Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 1, 2018, 4:41pm
Bobby Moore documentary repeated last night on the BBC. What a cool, classy captain and great bloke.  It was criminal that he was not knighted or that the country and  WHU did not honour him until after his death.  He could not secure a top-flight managers job either.

Harry Redknapp talked about his co-commentating role.  He said that he was commentating at Grimsby on a cold night, eating fish and chips. (Not sure if any poetic licence taken with the fish and chips or it being cold).

Everybody had a good word to say about Bobby.  He was taken for granted and underappreciated for all his achievements.  Wrong that a role in coaching could not be found  for him with the FA or at West Ham.  He was inspiration to young players.  
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 1, 2018, 4:48pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Bobby Moore documentary repeated last night on the BBC. What a cool, classy captain and great bloke.  It was criminal that he was not knighted or that the country and  WHU did not honour him until after his death.  He could not secure a top-flight managers job either.

Harry Redknapp talked about his co-commentating role.  He said that he was commentating at Grimsby on a cold night, eating fish and chips. (Not sure if any poetic licence taken with the fish and chips or it being cold).

Everybody had a good word to say about Bobby.  He was taken for granted and underappreciated for all his achievements.  Wrong that a role in coaching could not be found  for him with the FA or at West Ham.  He was inspiration to young players.  

The FA and West Ham were a disgrace on how they treated Bobby Moore , I had no idea he suffered with testicular cancer before the World Cup win .. great mans man
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, December 1, 2018, 5:17pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Great man, great player but I’m not sure he deserved a crack at a top managers job. He Had a difficult time at Southend though there were financial troubles.

I saw him at Blundell Park in my first town match.

Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 3:34am