Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, November 24, 2018, 12:38am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TedZacoKkoc
Posted by: Spatchcock, November 24, 2018, 9:37am; Reply: 1
What a year that was.
Posted by: Kris2, November 24, 2018, 11:27am; Reply: 2
Ah the 90's, silly curtain hair cuts, people wearing short shorts and actually feeling proud of the local football club. I grew up on Clive Mendonca, Ivano Bonetti and Wembley doubles then as I entered my mid to late teens into adulthood it's been almost constant decline. The season after this was pretty good too.
Posted by: buckstown, November 24, 2018, 11:54am; Reply: 3
Started watching and thought how we'd love a Wayne Burnett in today's team. Then went through the whole side and finished up wondering if anybody from today would actually get in that side?
Posted by: Abdul19, November 24, 2018, 12:10pm; Reply: 4
Ian Atkins was such a sharp object
Posted by: Ipswin, November 24, 2018, 1:04pm; Reply: 5
That classic line from Del Boy springs to mind, 'We've had worse days'.
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 24, 2018, 1:48pm; Reply: 6
At the time, it seemed that Woodman took an age to go to ground before Donovan rounded him to slot it home, what a day.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, November 24, 2018, 1:54pm; Reply: 7
The finish was so much like Arnolds last time we won at Wembley
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 24, 2018, 2:42pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Abdul19
Ian Atkins was such a sharp object

He really was. I remember in the post-match interviews that he suggested some sort of injustice had been done despite the fact we'd completely outplayed them.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 24, 2018, 5:06pm; Reply: 9
We deserved both results 98 was our year to win two Wembley finals in one year (the last year at old Wembley)was historic.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 24, 2018, 5:54pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

He really was. I remember in the post-match interviews that he suggested some sort of injustice had been done despite the fact we'd completely outplayed them.

I seem to remember him claiming our team cost £2.5m ;D

Completely classless stuff from a man whose only tactic was 'hit the big man'.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 25, 2018, 12:33am; Reply: 11
From that year i can remember being relatively unsure about the Bournemouth game, thought that could go either way but the Northampton game i think i saw both the previous fixtures and can remember going to Wembley thinking..no...knowing that they didnt have anything to trouble us.
Watching back the vid i had completely forgotten that we missed a penalty and hit the bar !!

Loved Jack Lesters discreet off the ball block/trip that allowed the ball to run through to Donovan....Jack was an excellent young player with a much wiser head on his shoulders than his young years should have had.
Posted by: mariner83, November 25, 2018, 8:33am; Reply: 12
I don't know if it was youthful naïveté but I never had any doubts about that match, no pre-match nerves. So much different to the BR & FGR matches.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 25, 2018, 8:59am; Reply: 13
Quoted from mariner83
I don't know if it was youthful naïveté but I never had any doubts about that match, no pre-match nerves. So much different to the BR & FGR matches.

Maybe Cardiff 2006, Wembley 2008 and 2013 might have affected your outlook  :-/
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 9:44am