Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 1, 2018, 1:41pm

Cambridge sack Joe Dunne with club sat three points above League Two relegation zone......another one bites the dust.

Wonder if Mr Fenty was near to pulling the trigger a few weeks ago ?
Posted by: Cloudy, December 1, 2018, 1:57pm; Reply: 1
I see Wrexham manager been told to stay away from tonight’s FA Cup game v Newport as he is evidently about to be announced as Shrewsbury’s new boss!
Shrews seem to like to poach managers yet got angry when someone else does same to them. Sadly it’s just the way the game is I guess
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, December 1, 2018, 2:25pm; Reply: 2
Have you seen Palermo's manager track record? Since 2002 they'd had 45!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._Citt%C3%A0_di_Palermo_managers
Posted by: chrissy, December 1, 2018, 2:25pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

Cambridge sack Joe Dunne with club sat three points above League Two relegation zone......another one bites the dust.

Wonder if Mr Fenty was near to pulling the trigger a few weeks ago ?

He was asked that question at the AGM and replied they had not even discussed it.

I wonder (Confused)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 1, 2018, 2:28pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from chrissy

He was asked that question at the AGM and replied they had not even discussed it.

I wonder (Confused)

The underlined bit could be completely true and honest. Fenty could have been considering it - it's got to be something he would have considered even momentarily if only to dismiss it quickly, and never got to the point of discussing it.
Posted by: Meza, December 1, 2018, 2:29pm; Reply: 5
As long as they pay compensation then there's no argument.  Agents aren't bound to contracts so can do what the players / managers tell them without getting in trouble such as poaching.  
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 1, 2018, 3:00pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from chrissy

I wonder (Confused)

No, I cannot believe he did not look in the mirror at least once. ;)
Posted by: golfer, December 1, 2018, 5:01pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
Have you seen Palermo's manager track record? Since 2002 they'd had 45!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._Citt%C3%A0_di_Palermo_managers

Posted by: golfer, December 1, 2018, 5:01pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from golfer

Posted by: pen penfras, December 1, 2018, 6:12pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Meza
As long as they pay compensation then there's no argument.  Agents aren't bound to contracts so can do what the players / managers tell them without getting in trouble such as poaching.  

I don't think agents are allowed to do this, but they certainly do and nothing ever comes of it.
Posted by: Meza, December 1, 2018, 6:27pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from pen penfras

I don't think agents are allowed to do this, but they certainly do and nothing ever comes of it.

Of course it happens it happens all the time but do you hear if anything comes of it..... No because it cant be proven or there's no actual evidence.

Posted by: hheh2, December 1, 2018, 6:39pm; Reply: 11
Poor Wrexham whenever they get some momentum they get it taken away. The troubles of non league
Posted by: pen penfras, December 1, 2018, 6:47pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Meza

Of course it happens it happens all the time but do you hear if anything comes of it..... No because it cant be proven or there's no actual evidence.

Occasionally clubs complain about it, but there's hardly ever any consequences. I think Liverpool have ended up on the wrong side a couple of times and ended up in court.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, December 1, 2018, 6:54pm; Reply: 13
I like the one appointed in 1941
Sounds good
I think jf has appionted him a couple of times
Posted by: Meza, December 1, 2018, 7:27pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from pen penfras

Occasionally clubs complain about it, but there's hardly ever any consequences. I think Liverpool have ended up on the wrong side a couple of times and ended up in court.

I don't think I've heard of anything.... However they are on it when it comes to poaching young players.

Shame for Wrexham.... As there manager leaving will be the turning point of there season.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 1, 2018, 11:21pm; Reply: 15
I like the one appointed in 1941
Sounds good
I think jf has appionted him a couple of times

Do you think we've signed an Otto Krappan?
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 3:38am