one of the country’s busiest airports to ransom so what is it?

I reckon it’s a no deal Brexit exercise. A test to see how a busy airport and it’s associated infrastructure would cope with the worst case scenario. 98,000 tonnes of freight passed through there last year which was the fifth highest of any UK airport. You watch Immingham or Killingholme docks shut in the next few weeks...
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, December 21, 2018, 1:41am; Reply: 1
I honestly thought the same thing! The instant "oh it's not terrorists"

I've actually just come back from a meal with Spanish friends who were due to fly home for Christmas today. You can imagine how annoyed they are!
Posted by: kamakazebear, December 21, 2018, 11:26am; Reply: 2
I did think it was some boring environmental protesters but I'm going to don my tin foil hat and agree with you. Surely there are ways and means of dealing with drones that they could have used but chose not to.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, December 21, 2018, 12:46pm; Reply: 3
Clearly Aliens but masked as a drone in order to stop the public going apeshit and mass panic. (tank)
Posted by: Maringer, December 21, 2018, 1:32pm; Reply: 4
Thing about these consumer drones is that they aren't able to stay in the air all that long, are they? This particular drone must have been up and down more than a whores drawers for refuelling/battery changes, unless the perpetrator had a load of them going up and down in cycles.

I doubt the thesis that it was any sort of a brexit-capability test. This shower couldn't organise a urine up in a brewery, let alone a covert test like this. Let's remember that a test in shutting down part of one of the motorways to practice stacking was a shambles the other month as they forgot to mention it to the major hauliers.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, December 21, 2018, 1:53pm; Reply: 5
[/b]
Quoted from Maringer
Thing about these consumer drones is that they aren't able to stay in the air all that long, are they? [b]This particular drone must have been up and down more than a whores drawers for refuelling/battery changes, unless the perpetrator had a load of them going up and down in cycles.

I doubt the thesis that it was any sort of a brexit-capability test. This shower couldn't organise a urine up in a brewery, let alone a covert test like this. Let's remember that a test in shutting down part of one of the motorways to practice stacking was a shambles the other month as they forgot to mention it to the major hauliers.

Which makes it all seem more bizarre that they couldnt find the culpit / owner of the drone

Posted by: GrimRob, December 21, 2018, 9:01pm; Reply: 6
It will have given a lot of people ideas. Imagine the mayhem one could cause at a football match.
Posted by: LH, December 21, 2018, 9:57pm; Reply: 7
I doubt they’d be arsed at footy. There is a huge flight safety risk flying one around near an airfield which could result in a death toll in the hundreds.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 21, 2018, 11:01pm; Reply: 8
Whoever it is, one kick from each person affected would be reasonable payback. And I'm a tree-hugging liberal.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 22, 2018, 12:46pm; Reply: 9
Man and Woman arrested ,

Hope they have to pay for all the disruption.
Posted by: GrimRob, December 23, 2018, 4:02pm; Reply: 10
They will no doubt be seeking compensation of their own after they have been ruled out of the investigation even though their names and photos were published
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, December 23, 2018, 6:58pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from GrimRob
They will no doubt be seeking compensation of their own after they have been ruled out of the investigation even though their names and photos were published

Yeah, their photos, names, and businesses were all splashed across the usual rag front pages this morning only for them to be released without charge hours later. Media slags chomping at the bit to satisfy the bovine publics demands to name and shame, whether they are guilty or not.

Might be a case of nothing even happened anyway:

"Their release came as Sussex Police said they were relying on eye witnesses and there may have been no "genuine drone activity in the first place".

Det Ch Supt Jason Tingley said no footage of a drone had been obtained.

He said there was "always a possibility" the reported sightings of drones were mistaken."

Farce.

Posted by: grimsby pete, December 24, 2018, 8:04am; Reply: 12
The man was at work when the drone was supposed to have been used,

So why did it take the police 36 hours to release him.

Farce.
Posted by: codcheeky, December 24, 2018, 6:06pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from grimsby pete
The man was at work when the drone was supposed to have been used,

So why did it take the police 36 hours to release him.

Farce.

The police and Gatwick used them as a scapegoat for their own incompetence, they could hardly come straight out and say they are clueless after calling in the army and ruining thousands of people's christmas. the press have jumped on the bandwagon and an innocent couple have their lives turned upside down. Can see a big payout coming their way
Posted by: moosey_club, December 24, 2018, 8:54pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from codcheeky

The police and Gatwick used them as a scapegoat for their own incompetence, they could hardly come straight out and say they are clueless after calling in the army and ruining thousands of people's christmas. the press have jumped on the bandwagon and an innocent couple have their lives turned upside down. Can see a big payout coming their way

i also have a cast iron alibi so if someone wants to suggest to the police it was me thats fine with me  ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 25, 2018, 3:25pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from GrimRob
It will have given a lot of people ideas. Imagine the mayhem one could cause at a football match.

Well there is some anus who lives behind the Pontoon who lights bonfires on some match days and there is obviously some oil or rubber being burned.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 6:58am