Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, November 17, 2018, 2:08pm
GTFC XI: McKeown, Hendrie, Davis, Collins (c), Fox, Pringle, Hessenthaler, Clifton, Vernam, Thomas, Cardwell.

Subs: Russell, Whitmore, Welsh, M. Rose, Woolford, Cook, A. Rose.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 17, 2018, 2:33pm; Reply: 1
That's a brave team MJ has put out,

Fox and Cardwell in after long injuries,

Good luck to them and the rest of the team.
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 17, 2018, 2:39pm; Reply: 2
If RHJ is out we don't really have much choice. Has to be Fox, Dixon or an out of position Famewo.

Thomas given a bit of support in Cardwell that people have been crying out for, wasn't expecting him straight into the starting XI though.

Hopefully Hess is gonna be chomping at the bit to impress.
Posted by: Davec, November 17, 2018, 2:49pm; Reply: 3
One thing I've noticed with Jolley is that he's not scared of springing a few surprises with starting line ups, I remember the starting line up for the Carlisle game and many on here said it was a brave line up and that seemed to work out, he played Davis last week after such a long lay off and now Fox and Cardwell are starting after very long lay offs
Posted by: RoboCod, November 17, 2018, 2:58pm; Reply: 4
Looks attack-minded on paper, fingers crossed.
Posted by: Skrill, November 17, 2018, 3:05pm; Reply: 5
Have a go lads.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 17, 2018, 3:11pm; Reply: 6
C,Mon Town
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 17, 2018, 3:24pm; Reply: 7
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, November 17, 2018, 3:26pm; Reply: 8
Sounds like weve got ‘being the featured game on tv highlights’ syndrome
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 17, 2018, 3:29pm; Reply: 9
25 minutes gone and the general consensus around where I am sat is this is two very poor sides.
Posted by: buckstown, November 17, 2018, 3:35pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from arryarryarry
25 minutes gone and the general consensus around where I am sat is this is two very poor sides.

JT and Buckley are in agreement with you
Posted by: toontown, November 17, 2018, 3:50pm; Reply: 11
We have a good enough goalie and steady enough defence but by God we are clueless in midfield and attack. Do we practice lack of movement or What, statuesque. Cringing lack of pace means we never capitalise on unexpected turnover in possesion
Posted by: TAGG, November 17, 2018, 3:51pm; Reply: 12
Not very good game not helped by a Dog of a Ref 👊👊👊
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 17, 2018, 3:52pm; Reply: 13
Looked like a penalty to me but apart from that very poor from Town.

Square pegs again!!! Jolley once again over complicating it with Clifton playing a holding role with Rose M on the bench? Verman on the right then the predictable switch of wings with Pringle after half an hour.

I know he’s still young but last season I saw nothing to suggest that Cardwell was good enough for this level and today hasn’t changed my view. How he starts ahead of Cooke I’ll never know.

The ref is clearly playing to the camera as he stopped the game and awarded free kicks to the team in possession (Crawley) on a number of occasions.
Posted by: Bigdog, November 17, 2018, 4:01pm; Reply: 14
Outnumbered in centre midfield.

No composure on the ball and no movement off it.

And I'm sick and tired of opposition knocking the ball around thirty yards from our goal under no pressure whatsover because our defence have dropped back to the six yard box. It gives our two against three in midfield no chance whatsoever. If we play that way because Collins is in the side, let's get either Famewo or Whitmore in because they're no woirse at tackling, heading and passing, better at marking a man tight, quicker and won't play so deep so our lack of numbers in centre mid don't get exposed. If Collins plays we'll have to play a three in centre mid to close down space, but then again it would compromise everywhere else on the pitch.

Vernam the only one looking likely to do something and show some composure.

