Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 19, 2018, 1:15pm

A new stadium is no substitute for addressing core-failings or stagnation in leadership at the top. York City closely profile GTFC in management, size andf structure.  They are failing miserably, on and off the pitch.  (Besides getting a new stadium).  

York has been solely funded by the same Chairman for 12 years.  A chairman who cannot sell the club, who has fallen out with the Trust over share ownership, and has now been taken to Court by the Trust this month.  Oh, and a Chairrman who may take the club down into the 7th tier this season.

The Chairman has presided over 3 relegations in recent seasons.  4 effectively, as York were in the Div 2 play-offs a few years ago. They even played in Div 2 as recently as 2015-16.   Shocking fall from grace. Poor managers come and go frequentty.  The Chairman does not have a good track record for appointing managers.  

YORK City have been handed a letter from solicitors acting for the City Supporters' Trust - and say this has prevented the club from answering any questions relating to the Trust. (At least Town have much better relationships between the Club and Trust than this).

York City move into their new stadium next season.  Despite being in a play-off position earlier this season in the National League North, they now face relegation to the 7th tier.  The Evo-Stick League.  They have truly come unstuck. The fall down the league has left them 6th to bottom, 3 points above the drop-zone.  

Talk of a drop to English football’s seventh tier seems ludicrous and would be unprecedented for a club of City’s professional stature. The team could not beat  bottom-two Hereford and Nuneaton this season.  

York have taken one point out of a possible 21 against the top 7 sides, while scoring just two goals and conceding 16. York are still full-time, and consistently lose to part-time sides.  Despite this, like Stockport, they continue to get good gates.

We are fortunate that York's sharp decline has not happened to us. It could still do so of we go down this season and retain the same club leadership. Succeed breeds success, but failure is also self-supporting.    
Posted by: RoboCod, November 19, 2018, 1:59pm; Reply: 1
Just wonder what the lowdown is on him trying to sell York City, is he actively promoting the sale? Or just occasionally mumbling that it's up for sale 'to the right people, we don't want any old clueless losers'.
And is he asking too much, hence no buyers, hoping to regain his own personal lost finances in it?
York, after all, are the very epitome of a de-valued product.
Posted by: Mariner E14, November 19, 2018, 2:42pm; Reply: 2
Their new stadium is of course owned by York City Council.

I wouldn't mind N.E.Lincs. Council building one for us!
Posted by: moosey_club, November 19, 2018, 3:34pm; Reply: 3
I thought their new stadium had been shelved not so long ago. Is it back on ??
Posted by: Bigdog, November 19, 2018, 3:47pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from moosey_club
I thought their new stadium had been shelved not so long ago. Is it back on ??

Ready in 2019..

https://twitter.com/ycfcstadium?lang=en

Even though they're where they are now, I wouldn't put my house on them being below us in ten years time..
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 19, 2018, 4:37pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Bigdog

Ready in 2019..

https://twitter.com/ycfcstadium?lang=en

Even though they're where they are now, I wouldn't put my house on them being below us in ten years time..

Depends on how long we are stuck with our present board Bigdog.
Posted by: Skrill, November 19, 2018, 7:02pm; Reply: 6
I don't like the idea of the government owning and building a football stadium.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 19, 2018, 10:57pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Skrill
I don't like the idea of the government owning and building a football stadium.

Good job you're not Italian then.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 20, 2018, 7:12am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mariner E14
Their new stadium is of course owned by York City Council.

I wouldn't mind N.E.Lincs. Council building one for us!

Think there are others that would!  :B
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 1:37pm