Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, December 17, 2018, 3:45pm
Really good watch, covers the whole of last season.

How not to run a football club and pay players £70k per week not to play.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, December 17, 2018, 4:33pm; Reply: 1
On the second episode now, seems like a decent documentary so far like.

Love how they started it as a fairytale and it ends in complete disaster.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 17, 2018, 8:02pm; Reply: 2
Massive club with enormous fan base they will bounce back just hope they’ve got enough to go up without recalling any loans  8)
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 17, 2018, 8:04pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Massive club with enormous fan base they will bounce back just hope they’ve got enough to go up without recalling any loans  8)

I’m sure they said the loan was benign 😉
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 17, 2018, 10:00pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Civvy at last

I’m sure they said the loan was benign 😉

Benign what? Months? Will see us through to the end of the season.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 18, 2018, 8:38am; Reply: 5
Half way through this, and really feel for the fans.

Amazing how quickly things change, they was all fully expecting promotion at the start of the season....
Posted by: Paris Mariner, December 18, 2018, 12:30pm; Reply: 6
I have watched it all. I enjoyed it too.
Posted by: bigdavemariner, December 18, 2018, 1:01pm; Reply: 7
About half way through and it's a really good watch so far. Embleton popping up a couple of times in training and in the players lounge before a game.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, December 18, 2018, 2:42pm; Reply: 8
Im on episode 7 and think its brilliant, really interesting and insightful, emotional and infuriating (cough jack rodwell cough)

I don’t think many people couldve done much at sunderland at that time with no money, feel bad for coleman as he seems like an alright guy
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, December 18, 2018, 3:15pm; Reply: 9
Thanks for the recommend, look forward to giving this a watch

I saw an ad for one about Man City, but chose not to watch that one
Posted by: gtfckyle, December 18, 2018, 4:01pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Thanks for the recommend, look forward to giving this a watch

I saw an ad for one about Man City, but chose not to watch that one

It wasn't great, just the same content over and over pretty much. This is much more 'behind the scenes' and gives a more rounded view of the game.
Posted by: Gaffer58, December 18, 2018, 4:07pm; Reply: 11
Enjoyed it, more insightful then the City one which was just done to sell shirts in Asia. Did I miss why Rodwell  wasn't playing, 70k a week not to play. Felt for the fans in some ways but they had it easy, we had to go 22 games without a win.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, December 18, 2018, 4:15pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Gaffer58
Enjoyed it, more insightful then the City one which was just done to sell shirts in Asia. Did I miss why Rodwell  wasn't playing, 70k a week not to play. Felt for the fans in some ways but they had it easy, we had to go 22 games without a win.

And a 25 stint in another season I dont wish to remember  :B

Posted by: forza ivano, December 18, 2018, 9:43pm; Reply: 13
Just watched the first 4 and had to force myself to switch it off! Really good. Anyone notice jamie devitt's back ?
Did make me think about the parallels with us and jolley. I'.e. Constantly failing club, unpopular owner who doesn't seem to want to spend any more money, demoralised club in danger of relegation. Makes you realise what a bloody brilliant job he did to save us .then there's the parallels with the failure despite all efforts to land a striker, the lad who's going to be the fulcrum of your midfield gets badly injured so your plans are wrecked, can't get the players in because of budgetary constraints so you're forced to rely on a young local central midfielder who's never been given a chance, then right at the end of episode 4 colemans almost forced to throw a young, quick, enthusiastic black lad up front and it pays dividends
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, December 19, 2018, 12:02am; Reply: 14
Quoted from forza ivano
Just watched the first 4 and had to force myself to switch it off! Really good. Anyone notice jamie devitt's back ?
Did make me think about the parallels with us and jolley. I'.e. Constantly failing club, unpopular owner who doesn't seem to want to spend any more money, demoralised club in danger of relegation. Makes you realise what a bloody brilliant job he did to save us .then there's the parallels with the failure despite all efforts to land a striker, the lad who's going to be the fulcrum of your midfield gets badly injured so your plans are wrecked, can't get the players in because of budgetary constraints so you're forced to rely on a young local central midfielder who's never been given a chance, then right at the end of episode 4 colemans almost forced to throw a young, quick, enthusiastic black lad up front and it pays dividends

Well their young player of the year went to swansea for 2 million in the summer, I assume with extra addons or sell ons, the other lad the striker he's banging them in for them this season, honeymans their captain, and theyve got a load of other youth players in and out their squad, embleton looks class for us. Sunderland must have one of the most productive academies in the country right now, its a shame for them stockdale has left as he seems to have been doing a brilliant job for them.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 19, 2018, 8:05am; Reply: 15

Well their young player of the year went to swansea for 2 million in the summer, I assume with extra addons or sell ons, the other lad the striker he's banging them in for them this season, honeymans their captain, and theyve got a load of other youth players in and out their squad, embleton looks class for us. Sunderland must have one of the most productive academies in the country right now, its a shame for them stockdale has left as he seems to have been doing a brilliant job for them.

Thanks for the info .interesting. Where has stock dale gone to?
Forgot to mention a couple of other parallels - those car crash fans forum and overpaid overrated international players who sat on their backsides milking the club with their over inflated contracts and never performing . Mentioning no names of course.........

Dixon :-/
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, December 19, 2018, 9:08am; Reply: 16
I watched episode 1 last night, , , really enjoyable watch and really well made , , , , loved the intro at the church! class that

So I know 2017 they were relegated from the Prem is this following them in the Champ hoping to bounce back up and then they finished bottom??!!  ??)
Posted by: Meza, December 19, 2018, 12:23pm; Reply: 17
Up to episode 7 atm.  I see a few shots of Elliott Embleton training.  Ellis Short really did alienate the fan base but also noticed how fickle their fans are.  They seem a bit like us but a tad worse.
Posted by: Helgy, December 19, 2018, 4:10pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Meza
Up to episode 7 atm.  I see a few shots of Elliott Embleton training.  Ellis Short really did alienate the fan base but also noticed how fickle their fans are.  They seem a bit like us but a tad worse.

Their fans have united under a single umbrella Red and White Army 16 different groups something we are looking at & are doing.
Difference is we have 2 directors on the main board  from the Lincoln Trust & are in the process of modernising our Trust.
https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2017/9/21/16346670/sunderland-fans-launch-independent-supporters-group-the-red-and-white-army
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, December 19, 2018, 7:42pm; Reply: 19
I think the song at the start is a right cracker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmLAFhyimsE
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, December 20, 2018, 9:06am; Reply: 20
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
I think the song at the start is a right cracker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmLAFhyimsE

Thanks for that, I couldn't find out what it was called.

Downloaded onto Spotify now. Love the song.
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 6:25am