Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Yard Dog, November 27, 2018, 10:42pm
The hand of cod goal, just could be the turning point for the season.

Apart from the first 15 minutes, a really good all round performance.

Looking forward to the Chesterfield game.

UTM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 27, 2018, 10:43pm; Reply: 1
Just underlines the fact that the refs and lino's are sh1t at this level.
Posted by: Meza, November 27, 2018, 10:56pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Just underlines the fact that the refs and lino's are sh1t at this level.

In fairness to this lino Herts he brings his knee up so maybe the lino saw that.  Anyway.... I've seen loads of dodgy goals against us so I'll take that as one they owe us.
Posted by: mariner83, November 27, 2018, 11:09pm; Reply: 3
About time we got the rub of the green.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 27, 2018, 11:14pm; Reply: 4
I thought the officials were pretty decent today to be honest, let the game flow at least.
Posted by: golfer, November 28, 2018, 7:39am; Reply: 5
I didn't realise it was handball until the Upper Findus started informing our visitors with "Handball handball"  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 28, 2018, 7:47am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Meza

In fairness to this lino Herts he brings his knee up so maybe the lino saw that.  Anyway.... I've seen loads of dodgy goals against us so I'll take that as one they owe us.

To be fair it was more of a general observation than anything else but some of the clowns we’ve seen this year have been really poor. A couple have been ok though, thought the guy who did the Colchester game was good.
Posted by: Meza, November 28, 2018, 7:54am; Reply: 7
Quoted from HertsGTFC

To be fair it was more of a general observation than anything else but some of the clowns we’ve seen this year have been really poor. A couple have been ok though, thought the guy who did the Colchester game was good.

There's a couple of decent refs tbh... Still can't get over that Coventry goal when Clarke rolled it to mckeown to take lol
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 28, 2018, 2:46pm; Reply: 8
Probably a good job VAR had not worked its way to our level yet.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), November 28, 2018, 3:57pm; Reply: 9
Wow so blatant, thought it hit his hand at the time  but seeing highlights blatant.
Well then could of been 4-2. Must say Clifton's goal good enough to win the game and I think that affected them.
Posted by: buckstown, November 28, 2018, 4:30pm; Reply: 10
Interesting view of Wes's goal on the Tranmere forum. Not unlike the fishy had it been the other way round!!
http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s383.htm?730,16460295
Posted by: malkamalka, November 28, 2018, 7:59pm; Reply: 11
Nice to have an open discussion officials. I just had a post removed because I criticised  Mike "$hite" Dean for being unfit and celebrating Spurs' goals.

Posted by: moosey_club, November 28, 2018, 8:14pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from buckstown
Interesting view of Wes's goal on the Tranmere forum. Not unlike the fishy had it been the other way round!!
http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s383.htm?730,16460295

Quite calm all things considered IMO...think we would be far worse and would  of had that ref tarred and feathered by now if the glove was on the other hand  :)

Either way up it did give me a little highlight of the season at half time when the "handball" shouts went up from the Upper as the highlights were shown....especially the replay which was built up with an OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Handball !!   ;D
Posted by: LH, November 28, 2018, 8:23pm; Reply: 13
The other good bit was when their player handballed it and the whole ground appealed before chanting “cheat! cheat! cheat!”
Posted by: WetFlannel, November 28, 2018, 8:25pm; Reply: 14
I must admit I think the ‘penalty’ we won at Swindon last year was a tad worse as a decision...
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 28, 2018, 8:30pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from moosey_club

Either way up it did give me a little highlight of the season at half time when the "handball" shouts went up from the Upper as the highlights were shown....especially the replay which was built up with an OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Handball !!   ;D

Was just about to post the same, had our group laughing our whatsits off. ;D

I have to add there aren't that many clubs at our level that show such highlights if any. Well done to the club on that. :)
Posted by: Maringer, November 28, 2018, 9:17pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from WetFlannel
I must admit I think the ‘penalty’ we won at Swindon last year was a tad worse as a decision...

Was that the one where Cardwell tripped over his own feet? I don't think that was exactly 'won' because I don't think there was any intent for him to trip over his own feet. The referee just awarded it!
Posted by: GrimRob, November 28, 2018, 10:13pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Gaffer58
Probably a good job VAR had not worked its way to our level yet.

I think there's more chance of us winning the FA Cup in the next 10 years then ever seeing VAR at BP in that time,
Posted by: lukeo, November 28, 2018, 10:15pm; Reply: 18
Blatant. I don't like cheating and I hole he doesn't do it again, sometimes it's just a reaction 'in the moment'.. We have to say how fuming would we be if that was the opposition who had done it to us.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 28, 2018, 10:20pm; Reply: 19
Never mind that Harry's goal was voted one of the best made and scored goals and rightly so but Embers goal build up was just as good IMHO.

Shows, when this side plays with confidence they can turn on the style big time.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1067892890607607808
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, November 28, 2018, 10:42pm; Reply: 20
and what happens when you do have VAR

https://twitter.com/SoccerAM/status/1067795252910702593
Posted by: golfer, November 29, 2018, 10:56am; Reply: 21
Quoted from lukeo
Blatant. I don't like cheating and I hole he doesn't do it again, sometimes it's just a reaction 'in the moment'.. We have to say how fuming would we be if that was the opposition who had done it to us.

I think he should be given a 10 game ban and Town be deducted 12 points and warned of their further conduct. I understand he was on the training ground practicing it for the last 2 weeks-shame on you Mr. Thomas.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 29, 2018, 11:42am; Reply: 22
Quoted from GrimRob

I think there's more chance of us winning the FA Cup in the next 10 years then ever seeing VAR at BP in that time,

You are only saying that Rob because you know we will  be in our new stadium in 3 years. :)
Posted by: Biccys, November 29, 2018, 11:54am; Reply: 23
Quoted from grimsby pete

You are only saying that Rob because you know we will  be in our new stadium in 3 years. :)

We'll need to be in it by then for our Championship debut.
Posted by: Mariner_09, November 29, 2018, 12:01pm; Reply: 24
That penalty decision at Swindon was one the worst decisions I’ve ever seen. Cardwell was neither fouled or did the incident occur in the box! He tripped over his own feet about 5 yards outside the area. John Brooks (the ref) always was garbage!!
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 29, 2018, 12:08pm; Reply: 25
In years to come this goal will be remembered as “ The hand of Thomas “
Posted by: buckstown, November 29, 2018, 3:34pm; Reply: 26
Despite watching the highlights I hadn't realised what a fabulous team goal that was. And the header gets better for watching
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, November 29, 2018, 7:08pm; Reply: 27
Can imagine at Chesterfield our fans singing “ He’s just a black Maradonna”....
Posted by: moosey_club, November 29, 2018, 10:34pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Can imagine at Chesterfield our fans singing “ He’s just a black Maradonna”....

He scores with his hand...
he scores with his hand...
Wes Thomas ..
He scores with his hand...
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 3:47pm