Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 17, 2018, 9:53pm
11 goals already this season. Dembele is playing regularly for Peterborough too. Both did next to nothing for us last season although Matt scored the most important goal of the season.
Posted by: hheh2, November 17, 2018, 10:10pm; Reply: 1
Because they're not being commanded by the potato
Posted by: Abdul19, November 18, 2018, 12:03am; Reply: 2
To say Dembele did next to nothing for us last season is nonsense.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, November 18, 2018, 12:19am; Reply: 3
Well instead of worrying about players who arent coming back doing well, how about wondering who in this squad has potential to perform better and try giving the players weve got a positive supportive atmosphere to grow and flourish in
Posted by: Kris2, November 18, 2018, 6:07am; Reply: 4
Dembele was too good for the team he was playing with. It was his first experience of league football and I think he did well for what he had to deal with, Just needs better players around him so he can develop his game to a higher level and we didn't provide that. I don't know why this notion of him not being good popped up, nobody would say the same here when it comes to younger players from the local area. Half the time Dembele tried to make things happen nobody around him had any idea what was going on or they couldn't be arsed to try.

Matt probably suits the way Newport play much better than what we were trying to do. It was bad last season, we had a manger who was out of touch and clueless, a lot of bad blood from the previous manager and a revolving door of people in and out. I don't think a lot of players really enjoyed playing for us last season.
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 18, 2018, 7:57am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Kris2
nobody would say the same here when it comes to younger players from the local area.  

Wow,  I didn’t realise you felt that way. It’s not like you’ve mentioned it before. MUCH 😴😴😴😴😴
Posted by: somersetmariner, November 18, 2018, 7:59am; Reply: 6
Matt was brilliant for me on FIFA....dead good player
Posted by: Kris2, November 18, 2018, 9:07am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Civvy at last

Wow,  I didn’t realise you felt that way. It’s not like you’ve mentioned it before. MUCH 😴😴😴😴😴

Am I wrong? People will say Harry Clifton had a good game regardless of anyone else and that Max Wright deserves to be a regular in our first team. A bad game and nobody will say a single word of criticism but Dembele didn't get a goal or an assist and people were quick to put him down and say he's crap. There are people here who thing several local lads were great players for us even when they were not and it shows with what else they did in football after. Maybe if you all weren't biased because your grandkids went to school with one of the local youth team players and you chat them up for insider knowledge then I wouldn't have to say anything  ;D.

And besides, it's not like you've replied to my comments with a snide comment because you've had it out for me ever since I mistook you for somebody else one time ages ago. MUCH.

Posted by: golfer, November 18, 2018, 9:19am; Reply: 8
Well instead of worrying about players who arent coming back doing well, how about wondering who in this squad has potential to perform better and try giving the players weve got a positive supportive atmosphere to grow and flourish in

Agree with you. A lot of supporters say that the entire team is completely shite but I tend to disagree. The word " completely " in my opinion should be omitted.  8)
Posted by: Bigdog, November 18, 2018, 10:00am; Reply: 9
Quoted from golfer

Agree with you. A lot of supporters say that the entire team is completely shite but I tend to disagree. The word " completely " in my opinion should be omitted.  8)

There's definitely more talent in the squad this season. Whether the squad's still a little unbalanced and lacks a bit of pace or we've been unlucky with injuries, we just haven't found the right blend yet to become more of a cohesive and consistent unit..
Posted by: Posh Harry, November 18, 2018, 12:53pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Kris2

Am I wrong? People will say Harry Clifton had a good game regardless of anyone else and that Max Wright deserves to be a regular in our first team. A bad game and nobody will say a single word of criticism but Dembele didn't get a goal or an assist and people were quick to put him down and say he's crap. There are people here who thing several local lads were great players for us even when they were not and it shows with what else they did in football after. Maybe if you all weren't biased because your grandkids went to school with one of the local youth team players and you chat them up for insider knowledge then I wouldn't have to say anything  ;D.

And besides, it's not like you've replied to my comments with a snide comment because you've had it out for me ever since I mistook you for somebody else one time ages ago. MUCH.

I think you’ll find that after a game earlier in the season Clifton was given a right slating as he had a shocker and plenty on here were saying how he wasn’t ready, not good enough.

In his defence I believe he was playing right wing back and that is clearly not a position suited to him. But to say people won’t say a word against him is patently not true.

UTFM
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, November 18, 2018, 1:54pm; Reply: 11
Matt was a good player IMO
Glad to see his scoring goals.
Did well in the run in for us, horrible player to play against.
And scored the 2nd biggest goal I've seen as a town fan, what a moment that was.

Will always be welcomed back here for that moment alone
Posted by: Abdul19, November 18, 2018, 2:48pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Posh Harry

I think you’ll find that after a game earlier in the season Clifton was given a right slating as he had a shocker and plenty on here were saying how he wasn’t ready, not good enough.

In his defence I believe he was playing right wing back and that is clearly not a position suited to him. But to say people won’t say a word against him is patently not true.

UTFM

Aye quite. Peter Bore was hardly universally popular IIRC.
Posted by: Maringer, November 18, 2018, 3:17pm; Reply: 13
Danny North was slated at times as well.
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 19, 2018, 8:28am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Kris2

Yes, in my opinion, when it comes to local players you are wrong.  There is a slight personal element involved with Harry Clifton, so I could be slightly biased regarding him. (So I don't normally comment on his performance), but as has been stated Peter Bore and Danny North have both had hard times on here in the past.

I guess you and I have different views on wanting 'local lads' to do well.  I would love them to, I know for a fact that Harry Clifton loves playing for Town and I believe that his work rate and enthusiasm reflects that. I also believe that would be the case of the others (but can't say that for sure).  I can not remember a single positive comment from yourself regarding local lads doing well.  As opposed to my 'Grandkids' going to school with local youth team players, I would suggest it could be yourself at School with youth team players and are getting bullied, or kept out of the school team by them. It might explain some of your resentment.  I honestly can't remember you mistaking me for someone else.  The reason I don't like the majority of your posts is that you seem to be more than happy to slag off the local players, the local supporters and the local area.  A lot of what you post is actually quite true, but some of it I believe is you trying so hard to be impartial that you have to put a negative of some sort in nearly all of your posts.  I for one will always be fully supportive of local lads and more than happy to see them make it (only if they are good enough though).  If you don't like things 'local' why support your 'local' club ?? (That's if you actually do) !!

UTM
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 11:57am