Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 18, 2018, 7:51pm

Anyone watching ?

FA Cup 2nd Round Replay  (BT Sport 1 LIVE)

Osborne and Yussuf start for Solihull.......the winner earns a dream home tie against Arsenal.

Posted by: promotion plaice, December 18, 2018, 7:57pm; Reply: 1

1-0 Blackpool.....game over....end of thread   :)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 18, 2018, 8:19pm; Reply: 2
2-1 to Blackpool after 32 mins
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 18, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 3
On another note the ground looks empty such a sad sight for such a traditional English club
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 18, 2018, 8:59pm; Reply: 4

2-2....Yussuf from the spot and fully deserved.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 18, 2018, 9:26pm; Reply: 5
Start of thread? 😏
Posted by: hheh2, December 18, 2018, 10:05pm; Reply: 6
Jamey conceded pen 3-2
Posted by: Stew0_0, December 18, 2018, 10:11pm; Reply: 7
Mixed night for ex mariners so far Yussef scores brace to draw solihill level  from 2-0 down but jamie osbourne after a good game concedes penalty for 2-3. Forgotten loan man Luke Maxwell has now come on for the moors
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, December 18, 2018, 10:13pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from hheh2
Jamey conceded pen 3-2

Never a pen but neither was Solihull's.

Osbourne is quality for this level he should have made it as a league player - was it just Slade or is there something else going on with him?

Posted by: chicaneuk, December 18, 2018, 10:43pm; Reply: 9
Mate at work is a Solihull fan... he will be gutted to have come so close to a fixture with Arsenal. Shame.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 19, 2018, 8:59am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Never a pen but neither was Solihull's.

Osbourne is quality for this level he should have made it as a league player - was it just Slade or is there something else going on with him?

Slade is my guess but then I am biased :-/
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, December 20, 2018, 9:53am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Slade is my guess but then I am biased :-/

I heard a story from inside the club that seemed plausible, given there was never a satisfactory explanation. He can't drive, so was having to get public transport to training and spending a lot of his day travelling. He (or the staff) had asked for a driver to get him there and back and the club refused to pay for it. (Admittedly, taking driving lessons might also have been a long term solution to this problem...)
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, December 20, 2018, 10:09am; Reply: 12

I heard a story from inside the club that seemed plausible, given there was never a satisfactory explanation. He can't drive, so was having to get public transport to training and spending a lot of his day travelling. He (or the staff) had asked for a driver to get him there and back and the club refused to pay for it. (Admittedly, taking driving lessons might also have been a long term solution to this problem...)

I would have thought he could do a job for Vale, Notts or even Cov which are manageable train journeys from Brum.

Posted by: Perkins, December 20, 2018, 10:56am; Reply: 13

Sounds quite plausible but surely this issue should have been taken into account when we signed him.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 20, 2018, 12:07pm; Reply: 14
A driver? He's not flipping Dennis Bergkamp!
Posted by: Grantley, December 20, 2018, 12:33pm; Reply: 15
I’d heard it was another reason, possibly family related but I’m not going to disclose that when I’m not certain. I haven’t been in his situation but if he wants to be an ambitious footballer, you need to be willing to have a flexible lifestyle.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 20, 2018, 12:33pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Abdul19
A driver? He's not flipping Dennis Bergkamp!

If he was, Slade probably wouldn't have played him.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 20, 2018, 12:38pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from arryarryarry

If he was, Slade probably wouldn't have played him.

"The Dutchman"
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 10:51am