Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Cloudy, December 6, 2018, 7:20am
Anyone on here been to one of these.

The club push them really hard on Facebook but is the whole experience very 1980’s? Do firms still have Christmas parties?

They have also been pushing for the Psychic which takes place tonight, last ‘few tickets’ ‘selling fast’ which gives me the impression that sales are poor?

Could the whole offering on non match days be updated? Perhaps reasonable suggestions could be put forward. The club could really do with increasing their income from this source.
Makes you wonder if any new ground could make a go of the suggested ‘conference facilities’?
Desperately need new ideas to boosting he club imo
Posted by: psgmariner, December 6, 2018, 8:26am; Reply: 1
Boo the club never push events. Boo the club are pushing events....
Posted by: Cloudy, December 6, 2018, 8:32am; Reply: 2
Quoted from psgmariner
Boo the club never push events. Boo the club are pushing events....

Wasn't meant like that.

I was trying to see if anyone had any ideas as to what would attract more support and therefore income than doing the same old.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 6, 2018, 8:49am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Cloudy

They have also been pushing for the Psychic which takes place tonight, last ‘few tickets’ ‘selling fast’ which gives me the impression that sales are poor?

Is it Clinton?  ;D

[youtube]HzpAUzE2Zc8[/youtube]

Posted by: Manchester Mariner, December 6, 2018, 9:24am; Reply: 4
Makes me laugh these advertisements for the Psychic night on Towns Facebook feed, I'm sure it was 2 for 1 at one point too. Always makes me think of Clinton Baptiste. "I'm getting the word 'Nonce'".

Did some work at Birmingham's ground recently on a non-match day and there were numerous groups using the facilities in the various meeting/conference rooms. Also surprised at the large team of staff they had in the hospitality department. Although I don't suppose you can compare Grimsby much to Birmingham corporatewise.

Posted by: LH, December 6, 2018, 9:40am; Reply: 5
I’ve been waiting for the ‘cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances’ punchline since I saw the first ad go up.
Posted by: psgmariner, December 6, 2018, 9:51am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Cloudy

Wasn't meant like that.

I was trying to see if anyone had any ideas as to what would attract more support and therefore income than doing the same old.

Yeah I didn’t really read your post right to be honest.

Beer festival would be my fairly obvious idea
Posted by: Cloudy, December 6, 2018, 9:55am; Reply: 7
Quoted from psgmariner

Yeah I didn’t really read your post right to be honest.

Beer festival would be my fairly obvious idea

That would be a great idea imo

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/beer-festival-confirmed-for-19-may-buy-now/
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 6, 2018, 11:23am; Reply: 8
Based on my World Cup experience and NO draft beer available in the Trust bar I wouldnt hold out much hope for a beer festival personally. :-/
Posted by: Mallyner, December 6, 2018, 12:01pm; Reply: 9
I have been to 3 Christmas partys there and really enjoyed them. The food was great and the staff lovely and well organised for us by Lisa. One year we had a brat pack duo, which isn't my music, but after the break they sang stuff like sex on fire etc. Another year was a Rod Stewart who did the disco as well, so he was on all night, but he got better the more I drank.  :)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 6, 2018, 12:46pm; Reply: 10
If I’m drunk and with my mates I enjoy most venues tbh mcnenemys is ok and a short taxi ride into meggies to carry on 🍷🍺
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 6, 2018, 1:02pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Mallyner
I have been to 3 Christmas partys there and really enjoyed them. The food was great and the staff lovely and well organised for us by Lisa. One year we had a brat pack duo, which isn't my music, but after the break they sang stuff like sex on fire etc. Another year was a Rod Stewart who did the disco as well, so he was on all night, but he got better the more I drank.  :)

It`s a decent venue and the food is always excellent.Rod Stewart though :-/
Posted by: psgmariner, December 6, 2018, 1:39pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Based on my World Cup experience and NO draft beer available in the Trust bar I wouldnt hold out much hope for a beer festival personally. :-/

Watch this space. Just had a quick chat with Sharon from the Trust about trying to do something in the summer once the season is over.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 6, 2018, 1:44pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from psgmariner

Watch this space. Just had a quick chat with Sharon from the Trust about trying to do something in the summer once the season is over.

Good lad am I right in thinking you are involved with the excellent docks and beers down King Edward St?
Posted by: Spatchcock, December 6, 2018, 3:12pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Cloudy
Anyone on here been to one of these.

The club push them really hard on Facebook but is the whole experience very 1980’s? Do firms still have Christmas parties?

Could the whole offering on non match days be updated? Perhaps reasonable suggestions could be put forward. The club could really do with increasing their income from this source.
Makes you wonder if any new ground could make a go of the suggested ‘conference facilities’?
Desperately need new ideas to boosting he club imo

Our works do is in McMenemy's this Saturday evening. Should be quite interesting as I've never set foot in there before.
Expecting to see pictures of John Fenty in numerous dictator like poses!  
Posted by: moosey_club, December 6, 2018, 8:05pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Spatchcock

Our works do is in McMenemy's this Saturday evening. Should be quite interesting as I've never set foot in there before.

you will have to try the boardroom door for those ...2nd on the left past the loo's i think ?
Posted by: chaos33, December 6, 2018, 8:33pm; Reply: 16
I picture McMenamy's like The Hacienda, and JF is Tony Wilson 😊
Posted by: Bigdog, December 6, 2018, 8:40pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from chaos33
I picture McMenamy's like The Hacienda, and JF is Tony Wilson 😊

;D

Posted by: WesternMariner, December 6, 2018, 9:08pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Les Brechin

Is it Clinton?  ;D

[youtube]HzpAUzE2Zc8[/youtube]

The spirits are strong tonight....... is there a John out there?

I’m getting the word ...........
Posted by: Posh Harry, December 6, 2018, 9:28pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Spatchcock

A Putin style calendar perhaps. JF topless on a horse with his shotgun in January, him holding a puppy in a caring yet slightly threatening manner for February.........
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 6, 2018, 9:33pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Posh Harry

A Putin style calendar perhaps. JF topless on a horse with his shotgun in January, him holding a puppy in a caring yet slightly threatening manner for February.........

Will he be annexing Holton-le-Clay?
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, December 6, 2018, 9:36pm; Reply: 21
Him holding the club to ransom over his loans in March.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 7, 2018, 11:24am; Reply: 22
Well April must be "destructing the away fan's flag".  Under 12's category.  
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 1:47pm