Disjointed mess against a poor side. Not lucky to be 0-0 but zero football on offer as entertainment..
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 17, 2018, 4:10pm; Reply: 15

It's taken the Crawley number 6 having a tantrum to get the crowd going. 😂
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 17, 2018, 4:29pm; Reply: 16
This is frigging dreadful.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 17, 2018, 4:31pm; Reply: 17
2 awful sides.
Posted by: heppy88, November 17, 2018, 4:33pm; Reply: 18
This team are awful. Jolley needed time in the lower leagues. League two, Grimsby Town, no. I’m sure he will make a good manger in a few years. Time for a change.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, November 17, 2018, 4:36pm; Reply: 19
Only two pages on the match thread just shows how boring this game has been.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, November 17, 2018, 4:37pm; Reply: 20
Rose on for Vernam, maybe his pace might be bale to pinch us something from the game.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, November 17, 2018, 4:43pm; Reply: 21
AHKEEEEEEEM!!!!!!!!
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, November 17, 2018, 4:43pm; Reply: 22
AKHEEEEEEEEEEEEM

First of many to come! I can feel it!
Posted by: heppy88, November 17, 2018, 4:44pm; Reply: 23
Get in there. Jolley your a genius, well suited to this league. Great manager 😂
Posted by: Abdul19, November 17, 2018, 4:46pm; Reply: 24
Get in!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 17, 2018, 4:48pm; Reply: 25
Get in! hold out town
Posted by: Meza, November 17, 2018, 4:50pm; Reply: 26
Cmon Town.... Absolutely chuffed for the lad.... Left foot shot from centre of box into the top left corner 😮
Posted by: BenBB, November 17, 2018, 4:52pm; Reply: 27
1-0 FT to us ;)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, November 17, 2018, 4:52pm; Reply: 28
Completely undeserved win I'm sure we'll all agree, but I couldn't care less, its about time we got a bit of luck in the league.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, November 17, 2018, 4:55pm; Reply: 29
Great result, really need to keep pushing, get up the table a bit while theres not much distance
Posted by: Madeleymariner, November 17, 2018, 4:57pm; Reply: 30
Sounded awful but 3 pts is 3pts will settle for that. :)
Posted by: RoboCod, November 17, 2018, 5:01pm; Reply: 31
Completely undeserved win I'm sure we'll all agree, but I couldn't care less, it's about time we got a bit of luck in the league.

Bit harsh I think, in that those poor quality games are the ones we'ver been losing all season but we got the rub, as you point out.
Chucking Akheem on showed we had attacking intent to get the points, if not the all round quality. Take the positives though..3 pts from a not-great display, another blank sheet, Akheem's up and running and Embleton (sorely missed today) to return.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 17, 2018, 5:11pm; Reply: 32
Got to chalk this one down as a good result. Crawley were 8 points (i.e. over 50% more) ahead of us before this game and top half of the table. And for the reasons RobCod said.

Oh and a decent crowd considering. 4459 is not bad at all.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 17, 2018, 5:13pm; Reply: 33
Well done Akheem ...... only piece of quality in a really poor display...... still 3 points versus a Crawley side who came not to lose.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 17, 2018, 5:20pm; Reply: 34
I have seen many games we deserved to win but lost so I will take the 3 pts thank you,

Good gate and great that Akheem has scored his first league goal,

Onwards and upwards.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, November 17, 2018, 5:22pm; Reply: 35
Good phone in on radio right now by whoever it is I didnt catch the name
Posted by: lukeo, November 17, 2018, 5:27pm; Reply: 36
3 points is 3 points, ideally we want to be entertained but can't always be the case. UTM
Posted by: Teestogreen, November 17, 2018, 5:29pm; Reply: 37
Just read this - didn't know we had been playing (thought it was another international weekend ) - (watching the 'egg chuckers' on telly). Delighted with this result.

UTM
Posted by: Teestogreen, November 18, 2018, 8:59pm; Reply: 38
Just found out it is another international weekend (I thought it was but no one seemed to have played anyone) - good old Harry Kane has bailed us out (seen it on ITV news) - good old Sky? - I decided to relinquish the Sky membership for financial reasons and understand the England Cricket team have won the series in Sri Lanka as well:  - Jack Leach - last week I was on holiday in Devon - his selection big news on local TV - well done Jack.

'Communication let me down' -  in the words of Spandau Ballet.  

Only the well off can keep pace with the 'in house' sporting scene - it seems.

UTM
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 11:12am