Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 12, 2018, 12:21pm
The vegan FGR club players were seen scoffing fish and chips and chicken according to the taxi driver in today’s Sun who delivered their order after the Macclesfield game on Saturday.

Wonder if that is a breach of contract? ;)

Posted by: pizzzza, November 12, 2018, 1:29pm; Reply: 1
fish and chips and chicken

Strange combination. I usually have mushy peas with mine.
Posted by: wuffing, November 12, 2018, 1:32pm; Reply: 2
Maybe they didn't have ant bread and butter and used the chicken to mop up? >:(
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 12, 2018, 1:43pm; Reply: 3
If Town had been veggie, Ivanogate would never have happened ! 🥕 🍏
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 12, 2018, 2:39pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from pizzzza

Strange combination. I usually have mushy peas with mine.

Me too. ;D

Funny thing though, there was a lad who used to go in the Carr Lane chippy many years ago and get fishcake and chips and a chicken leg all on one tray. ;D

The other thing I forgot to say that would upset the FGR owner, the trays the team got their grub on were non-biodegradable!

Posted by: GrimRob, November 12, 2018, 4:11pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Civvy at last
If Town had been veggie, Ivanogate would never have happened ! 🥕 🍏

Or a messy version with a vegetable biryani
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 12, 2018, 8:56pm; Reply: 6
The vegan FGR club players were seen scoffing fish and chips and chicken according to the taxi driver in today’s Sun who delivered their order after the Macclesfield game on Saturday.

Wonder if that is a breach of contract? ;)

No, because Forest Green's status as a vegan football club extends only to the food they sell at the ground. The players are allowed to eat whatever they want.
Posted by: chaos33, November 12, 2018, 10:12pm; Reply: 7
:)
I do find it amusing though to think that there is a perception out there that you have to be a vegan if you play for FGR. Class.  :)
Posted by: Abdul19, November 12, 2018, 10:18pm; Reply: 8
Gutted I missed today's Sun, sounds like a great story!
Posted by: monkeyboy, November 13, 2018, 6:52am; Reply: 9
yea like john Parkin has ever been a vegan.
Posted by: RoboCod, November 13, 2018, 7:26am; Reply: 10
Quoted from monkeyboy
yea like john Parkin has ever been a vegan.

He's even had cake named after him.

[img]https://groceries.morrisons.com/productImages/296/296201011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=930e2108d941fa5c95be62c293d4f35d[/img]
Posted by: diehardmariner, November 13, 2018, 7:43am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Abdul19
Gutted I missed today's Sun, sounds like a great story!

Didn't they chuck out some equal click-bait crap of the FGR players getting some sausage rolls from Greggs after we beat them in the play-off final?

Still will take something to beat the Daily Mail story about some Z-List Celeb stepping over a puddle that goes viral on Twitter every now and then.
[url]https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2560118/Lauren-Goodger-jumps-round-puddle-outside-coffee-shop-friend.html[/url]
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 13, 2018, 8:05am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Chrisblor

No, because Forest Green's status as a vegan football club extends only to the food they sell at the ground. The players are allowed to eat whatever they want.

Well, well. Thank you Chris. I would never have guessed that in a million years and I am so grateful you pointed it out so nobody would think the players actually had to be vegans.  ;) Perhaps I should make my little ironies more obvious in future or maybe not. :)

Posted by: jock dock tower, November 13, 2018, 10:11am; Reply: 13
Didn't Steven Saunders wear vegan boots at Grimsby during the late 1980s? Think he was the very first footballer to do so.
Posted by: RoboCod, November 13, 2018, 10:15am; Reply: 14
Quoted from jock dock tower
Didn't Steven Saunders wear vegan boots at Grimsby during the late 1980s? Think he was the very first footballer to do so.

Not sure about Saunders but I remember Neil Robinson (from the Dave Booth era) being the first prolific vegan/veggie to stand out in the team, possibly him?
Posted by: jock dock tower, November 13, 2018, 11:18am; Reply: 15
That's the one Robo, getting the players mixed up. Definitely Neil Robinson. Saunders was the Eddie the Eagle lookalike.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 9:39am